Options

Replies

• swt0pie
    swt0pie Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Just finished studying and looking for a job
  • FeliciaNicole86
    Options
    I work for a Slot machine manufacturer, however I sit down for most of my day and it seriously took a toll on my weight gain. I am now looking for reasons to get up and move:0
  • LosingMyMarbles
    LosingMyMarbles Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I am a stay-at-home-mom to a 3 year old boy. I am also a Lindt Chocolate RSVP Independent Consultant.
  • RealWomenLovePitbulls
    RealWomenLovePitbulls Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    i work in a nursing home, i don't count those calories burned because i have been doing it for so long, my body is used to it and i think the normal calories we burn on a daily basis are included in the base amount that we eat
  • hlw5112
    hlw5112 Posts: 33
    Options
    I'm a student, so the only exercise I get besides the gym is walking between classes. xD
  • supahstar71
    supahstar71 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    <--- Psychologist. You would think listening to people's problems would burn more calories. I may have to start doing jumping jacks in session. Shouldn't be too much of a distraction.
  • russdev
    russdev Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I work as a Quality Assurance Manager for a software company which is fancy title for guy who has to make sure we don't release buggy software..
  • tomp90x
    tomp90x Posts: 1
    Options
    US Army Combat Engineer for 9 years
  • nickyjl81
    nickyjl81 Posts: 66
    Options
    I'm a purchasing assistant for a pet healthcare manufacturer. I hate it.
  • Eupho
    Eupho Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I have two jobs:
    I work in Palliative Care .. (for 12 years now) 'Final Days Care' for people that want to die at home.

Last year I cut the days I work from 6/7 down to 3 .. and started a little Housekeeping Company.

I look after the houses of one particular *Boutique* agency .. (very swanky)
    The houses are small but BEAUTIFUL. .. and all in one tiny area, so really close for me to do...
    On an average month I do 40 -45 houses.
    The money is great (very overpaid for it really) .. I do that 2 days a week. (more free time was in my plan ;))

It burns between 500- 1300 cals in those mornings depends how busy I am.. (so thats a plus!!)

I read Chalene Johnson's 'PUSH' ... (and also did her 30 Day Challenge) .. Summer last year.. it helped me change my job, (and my life) and *get paid my worth*..
  • Eupho
    Eupho Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I work with social work dept in the reablement team where we go into elderly people's houses who are just out of hospital and help them get back to an independent life (new version of my old job homecare) :o)

That's great! :drinker:
  • Drop_it_Like_Its_Hawt
    Drop_it_Like_Its_Hawt Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Admin assistant for a fire department. My co-workers exercise like crazy (even when there's not rescues/fires to run to, they're actually required to be in the gym at least 1 hr a day), but since I handle the paperwork end of things, I'm basically sitting at a desk all day. I don't factor in my work as calorie-burning at all.
  • fatty_to_fitty
    fatty_to_fitty Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Test computer software from home. Not much activity here... :(

There's always a way to "test" workout software from home and become active :wink:

Swap the chair for a treadmill and walk all day!
  • MissySho
    MissySho Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I'm a wife, mom and grandma......enough said.
  • barbaracoffing
    barbaracoffing Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I'm a teacher....do a lot of running around, walking and on my feet. I'm thinking of getting a pedometer but not sure how that would factor in as number of steps or something?
  • chefsteff16
    Options
    I'm a pastry chef... i'm on my feet for 12-14 hours a day in my kitchen. I've always worked in the food industry so sitting at work has never been an option. Lifting things constantly and sweating my *kitten* off in front of an oven all day keeps me pretty active, but I still have to make it a point to workout at least 4 times a week to see any weight loss.
  • lk43m
    lk43m Posts: 12
    Options
    I'm a Professor and mother of three girls, all under 4 years :happy:
  • lk43m
    lk43m Posts: 12
    Options
    Great idea getting a pedometer. I've read you have to do 10,000 steps a day for health, you've inspired me to to get one too :happy:
  • djphranq
    djphranq Posts: 18
    Options
    I work for the Phone company.
  • icreate
    icreate Posts: 60
    Options
    I work for a phone company. I dont include office activity though i move around moderately climbing stairs to coordinate with coworkers. I include walking to and from office and actual running activity as my exercise. I do weight training but dont include it as well.