What did YOU eat for breakfast?

Options

Replies

• robinhardysmall
    robinhardysmall Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I have a very difficult time with breakfast being so early~ so when I get to work at around 8:30 I always have a 100 calorie bagel with Laughing Cow Cream Cheese (Strawberry)! I make myself eat this just to jumpstart the metabolism for the day.

Then...right about now- 10ish I have some grapes and pretzels.

I eat about every two hours during the day- and so far it is working :)
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    2 packets of instant oats

260 cals
    54 carbs
    4 fat
    6 protein

ditto!!

more carbs than I will have all day....just sayin
  • kmurphy0506
    kmurphy0506 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I was never a breakfast eater, but tried it out when I started this journey towards a healthier life. I credit my progress to breakfast! I'm amazed at what a difference it has made in my energy throughout the morning. My productivity at work has improved too (although I'm writing this when I should be coordinating a training haha!)

Try stirring in a packet of no sugar added Carnation Instant Breakfast to your coffee. Yummy, low cal mocha and it boosts your nutrients and gets your metabolism going.

A half cup of nonfat Greek yogurt (I add some stevia to help with the tartness) with fresh fruit and granola keeps me satisfied for a long time.

Overnight oatmeal is great too! Fix up your old fashion oats the night before, stick it in the fridge, in the morning they are ready! This morning I had half cup of oats, half cup of unsweetened almond milk, cinnamon, nutmeg and half a scoop of vanilla whey protein. I topped it off with blueberries

Happy Breakfast Eating!
  • pinthin87
    pinthin87 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I had oatmeal this morning. Love that stuff! I eat mine with warm milk or half & half. I have since I was a kid. Can't do water...just doesn't taste the same!
  • kborton1122
    kborton1122 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    I had Chocolate Cream of Wheat. It's the bomb! Love it!
  • erin023
    erin023 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I've had a coffee. Sometimes I'll throw some fruit into the mix.
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    this morning i had 2 eggs (over easy) with the yolks and one piece of plain whole wheat toast. normally have 2 pieces of whole wheat toast with 1.5 tablespoons of peanut butter
  • AJ_Pete
    AJ_Pete Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    1 cup of egg whites, 4 oz of boneless/skinless chicken chopped up, & 1 cup of steamed spinach mixed together (that's my norm)

TODAY? An ice cold cucumber (my central air went yesterday and it's near 100 out)
  • SKHaz1
    SKHaz1 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I had 2 waffles and 2 scrambled eggs. I always try to pair protein in whenever I eat carbs.
  • taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    2 scoops of ON Casein powder and about a pound of strawberries.

Stuffing down a can of no sodium added pinto beans right now.
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    This morning I had a Thomas bagel Thin (110 calories) with laughing cow garlic and herb cheese wedge (35 cal) and 3 slices of Oscar Mayer Oven Fresh Ham (23 calories). Then I had 2 Jimmy Deans turkey sausage links on the side (78 calories). I'm working on upping my protein. So I had a total of 246 calories for breakfast.

I also had a greek yogurt after my run, but I don't count that in my breakfast. That's my "6:30 I ran for 30 minutes and this is my reward for not dying" treat.
  • laus_8882
    laus_8882 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Porridge with banana, toasted sunflower seeds and brown sugar. So yum! Glad I had it, was feeling a bit too blah to get around to cooking a proper dinner and mostly just grazed for the rest of the day.
  • 99clmsntgr
    99clmsntgr Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    1/4 cup Quaker Old Fashioned Oats
    1 cup Silk Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
    1 scoop GNC Pure Egg Protein

305 calories
    31g total carbs
    5g fiber
    7g fat
    31g protein
    640mg sodium (the Egg Protein from GNC is about 490mg. Won't buy it again because of this (and the consistency is a little weird compared to the BSN Syntha-6 or even the Dymatize stuff). Should have read the label :explode: :mad: :angry: )
  • mjsunshine16
    mjsunshine16 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Corner Bakery Cafe - Applewood Smoked Bacon Power Panini Thin 390 calories. Not the ultimate choice but wasn't hungry for a morning snack either.
  • bkguarna
    bkguarna Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    honey nut cheerios w/ skim milk
    1/2 cup blueberries

30 minutes on the elliptical
    30 minutes lifting

banana
    hard boiled egg

I should make it to lunch =)
  • Hufflepuffer
    Options
    Almond milk and blueberries.

i'm usually not too good at breakfast , i mean eating in the morning *groans*
    i've had to try more recently as i have to eat with my new morning meds. You have to think of something you'll enjoy to convince yourself .
    Bananas are great if you need to run to work or whatever. Just try to see it as COMPULSORY! Luck.
  • Marcillene
    Marcillene Posts: 484 Member
    Options

For breakfast I had -
    2/3 cup plain greek yogurt + 1 packet splenda + 1/3 cup canned pumpkin + 1/2 scoop vanilla protein + cinnamon

186 Calories
    1g Fat
    15g carbs
    5g Fiber
    26g Protein
    98mg Sodium

Never heard of using canned pumpkin. Bet that would be amazing! Did you make lit like a smoothie?
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    4 pcs. of Sara Lee Multi-Grain toast (45 calories a slice) 180 calories

3 Tbps. All Natural Jiff Crunchy Peanut Butter (190 calories per 2 Tbps.) 285 calories

2 Tbps. Locally made Strawberry Preserves (50 cal. a Tbps.) 100 calories

1 Medium Dole Banana (105 cal.) 105 calories

1 1/2 cup of 1% White Milk (110 cal. a cup) 150 calories

1 Travel Mug Keurig Coffee (Donut Shop roast)
    w/ 2 spoonfuls of Domino Pure cane sugar (15 cal. a spoonful)
    2 Tbps. Hershey Chocolate and Caramel creamer (70 cal. per 2 Tbps.) 104 calories

Total for Breakfast: 924 calories
  • Marcillene
    Marcillene Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    1 cup of egg whites, 4 oz of boneless/skinless chicken chopped up, & 1 cup of steamed spinach mixed together (that's my norm)

TODAY? An ice cold cucumber (my central air went yesterday and it's near 100 out)

This is definitally something I could handle for breakfast!
  • jenb41
    jenb41 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I had two slices of lite whole wheat toast
    Egg beaters
    6oz of low fat yogurt
    1/2 cup of strawberries
    1/2 onion, 2 tbs of salsa and a low fat cheese stick in my eggs.
    3 cups of water.

I am Stuffed!!! But I have been struggling to meet my calorie goal.. I never eat enough.. so this morning I am trying to eat more. Still have a lot to lose.