Ahhhhh! Just read a post that said.....

Options

Replies

• sagetracey
    sagetracey Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I remember a friend, newly diagnosed with diabetes, learning that over ripe bananas have a higher sugar content that normal or under ripe bananas. It mattered because he was diabetic. Not sure that it really matters for those of us pursuing a healthy lifestyle.

Enjoy you r bananas!
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Things that don't make you fat.

1. Sugar
    2. Carbs
    3. fats
    4. eating at or after a specific time.
    5. eating fructose
    6. eating lactose.
    7. eating high GI

The thing that makes you fat.
    1. Eating above your maintenance calories

Worth quoting again. Every day. Twice a day maybe.
  • KALMdown
    KALMdown Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Are you sure they weren't being sarcastic?

For what it's worth I have seen legitimate fear mongering over a banana and some corn.

Dead srs.

LOL I'm afraid she may have read my post that said "BAN BANANAS" in a totally sarcastic way. I forget that sarcasm is lost online. :ohwell:
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options

For what it's worth I have seen legitimate fear mongering over a banana and some corn.

Dead srs.

EDIT: In fact one of the banana bashers sent me a PM once to insult me. Totally unsolicited. I found out he was a Gary Taubes follower though and that's when I realized he obviously had mental issues so I didn't take offense.

This is the funniest thing I've heard today. Unsolicited banana bashing. LOL.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    One thing I know for sure is: there's a whole lot dumb, dumb, dumb advice on the MFP message boards. :laugh:
  • KALMdown
    Options

Dead srs.

EDIT: In fact one of the banana bashers sent me a PM once to insult me. Totally unsolicited. I found out he was a Gary Taubes follower though and that's when I realized he obviously had mental issues so I didn't take offense.

This is the funniest thing I've heard today. Unsolicited banana bashing. LOL.

Bananas get no respect.
  • new_blossom
    new_blossom Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    when you track your cals you can track your sugar intake too. I blend a half of nanna in a sugar free iced cappachino in the morning. Yummy!
  • ellen0831
    ellen0831 Posts: 3
    Options
    I sure didn't get to be overweight from eating bananas or any fruit! Just saying. Bananas are great. I make a shake for breakfast every morning with almond milk. Like the one post says... "stay within your calories for the day" Can't go wrong there! :happy:
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    pfffft. i also read a post that said EAT BACK ALL THE EXERCISE CALORIES. then one that said DON'T EAT THEM BACK, ARE YOU FKN CRAZY? then i read CARBS ARE THE DEVIL. and then CARBS ARE NECESSARY!

don't believe everything you read on the interwebz. even on mfp. even from me. probably especially from me.
  • Goose28in
    Goose28in Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I say eat the bananas. Most people don't get enough fruit as it is. If you don't eat the banana what are you replacing it with?
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    The sugar in bananas acts differently than the same sugar removed from the bananas in question (say juice). Or to say it another way: a calorie is a calorie, except when it isn't.

Whole fruits contain this wonderful thing called "pectin". . . .
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    No.

Stop believing things you read on the internet.

Unless it is this post, believe this post, eat your nanners and live the good life.:drinker:
  • Usakoneko
    Usakoneko Posts: 21
    Options
    Bananas come highly recommended by Doctor Who. What more do you need to convince you?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    If the Doctor recommends it, it CAN'T be wrong! XD
  • new_blossom
    new_blossom Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I have never seen a really over weighted monkey
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options

LOL
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Bananas make me happy.
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    Bananas come highly recommended by Doctor Who. What more do you need to convince you?

ditto! If reccomended by The Doctor, they are fine. Lol. Sorry...my geeky side is showing. But really, it is only fruit and very healthy for you.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    I trust Dr Who over Dr Oz...
  • KALMdown
    Options

Sorry I took that as a challenge. :)

http://monkeyspictures.net/fat-monkey.jpg
  • Cold_Steel
    Cold_Steel Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Things that don't make you fat.

1. Sugar
    2. Carbs
    3. fats
    4. eating at or after a specific time.
    5. eating fructose
    6. eating lactose.
    7. eating high GI

The thing that makes you fat.
    1. Eating above your maintenance calories

And the heavens smiled down favorably on us all with the glory of this epic quote.

I eat them all the time, I am pretty sure If I didnt though I would have lost like what...155lbs in a a year ?