I.....Need......FRIENDS!

Options
There. I said it. My husband won't support me. He says he does, but he honestly could give a crap about what I weigh...which, I guess is cool, but it doesn't help my self esteem issues. I want to lose weight for ME and I need a surrogate husband/family/friends who know what I'm going through and who will support me. PLEASE! Oh, god, now I'm begging...

Replies

• 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    LOL, sorry to laugh, my husband's the same. It's great that he thinks I look go no matter what, but it'd be nice if he worked out with me jot said 'great job' after I push through a workout.....
  • AriG88
    AriG88 Posts: 14
    Options
    That's EXACTLY how i feel...i mean, come on, I know I'm sweating like a pig and completely unattractive after a hard workout, but a simple "Hey, good job, babe!" would be nice....
  • pamperedlinny
    pamperedlinny Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options
    I'm on here all the time. Feel free to add if you like.
  • AJ_Pete
    AJ_Pete Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    I love it when a gal begs!

Request sent.
  • cms1250
    cms1250 Posts: 3
    Options
    I'm glad to hear you're doing this FOR YOU! We women need to do that regardless of how wonderful our men are! So stay with it babe. I can relate to your situation. I've lost 42 lbs in the last 5 months & my hubby never noticed until this past Saturday when I wore a size 8 jean for the first time in over 10 yrs. And you know what he said: "I knew you have lost SOME weight but I didn't realize you had thinned out so much." Imagine that! Not like he doesn't see me everyday, duh!
    So hang in there,babe, we're here for you :)
  • kiwipez
    kiwipez Posts: 144
    Options
    Been there done that! Feel free to add me.
  • carolinebenforado
    carolinebenforado Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm standing with you. I won't even complain when you are all sweaty after the gym. :laugh:
  • crazycurvygirl79
    crazycurvygirl79 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Add me too ladies
  • LJSchmitt
    LJSchmitt Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    My hubby used to notice everything -- then he bought his own big rig. Maybe if I had big drive tires he would notice!
  • AriG88
    Options
    You are ALL so awesome, thank you! I'm doing the happy dance over here with all my new pals....which is HOPEFULLY burning off some calories....multi-tasking!
  • AriG88
    Options
    Bahaha big rigs taking precendence.... what is this world coming to?
  • divid
    divid Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    To be honest I think i'd rather that than my bf's comment of "we could both afford to lose a few pounds". I mean, I know I need to. But still lol. Request sent!
  • fitfunnygal
    Options
    My hubby is working on loosing wieght also, but my ex was like that. OMG the last time I lost wieght when I was dating him he tried to get me to eat McDonalds fries. That should have been a clue not to marry him. But I did get a great daughter out of it. She is the one in the picture with me.
  • AriG88
    Options
    About a year ago actually, my hubby poked my flub and said... "So...have we been together long enough to talk about the size of this??"
    Like a mature adult, I glared fiercely at him and poked between his legs, saying, "Sure, babe. Right after we discuss the size of THIS."

Needless to say we were at a stalemate.
  • KarMykal
    KarMykal Posts: 3
    Options
    I hear ya....my whole life my family has told me that I would be pretty if I would loose some weight (which we all know doesn't help the weight loss process) so when i finally decide to to it for ME no one is there to support me!! Feel free to add me - I too am looking for friends to support me!
  • betancourta229
    betancourta229 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Lol..I love it a stalemate! :-)
  • nevergiveup92
    Options
    ADD...ME....! :D
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    Hello! My husband isn't UNsupportive but he's 6'6" and 210 so he doesn't QUITE get what I've gone through since, well, puberty. Feel free to add me, I mean, who DOESN'T want to add someone wearing a New Kids on The Block tshirt?
  • shannond1980
    shannond1980 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me :)
  • pink_butterfly
    Options
    About a year ago actually, my hubby poked my flub and said... "So...have we been together long enough to talk about the size of this??"
    Like a mature adult, I glared fiercely at him and poked between his legs, saying, "Sure, babe. Right after we discuss the size of THIS."

Needless to say we were at a stalemate.

LOL I love how u replied to that... sorry but that made me laugh..
    Added you!

My hubby is supportive.. sometimes not so much.. but he tries I think... Through two pregnancies we both gained weight.. His is falling off as he's not trying, and mine im working my butt off for it ... can get frustrating!