Expressions you hate..

Options

Replies

• mfpseven
    mfpseven Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    When people say the abbreviated form of something when the actual word or phrase has the same number of syllables. Like saying "o-m-g" when it's not any shorter. Or saying stfu as "ste-foo."

"I been" or "'I be" instead of "I've been"

"for a minute" as in "Girl, that man been gone for a minute" meaning a while or a longer period of time. A minute makes it sound short.
  • Anappy
    Anappy Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    "My bad"... pretty awful
  • _Triple_S_
    _Triple_S_ Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Not really a saying...just a word. WHATNOT....WTF does that mean? Blah blah blah and whatnot...

Hate that
  • dougt333
    dougt333 Posts: 697
    Options
    When people say the abbreviated form of something when the actual word or phrase has the same number of syllables. Like saying "o-m-g" when it's not any shorter. Or saying stfu as "ste-foo."

"I been" or "'I be" instead of "I've been"

"for a minute" as in "Girl, that man been gone for a minute" meaning a while or a longer period of time. A minute makes it sound short.

first time I ever heard the minute thing, I really got confused. A guy said he had been working there for a minute, then got mad when I treated him like a new employee.
  • Zylahe
    Zylahe Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Turns out i really hate.
    "thats a good question".
    I get that all the time, and only me .
    Its really pissing me off :(
    :grumble:
  • Aleluya17
    Aleluya17 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Anything to do with the following:
    Swag
    Yolo
    Irregardless
    Saying the letters of commonly used chat slang individually
    Cray cray
    Dat
    Dawg
    FYI
    Retarded
    Baby momma
    Baby daddy
    Big boned (i've seen you x-rays your bones look fine)
    fo sho (for sure)

I'm very guilty of using "country" expressions such as "warsh (wash) and ya'll"

I guess I hate words a lot more then the expressions most people use.

My new favorite: "We're going to need a bigger *kitten* to handle all this ****" I use it all the time now.
  • MarcoRod
    MarcoRod Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Also...words shortened for the sake of trendiness...like "Oh she's just jelly" (as in jealous) and girls adding in the word "so" unnecessarily like "are you SOOOO excited?!"

"jelly" is new to me. will have to use that! : )
  • Substances
    Substances Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    "You can't have your cake and eat it too," well, what the hell am I getting the cake for if I can't eat it? That's like saying you can buy a new car but you can't drive it.

"Na'mean?" No. Stop it. Especially if you're saying it like that, and you all know what I'm talking about. It makes me want to rip out someones vocal chords and bury them in a pit of sand.
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    It's all good!
  • phoenix_59
    phoenix_59 Posts: 1,123
    Options
    Hey mister...your pants are falling down!
  • thetrishwarp
    thetrishwarp Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I see so many people on facebook find stupid ways to say "Happy Birthday". I'm good with "Happy B-day" or sentences, such as "Hope you're having a great birthday!" or "Happy 21st!"

Those are all good.

But when people say "Happppps to the birthdayyyyizzle" I'm like WTF are you saying!? Happs to the Birthday!? Drives. Me. Insane. :explode:
  • julia80
    julia80 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    "Going forward" ...I could puke over that self-important blurb. Also, "....My passion is________" Please don't use the word passion like that, please.

My boss says this all the time, and "Ask the question" Me and my boyfriend had a conversation about this yesterday, all the things we hate our bosses saying.
  • ChgingMe
    ChgingMe Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    "I seen it". Makes my hand twitch and want to smack someone.

Oh yea. It is used a lot where I come from. Drives me nuts. My daughter used to use it, until I would yell. YOU SAW IT, YOU DIDN'T SEEN IT. Got on her nerves. Now she corrects others. My work here is done.
  • 8goodgirl0
    8goodgirl0 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    "My bad"... pretty awful

I agree!

Also, "He turned round to me...." " I turned round to him..."
  • ChgingMe
    ChgingMe Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    "I seen it". Makes my hand twitch and want to smack someone.

I never heard that one

Wonder if it's a geographical thing...I swear I hear it all over here in the South.

Yep its a georgraphical thing. I live in the mid atlantic region. Its an epidemic here.
  • julia80
    julia80 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Whilst I am in the mood I hate all people that use 'text talk'. Such as gr8 and use 'no' instead of 'know' because it's quicker. Why is everyone in such a rush? I actually won't reply to anyone who uses text talk. In the old days when text had a character restriction of about 60 characters you could understand people using 'R' and 'U' occasionally but there is no need anymore so STOP IT.
  • painauxraisin
    painauxraisin Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    'Basically' or 'At the end of the day' or 'like' 'touch base' (arggg!!) ' or ' If I'm honest' (cos you're not usually?).

Lots of people start a sentence with 'so'. Seems weird to me.
  • painauxraisin
    painauxraisin Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Oh oh and..................' thinking out of the box' and 'getting out of my confort zone' !!!!
  • Spartan_Maker
    Spartan_Maker Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    "I didn't do it on purpose."

Okay, then it was reckless or careless; if it was on purpose, you should be in jail or a mental institution.
  • Brunner26_2
    Brunner26_2 Posts: 1,152
    Options
    I hate when people use the word "ignorant" to mean "rude."