What did YOU eat for breakfast?

Options
Marcillene
Marcillene Posts: 484 Member
So for many years I have only ate a snakc (on some days) and dinner. I always would get my nutrients needed with my dinner though. I am currently at a slowing plateau. I have read a few times that jumpstarting your metabolism is best if you eat something healthy in the morning. So I am trying just that.

Ate an egg for breakfast this morning. Going for 5 strawberries and 1/2c. fat free cottage cheese for lunch.

Any input on this subject? Or what do YOU eat for breakfast?

Replies

• BABetter1
    BABetter1 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I had a poached egg and a cup of cherries. Yum. I often have a serving of cereal and skim milk with a serving of fruit. But, I've noticed I feel more satisfied and stay full longer if I have the poached egg and a serving of fruit.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    I tend to eat a very light breakfast as I am just not hungry enough to appreciate it ... Some days I get through to lunch on just coffee and cream then I really pig out ;)

Sometimes I'll grab a hunk of cheese or some nuts to get me through.

All depends on how I am feeling really ...
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Dorset cereals granola with milk.
  • SmexAppeal
    SmexAppeal Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    I eat the same thing every morning I work. It's my nummy fruit smoothie!
    1/2 cup frozen strawberries or mixed fruit
    1/2 cup frozen blueberries
    1 cup Almond Milk - Unsweetened Vanilla
    1/2 cup Light and Fit Vanilla Yogurt
    1/2 scoop Body Fortress Whey Protein - strawberry flavor
    1/2 scoop Body Fortress Whey Protein - Vanilla flavor

Get tons of nutrients and a good dose of my protein. And this keeps me full until lunch. I normally make it in the morning and drink it at work around 9-9:30. But yes, its best to eat breakfast. And you should eat lunch too! If you eat good food throughout the day, in smaller portions, it keeps your body burning. This will help increase your metabolism, along with a good exercise routine!
    Hope this helps! And fyi, eggs are great in the morning!!! MMMmmmmm
  • moosegt35
    moosegt35 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    A 7 ounce grilled top sirloin.
  • Fatal1ty2k5
    Fatal1ty2k5 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    2 packets of instant oats

260 cals
    54 carbs
    4 fat
    6 protein
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    after working out and a 16 hour fast I had 8 pieces of thick cut bacon and 3 scrambled eggs made in the bacon grease
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    2 packets of instant oats

260 cals
    54 carbs
    4 fat
    6 protein

ditto!!
  • lizfaith26
    lizfaith26 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am glad you posted. i would love to know everyones answers as well. i have been doing this for 5 days and am so lost. breskfast seems to be my biggest mystery.
  • Zichu
    Zichu Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    3 Whole Eggs
    1 Bell Pepper
    1/4 Medium Sized Onion
    50g of Mushrooms
    30ml of Skimmed Milk

That was made into an Omelette.

2 Turkey Sausage
    100g of Chicken Breast
    100g of Baked Beans

I enjoy a big breakfast and it tides me over till lunch.
  • nikkitodhunter
    Options
    At the moment I'm eating 1 slice of Burgen soya & linseed bread (or just niormal wholemeal bread), with about a teaspoon and a half of almond butter spread on.

Until a few days ago I was a peanut butetr addict, but my mum brought home alond butter and apparently it's full of good stuff, vitamins etc, and about the same cals/macros....and I'm not sure if it's just my imagination but it seems to keep me full for longer!!
  • TKHappy
    TKHappy Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I have three favorite breakfasts:

1) Vanilla Greek Yogurt with sliced banana, walnuts, honey and cinnamon!

2) Steel cut oats with sliced banana, blueberries, walnuts, almond milk and cinnamon!

3) Three eggs with sauteed onions, mushroom, zuchini, green peppers and spinach topped with salsa and sour cream with a slice of toast and fresh fruit!

YUM!! :)
  • CajunNino
    CajunNino Posts: 269
    Options
    My food diary is public...but to save you the click:

Oatmeal w/ little honey
    Blackberries
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    after working out and a 16 hour fast I had 8 pieces of thick cut bacon and 3 scrambled eggs made in the bacon grease

You've made me hungry now ... Bacon and eggs rock ...
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    pb and banana sandwich with a glass of vanilla soy milk :-)
  • Jillegos
    Jillegos Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    So far I'm having a skinny mocha latte... I <3 me some Starbucks! I will follow this up with a half cup of cottage cheese later. :)
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you're not eating enough. and there's just no way you're getting all that your body needs at dinner.... Plus it doesn't reallly help to just eat one real meal a day. It's not just how many calories you eat - you have to feed your body properly and not eating enough is doing your body a serious disservice.

For breakfast I had -
    2/3 cup plain greek yogurt + 1 packet splenda + 1/3 cup canned pumpkin + 1/2 scoop vanilla protein + cinnamon

186 Calories
    1g Fat
    15g carbs
    5g Fiber
    26g Protein
    98mg Sodium
  • Livingbalanced
    Livingbalanced Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Smoothie!
    1/2 cup frozen berries (strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries)
    1/2 banana
    1/4 cup(ish) of yogurt
    some frozen spinach

Blend! Fruits, veggies, protein, fiber!
  • reallyally1
    Options
    A banana
    maple blueberry summer porridge (a.k.a. refrigerator oatmeal)

445 cals! I usually eat around 8:00 and I'm not hungry again until 2 or 3 in the afternoon... it's amazing.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I take my vitamins in the morning with a cup of chocolate soy milk, but typically I don't eat anything. Today I also had a nectarine when I got to work because there were some nice looking one's available for free in the kitchen.