Any temptations by your gym

Options

Replies

• jenaissance
    jenaissance Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    around the corner, a bakery
    around the corner the other way, a fabulous cafe, deli, and wine shop
    but right next door.....a french chocolatier/bakery that makes everything on site. it smells soooo good in the morning!
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    It seems like every gym I have gone to in Texas has a liquor store close by.

Haha!! Oh really? Then I am going to the wrong gym....

No, the only business by my gym is another gym that I also go to. LOL
    Uhhh Isn't that because there's a liquor store close to, well, everything in Texas?

The only temptations I find are at the gym already :bigsmile: Great incentive to kick some *kitten* while I'm there...
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Mine now is owned by the same people who own the Subway next door. I used to go to one that was next to Dairy Queen.
  • morningmud
    morningmud Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I would really be in trouble if there was a Baskin Robbins or an Olive Garden!
  • Mallory0418
    Mallory0418 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Mine used to SERVE temptations. They would order pizza every once in a while and set it out for members to share! It was always on a table set up right by the cardio station. :grumble:
  • linz1125
    linz1125 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    One side is a cupcake shop, other side is a coffee shop, Greek restaurant, and a candy shop. And across the street is lePeep. It's a danger zone!
  • tom_olech
    tom_olech Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Wierd, the only temptation my gym has is a vending machine in the lobby....oh but there is a tim horton next door, then again that is just because its on a campus and students like coffee
  • maryloo2011
    maryloo2011 Posts: 446
    Options
    I once bought a protein shake, made by my gym. They used some kind of syrup-y concoction out of a cardboard container for the flavor. Ummmm.........

Otherwise no, it's surrounded by office buildings :D
  • nnylee
    nnylee Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Wendys~~~~! Sigh. I walk by it all the time. I love Wendys chili.
  • zrmac804
    zrmac804 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    There's a Tim Horton's in my gym, but it always has mile-long line-up of loud bratty kids. That's a pretty strong deterrent!
  • xxTAMxx
    xxTAMxx Posts: 614
    Options
    I have to pass a Pizza Hut, KFC, McDonalds, Red Rooster, Subway and a Dominos. The smells are crazy. :sad:
  • weevil66
    weevil66 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    The gym I used to go to had an ice cream place, bakery, coffee joint, and a smoked meat shop., Oh, and they used to have a smoothie bar inside.
  • anels449
    anels449 Posts: 3,187 Member
    Options
    My gym has a healthy "bistro" and a spa attached to it. So not only am I tempted to have a tasty, healthy, unnecessary sandwich, but I'm also tempted to get a massage and manicure. >.<
  • elliott82
    elliott82 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    One side is a cupcake shop, other side is a coffee shop, Greek restaurant, and a candy shop. And across the street is lePeep. It's a danger zone!

mmm le peep is so good. good thing all the ones i've been to are only open during the day and i work out at night.
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    The police and fire stations ;)
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I have to walk partially through a grocery store to get upstairs to my gym....the stairs are right beside the sushi station, and there's always a candy display on the other side of it. If I walk around the corner, there's a restaurant, Starbucks, bar and McDonalds (although thankfully, fast food really doesn't tempt me any more)
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    My gym is in a mall complex, so lots of temptations of all sorts lol. But, there is a really excellent, authentic Mexican restaurant next door that is tempting.
  • NamibianRose
    NamibianRose Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I use to frequent a hot yoga studio that was in a strip mall next door to a frozen yogurt place, a Mexican restaurant, a Chinese buffet, and some local southern fare restaurant. It's also very close to a bunch of other bad for you food places. I heard the Mexican place was really good too =\
  • cNhobbes
    cNhobbes Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    the ymca near me has like a fing bakery in it. seriously? workout hard--get a donut! #healthfailure
  • ChrisRS87
    ChrisRS87 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    My gym shares a parking lot with Duff's. Local chain famous for it's wings. (I live in Buffalo, these are without a doubt the best wings you'd ever have) I can smell them as I leave the gym.