Ahhhhh! Just read a post that said.....

Options

Replies

• gauchogirl
    gauchogirl Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    The avocado is also high in awesome, healthy fat. win-win.
    Bananas have a ton of sugar and most bananas are 2 servings unless really small. Definitely not for low carbers or for diabetics, PCOS, Insulin resistance.

BTW - You can get more potassium, more fiber and a ton less sugars with an avocado. Bananas are not even in the top 10 for potassium rich foods. Just an FYI.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Healthy lifestyle?

My grandmother ate a banana every day that I knew her and she lived to be 97 and was never overweight. I love bananas and I'm not going to eat half of one because the other half would be gross by the time it got eaten. So I say that bananas are part of a healthy nutrition program.
  • Cold_Steel
    Cold_Steel Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    I enjoy bananas because they are one of the few fruits that I feel full after eating one.. I can eat several apples / peaches / pineapple- cherries, strawberries etc and not feel full one banana and I am content for like an hour
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    I have never seen a really over weighted monkey

Sorry I took that as a challenge. :)

http://monkeyspictures.net/fat-monkey.jpg

The sad part is the anti-banana insulinophobes will probably just paste this picture as their argument from now on. It beats the other nonsense they were saying.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    I have never seen a really over weighted monkey

Sorry I took that as a challenge. :)

fat-monkey.jpg

I think this monkey has a banana addiction.
  • Sidesteal
    Options
    Healthy lifestyle?

My grandmother ate a banana every day that I knew her and she lived to be 97 and was never overweight. I love bananas and I'm not going to eat half of one because the other half would be gross by the time it got eaten. So I say that bananas are part of a healthy nutrition program.

I disagree because this http://monkeyspictures.net/fat-monkey.jpg

EDIT: I'm just trying my new strategy to see if it works.
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    f no! some think that the fruit sugar is the same as granulated, so no t true! i eat one almost every damn day an ive lost over 30 lbs!
  • Sidesteal
    Options
    2e160oy.jpg
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    When people start giving bogus reasons to exclude fruit, you know you are dealing with a fool.
    The next detrimental element of a failed program will be oxygen.
    Ignore them :yawn:
  • deadgirl81
    deadgirl81 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    My Dad is diabetic, and makes himself a fruit salad most days - always includes banana's - so I would say the sugars in it aren't that bad, if an type 2 diabetic has them and doesnt worry about it or the sugars in other fruits - better for him to have those sort of things than a tub of ice cream or a bar of chocolate!
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    Things that don't make you fat.

1. Sugar
    2. Carbs
    3. fats
    4. eating at or after a specific time.
    5. eating fructose
    6. eating lactose.
    7. eating high GI

The thing that makes you fat.
    1. Eating above your maintenance calories
    ^^^^^^^^^
    THIS
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    2e160oy.jpg

This guy looks like he's been eating from people's garbage cans.
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    Everyone knows bananas don't make you fat.... Apples do
  • KALMdown
    KALMdown Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    2e160oy.jpg

I KNEW IT!!!
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    2e160oy.jpg

This monkey has not logged in for one month, he may need some encouragement.
  • susiebear29
    susiebear29 Posts: 266
    Options
    Lol, I don't understand why there is a banana police brigade on here. Bananas are fine. They're delicious and cheap and available everywhere. Ignore the banana police.

ETA: Especially, try a banana with peanut butter. You will be happy you did! :bigsmile:

ha ha THIS EXACTLY!!! :smile:
  • demelza123
    demelza123 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Now why would you bring apples into the conversation .... nothing like a cool, crispy apple to make you a happy person. Well me anyways. And in regards to banana's .... really ..... enjoy what was put on this earth - to much worrying isn't good for your health. As Oraph says ' what do you know for sure?" My response - Banana's don't make you fat!
  • sumeetn
    sumeetn Posts: 56
    Options
    Refined sugar and fruit sugar work slightly different ways, as long as your refined sugar intake is nil or very low go ahead do it, unless your doctor says otherwise for any medical reasons
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    My Dad is diabetic, and makes himself a fruit salad most days
    You think this is a good thing ?
  • Shajadea
    Shajadea Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    "Dang man, How did you get to be 400lbs?"

"Oh, eating a few banana's everyday. And corn."

(No one ever said!)