How do you get so much water in?

Options
escalada22
escalada22 Posts: 191 Member
I am wondering how people get so much water in and drink others things throughout the day? I have my 1 or 2 cups of coffee and usually at least one glass of tea a day. And it can be a struggle or I don't get at least 8 cups in. :( Any suggestions?

Replies

• NickiRae04
    NickiRae04 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I have a 22 oz water bottle I start drinking around 11 or 12 and don't stop until I go to bed! Just keep drinking!! Add flavors to it - Water can get boring! Crystal light has some pretty good ones! Also the MiO shots are pretty good and they have energy ones. Good luck!!!
  • amberecochran
    amberecochran Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I purchase a bottle of Smart Water, you know, the 33.8 oz size. What I do is, I have my coffee in the morning, go to work with my bottle and once the bottle is empty, I refill it, drink that and have completed my 8 cups for the day. Also, drinking from a straw or a nozzle makes it easier to get your water down faster. I have also used one of these Big Bubba cups. They are great because they can hold the whole 64oz you need for the day. when its empty, your done. Hope that helps!
  • amberecochran
    amberecochran Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I agree, the MiO Energy black cherry is REALLY good!
  • pietomb00
    pietomb00 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I have a drink when I get up, then a bottle of water sat next to me on my desk all day, as soon as it's nearly empty I fill it back up. Then drink a few teas during the day.
  • Elle_45
    Elle_45 Posts: 43
    Options
    My brother sets up routines like having a cup or two before he goes to the bathroom or before he eats and while he eats. I just keep
    a water bottle with me. I am a water bottle nut and my husband rolls his eyes everytime I get a new one, but they are fun.
  • meglynne1987
    meglynne1987 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I keep a 3 liter bottle of water in the fridge at work..... and i LOVE ice cold water... So I look at it as this is how much i should drink by .... whenever... and kinf of pace myself but challenge myself at the same time. And it keeps me full so more of a motivation. I now drink 6 liters of water a day and no soda, tea, or anything else, but my one cup of coffee in the morning.
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Routine has helped me. I drink 2 cups throughout the 8 hour work day, drink 2 cups with dinner, 2 cups while working out, 2 cups post-workout with a snack and then usually another 2 cups while I'm watching tv or something about to go to bed. Making myself do this I average between 8-12 cups a day depending on how thirsty I get. :P
  • lynn_marie68d
    Options
    I have a larger SMART water bottle....In the Am I fll it up completely before leaving for work....And I marked lines on it with times that I have to drink a certian ammount by. Ofcourse I have to refill the bottle up throught the day (3x) but I keep it at the duty station and out of the fridge so I'm aware that I have to finish it.
  • momtokgo
    momtokgo Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I use a big insulated starbucks cup with a straw (holds 3 cups) and I just keep it with me. I usually drink 9 cups a day, sometimes more, sometimes less, but except for a small cup of OJ in the morning, I only drink water. Sometimes tea, but I add that into my water intake.
  • bailuna
    bailuna Posts: 56
    Options
    It's been fairly easy for me. I have a large cup that I keep at my desk at work. It actually fits a little over 2 cups of water in it.

So I fill it up once from breakfast to lunch. Then at lunch, I fill it up again. Then I fill it up once more to last me from lunch - home time. That's already six cups of water.

I then drink a full glass of water with dinner, and another 1-2 glasses at/after the gym and maybe another before bed.

It's become a routine to me now and I think nothing of it.

Way better than the 2-3 diet sodas I was drinking a day.
  • escalada22
    escalada22 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the great suggestions! I may have to try that Mio : ) I love ice cold water, but like yesterday I got 6 cups in but it was after 8 when I started drinking. guess I just need to force myself to do it!
  • natpalit
    natpalit Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Also bear in mind that a "cup" of water, is about 250ml I think. Which means in total you should be getting about 2 litres a day, but this doesn't all have to be from fluids directly, if you have a lot of fresh fruit and vegetables with a high water content, like tomatoes, cucumbers, melons, etc, then you are gaining extra fluids from these foods.
  • hazyjel74
    hazyjel74 Posts: 45
    Options
    I used to drink as much as I should but ended up peeing WAY too often, so I have a few glasses of water and some tea a day now.
  • JudyL5305
    JudyL5305 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I love water so it isn't a problem for me. I have a 16oz cup that I just keep filling up over and over and that helps. Sometimes if I want something different I will drink seltzer just to trick me that I am drinking something different.
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    I had to "train" myself to drink more water. I have a big bottle I keep at work, and after my coffee I fill it up from the water cooler and keep it at my desk. I make a point to just keep drinking from it, and when it starts to get low, I refill it. It works for me, if it's sitting at my desk I'll drink it. Otherwise I probably wouldn't bother.
  • laus_8882
    laus_8882 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I have the best water bottle in the world. It's green on the side has a crocodile with nice teeth telling me that he hearts water. I think it's like 750ml or something. So I fill it up about five times a day and hello, fun water! Who doesn't want a crocodile smiling at them as they have something to drink?

Oh, and I don't drink anything but water. Not even tea or coffee. Dunno why, just very fond of water. Yum!
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    I have a 40oz water bottle that I keep at my desk all day, and I fill it up once in the morning and once after noon. Goes down easy!
  • ItsMeRebekah
    ItsMeRebekah Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    i get up every morning and have a bottle of water while getting ready for work.. then i sit at my desk and drink water all day... once i get off i made a goal of 3 bottles during the night. now its habit and i drink tons of water.. if i dont, i know it bc im so thirsty! once you make it a habit you will notice you crave it a lot
  • kitigonkukoo
    kitigonkukoo Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I have a 26 oz water bottle that I fill to the rim (so probably more like 34), refill it before work, take it with me- and make sure I drink and refill it 2 more times by the time I'm home after work.

If I go to the gym, I bring it too, and replenish the water I sweat out (usually 1 full bottle total there too)

Side note- a lot of time time, when you eat a meal that should fill you up, and you still feel hungry afterwards, you aren't ACTUALLY still hungry- you are THIRSTY! Your body can easily cross those signals, so if you ever feel hungry and wonder why you are feeling that way, try a glass of water before reaching for a snack.
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    I'm addicted to it. I learned how to drink mass quantities when I was on weight watchers many years ago and never gave it up. I drink close to 100 - 120 oz per day easily. It takes about a week to get used to drinking that much, but the more you drink the more you crave it.