What did YOU eat for breakfast?

Options

Replies

• fit4lyfeLisa
    fit4lyfeLisa Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I have oatmeal every morning for breakfast.
  • breakingthecyclept2
    Options
    Raisin Bran Crunch with whole milk. :-)
  • zozzabubba
    zozzabubba Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I have my perfect breakfast that I have every day, and just alter amounts of each component depending on how long it'll be before I eat again and how much/how soon I'll be working out.

wholewheat/rye/pumpernickel TOAST (good carbs)
    spread with PESTO (good fats, a little protein, and yummy)
    topped with TOMATO SLICES (vitamins, bit of good sugar, and tastes soooo good with the pesto)
    with EGG whites, sometimes a yolk in there too, cooked in the microwave - no oil needed (protein!)

Comes out to about 250 cals, and keeps me full til snacktime (apple) at about 10:30
  • dup32
    dup32 Posts: 68
    Options
    today it is a cold turkey burger.. no bun..it may seem a little strange but gotta get that pretein in and it tastes great!
  • jaxbeck
    jaxbeck Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    hard boiled egg & a banana
  • 2_young_2B_old
    2_young_2B_old Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Omelet muffins!
  • Mbishop7684
    Mbishop7684 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I usually make my Big Blend Green Smoothie: under 100 cals and gets a TON of nutrients and fills you up:

1) 3/4 C water, one vine tomato, one carrot, one orange, one apple, mango.
    Liquefy in mixer
    2) 2-3 cups spinach, add at the end, puree everything.

I make this at night and split it into 2 cups and drink them for breakfast for the next two mornings.
  • rustyguy
    rustyguy Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    A peanut butter sandwich. I use use Schwebels Select whole wheat bread, one serving of Jif peanut butter and half a cup of skim milk.
  • Marcillene
    Marcillene Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    i mix what i would put into an egg omelette in a bowl and then pour into muffin tins and bake for 20 min. yields 12 servings (1 "egglett" per serving)

I usually do this on sunday it lasts the week =)

each one had 59 calories, 2g of fat, 2g of carbs and 11g of protein. I use 1c of egg white beaters and 2 whole eggs.

easy, adaptable, and super filling!
    I load mine with spinach, diced tomato, chopped mushroom, and sliced turkey.

GOOD IDEA!!
  • MsP90X
    MsP90X Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    A 7 ounce grilled top sirloin.

That is my kind of breakfast!

I ate 3oz of grilled salmon and 4 tiger shrimp :P Leftovers :)
  • FITnFIRM4LIFE
    FITnFIRM4LIFE Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal protein pancakes
    1/2 cup egg whites
    1/2 cup oats
    1/2 cup low-fat cottage cheese
    1/8 teaspoon baking powder
    1/2 cup frozen, warmed berries with their juices as a topping or sugar free syrup
    Splenda to taste

Directions

Blend first four ingredients until smooth
    Pour approximately 1/4 cup batter for each pancake onto heated griddle or non-stick pan (check to see if its hot enough with a splash of water-if it sizzles, its hot enough)
    When pancake bubbles, flip and cook the other side
    Top with frozen, organic strawberries-warmed and sliced and poured over the top with their juices. Or substitute fresh or frozen blueberries, raspberries, blackberries or bananas. You can use Splenda to taste.

Nutrition Facts

Makes 2 Servings (Three ¼ cup pancakes with ¼ cup strawberries)

Amount Per Serving

Calories: 254.5
    Total Fat: 3.3 g
    Saturated Fat: 0.8 g
    Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.0 g
    Monounsaturated Fat: 1.0 g
    Cholesterol: 2.3 mg
    Sodium: 280.0 mg
    Potassium: 297.8 mg
    Total Carbohydrate: 33.8 g
    Dietary Fiber: 5.3 g
    Sugars: 2.5 g
    Protein: 21.3 g
  • Lucie_L00
    Lucie_L00 Posts: 53
    Options
    got my hazelnut coffee,,,with a works bagel, toasted, and half of avocado,,,,,,
  • Briantime
    Briantime Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    A bowl of frosted mini wheats. I was eating just a fiber-one bar for breakfast, but I was ravenous by lunchtime...

Brian
  • ShifuYaku
    ShifuYaku Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Two pieces of wheat bread with apple butter on them, an 1/8th of pepper jack cheese, and 15 cherries :))) Sooo yummy!
  • jennieth
    jennieth Posts: 105
    Options
    You really do need to eat more. Especially breakfast.

3 egg whites
    1 egg
    1/2 cup oatmeal

My food diary is public if you want to look
  • scgbball
    scgbball Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I usually eat an egg or 2 servings of liquid eggs with 2 pieces of turkey bacon. Sometimes with it I have a piece of toast with laughing cow cheese on it, or a cup of whatever fruit I have in the fridge. I love breakfast!!
  • emg9
    emg9 Posts: 112
    Options
    2 buiscuits of weetabix with hot milk, with sliced banana and dried cranberries. yum!!
  • DarkFlutter
    DarkFlutter Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Thomas's English Muffin - Light Multi-Grain
    1 TBSP Land-O-Lakes Cinnamon Butter
    Chai Tea Latte from Keurig K-Cup (Green Mountain/Cafe Escapes brand)

YUMMY!
  • grabbin_life84
    grabbin_life84 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm a protein metabolism type so I eat 2 egg whites + 1 whole egg and 3 pieces of turkey bacon along with (some mornings) 1/2 a grapefruit or cup black coffee:) Works wonders for my morning workout!
  • endjl
    endjl Posts: 28
    Options
    Oats are a staple as you can eat them so many ways, with so many added yummies like fruit, nut butter and even protein powder. If you decide on oats, make sure to have protein or healthy fats as well, in order to help you to stay full feeling.

Egg whites are also great! Add avocado for a healthy fat and as many green veggies as you want! I often have egg whites w/ veggies and ezekial bread. The cinnamon raison is awesome AND good for you!!!