cereals......

Options
i got told of a trainer a while ago to keep away from cereals .... all cereals have sugars in etc etc.... i now have a bowl of cereal nearly every night & occasionally on a morning........... do you eat cereals??

Replies

• wgn4166
    wgn4166 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I do eat Special K a few times a week.
  • Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Have you ever had Reeses Puffs?
  • peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    I snack on a handful of Quaker Oatmeal Squares at least once a day.
  • sollyn
    sollyn Posts: 179
    Options
    The trick with cereals is portion control! I couldn't live without them.
  • sugerfree2
    sugerfree2 Posts: 69
    Options
    Have you ever had Reeses Puffs?

hi, no never had these
  • NoSpandex
    NoSpandex Posts: 54
    Options
    I mix Kashi Go Lean and Kashi Go Lean Crunch together. Yummy! And high in protein (for cereal)
  • mikeyrp
    mikeyrp Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    weetabix - low cal, no added sugar, tasty, easy portion control.
  • susiebear29
    susiebear29 Posts: 266
    Options
    i eat shredded wheat a few times a week this has no added sugar!! :smile:
  • danithegirl89
    danithegirl89 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I eat Uncle Sam's and Kashi Go Lean. Uncle Sam's is really good for you and low sugar! Full of fiber and healthy fats. You should try some!
  • 33neenaj
    33neenaj Posts: 306
    Options
    I eat cap n crunch WITH BERRIES and I'm dropping the fat like craaazzzyyyyy
  • sugerfree2
    sugerfree2 Posts: 69
    Options
    thats what i have either of the following & i was advised stop the lot ...

weetabix plain or choc

shreddies

cheerios
  • katejkelley
    katejkelley Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    I eat one serving (1 cup) of Kashi Go Lean with 1/2 cup fat-free milk every morning. It's very tasty and has a good amount of protein. I wouldn't eat it at night though. You don't need to eat a bowl of cereal at night.
  • JanSmelly
    JanSmelly Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I like cereal, but don't generally eat it because it leaves me starving an hour later. Sometimes when I am craving a bowl I will have one as a snack at night.

Why would it matter if cereal is eaten in the morning or at night? I mean do you limit tomatoes to dinner or a sandwich to lunch?
  • sweet_lotus
    sweet_lotus Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I don't eat the commercially prepared ones because they are kind of expensive. In the winter I just have a bowl of cooked hot scottish oats with some nut butter and apples, and in the warm weather I sometimes make my own granola style cereal.

Just go to bulk foods in your grocery or natural foods store. You can get puffed grains like brown rice, millet, etc. and/or rolled oats, barley, whatever you want. You can toast them, or not (to toast lay them out on a cookie sheet and pop in a 200 degree oven for about 10 minutes - just keep an eye out because they burn). Toss in a large bowl with chopped nuts, dried fruit if you like. And then for flavoring, I'd heat nut butter and honey (or maple sugar) in a pot on the stove, stir, and fold into the grain/nut mixture. Yum!

You can make loads of cereal for the cost of one box. It freezes very well too, so you don't have to worry about it going stale.
  • soleilxo
    soleilxo Posts: 202
    Options
    natures path cinnamon and blueberry flax is sooooo goood!
  • sofia0586
    sofia0586 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    i like total cereal.

100 calories per serving and you get a big dose of vitamins.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    I eat giant 4 cup bowls of cereal 4-5 times a week. Right now I'm doing 2 cups of Cherrios mixed with 2 cups of Fiber One Honey squares. Pure awesomeness. In fact I'm going to have that tonight. It's all about calories in vs. calories out.
  • petiteLady89
    petiteLady89 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    No, cereal does not fill me up. I would have to have several portions.
  • amykingsley1
    amykingsley1 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Almost every day, I have a 2 or 3 serving bowl of an unsweetened cereal like cheerios, corn flakes, or rice krispies. You can have a huge amount for not many calories. I add a little sugar and some unsweetened vanilla almond milk. Even if I'm ravenous and have a huge a huge serving, it amounts under 400 calories.
  • djbrink21
    djbrink21 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Multi-grain cherrios...I keep a box of them in my desk at work to fill in for breakfast if I don't have time to get something else. A cup is only 110 calories and really fills you up.