What did YOU eat for breakfast?

Options

Replies

• jen_bd6
    jen_bd6 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    a gala apple with 2 tablespoons of all natural peanut butter and a serving of oven roasted almonds
  • dusty_712001
    dusty_712001 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I usually have the same breakfast:

3 eggs over hard
    1 slice cheese
    2 pieces turkey sausage

Gives me a total of 500 calories for breakfast.

There are many days that this will keep me satisfied till dinner between 5 and 6pm. At the most I might take in a couple hundred calories between 12 and 1.
  • lostwisdom
    lostwisdom Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I always make sure to eat breakfast, I can't get through the day without it! Today I had 2 small pieces of mutligrain bread with light spread, a poached egg and cuppa tea.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,264 Member
    Options
    Considering that meal frequency and timing have no scientifically metabolic advantage, whatever I do or do not feel like. If I have a workout planned, I will have a banana and some almond milk. If it is an off day, depends how hungry I am.

Some of my favorites include omelets with all sorts of vegetables and cheese with chicken sausage (or pork bacon), oatmeal with lots of fresh berries, fried eggs with sausage/bacon and toast, or a breakfast sandwich.

But yea.... breakfast doesn't "boost" anything.
  • Scalesareforthefishes
    Scalesareforthefishes Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    8 oz plain Chobani mixed with a sugar free jello cup = 150 calories
    and black coffee with a few ice cubes, no sugar or cream
  • theresmynapkin
    theresmynapkin Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    quaker brown sugar and maple oatmeal packet (made with 2/3 cup milk so it's creamier) with a small granny smith apple diced up inside the oatmeal. Gives it great taste and a better texture than the oatmeal alone! :)
  • AmyLRed
    AmyLRed Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    my usual breakfast sandwich-

arnold 100 cal sandwich thins- whole wheat
    borden 2% american cheese
    1 scrambled egg
    2 slices oscar mayer precooked bacon

286 cals, 19 grams of protein, keeps me full until my 11:30 snack! So good!
  • runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    6oz plain greek yogurt, 1/2c strawberries, 1.5T unsweetened coconut, 52g Kashi Go Lean cereal, and some cinnamon. 350 cals, ish.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    12oz coffee, 1 sugar in the raw packet, 4tbs hood fat free half and half;
    1/2 cup egg beaters;
    2 strips cooked bacon;
    1/8 cup shredded parmesan cheese;
    1 fiber one mutligrain english muffin.

SO good.
  • GeorgieLove708
    GeorgieLove708 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I usually eat some version of eggs for breakfast. This morning it was 2 pan fried (nonstick skillet, no oil or butter) eggs on 2 slices of whole grain toast, with 1 sliced Roma tomato. It comes out to about 355 calories. Other mornings I make an omelet with eggs, skim milk, a sprinkle of cheddar cheese, a half ounce of diced ham, zucchini, and mushrooms with a little olive oil to saute the zucchini and mushrooms first. That's only 206 calories.
  • LATeagno
    LATeagno Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I had bacon and coffee. Noms.
  • Marcillene
    Marcillene Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I was never a breakfast person. I read all the posts about people saying they started losing again after starting to eat breakfast and all the info about jump-starting your metabolism..blah, blah, blah. I still never did it. Then, I totally hit a plateau and was so frustrated! I started doing the South Beach Diet, and it has you eat three meals and two snacks. It totally worked!! I never ever ever feel hungry and I'm losing again! For breakfast every morning I have a can of V8 vegetable juice (I like the spicy kind) and some sort of "omlette" type thing. I usually make a big pan of eggs with fresh veggies and low fat cheese and then cut them into squares to eat for teh week. Today's had egg beaters, reduced fat feta cheese, and leftover roasted onion, squash, and zucchini....delish! Whatever you eat, I highly recommend trying breakfast.

Thank you for the input! I enjiy reading the explanations vs. criticism. I think breakfast is a fight that more than just myself deals with.
  • endjl
    endjl Posts: 28
    Options
    BTW - Never skip breakfast!!! It is vital for a healthy metabolism. Eat within an hour of waking, or immediately after a morning cardio session. If you're crunched for time, blend protein powder with fruit, spinach and plain nonfat greek yogurt or cottage cheese. Add a nut butter for some healthy fats to help you to burn fat throughout the day! Breakfast is the best meal! Mmmmm!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    two eggs scrambled with green onions, shredded carrots and bell peppers
    two chopped up plum tomatoes
    a glass of milk
    a handful of pecans
    and a banana
  • zakkthebear
    zakkthebear Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    4 eggs whites
    3 whole eggs
    1.25 oz pepper jack cheese
    3 fiber crackers
    50g chicken
    25g red peppers
    a lot of Tapatio
    24oz coffee
  • Foxypoo61287
    Foxypoo61287 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Eggos. Lmao! And a whole Mango! :)
  • Haleymayley
    Options
    I had a poached egg
    on top of a slice of ham
    on top of a bed of baby spiniach
    on top of wheat toast
    & a banana
    & a glass of water
  • FiercelyBeautiful
    FiercelyBeautiful Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    4 Egg Whites
    1/2 cup Fresh Spinach
    I cup chopped yellow onion, bell pepper, and tomato
    4oz. Sweet potato
    Spark And Water
  • met42485
    met42485 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    after working out and a 16 hour fast I had 8 pieces of thick cut bacon and 3 scrambled eggs made in the bacon grease

That sounds amazing!! Much better than my overnight chocolate banana oatmeal.
  • SarahofTwins
    SarahofTwins Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Village Farms Blueberry Oatmeal & hard boiled egg....very filling. I also like to change it up with a wheat tortilla, egg, and turkey bacon sometimes.