Shooting @ Batman Movie Premeire

Options

Replies

• 10acity
    10acity Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Lets just hope that the guy that did it burns in hell for all eternity.

I don't hope that for anyone... ;(
  • lesita75
    lesita75 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Such a mindless act of violence and disregard for life. I am truly diguested by this. I will never fathom why some people think they have the right to take the lives of others. Especially the lives of strangers who did nothing to them.
  • HunterKiller_wechange
    HunterKiller_wechange Posts: 369 Member
    Options

Even if it was one of your family that was shot? Not looking for an arguement just wondered. :)
  • DiannaMoorer
    DiannaMoorer Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    This is undoubtedly sad.

The question we would ask in England is how did he get kevlar helmet, kevlar vest, assault rifle, and a hand gun - but our attitude to guns is very different

Came here to write this, from Canada, it shouldn't be a shock to a lot of people this happened. When someone can buy these things and have them in their house, it's bound to happen! Just takes one crazy guy, this had nothing to do with the actual movie...

It's the crazy guy's fault, not the fact that guns are legal here.

Agree. It's the crazy guys fault!!!!
  • tmanfromtexas
    tmanfromtexas Posts: 928 Member
    Options

I bet if your kid, husband, father or mother were one of the dead, you might change your mind. Or not, I dont know but in my opinion there is a special place in hell for people that do this and God, I am sure, will make sure he gets there.
  • NamibianRose
    NamibianRose Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    CNN is now reporting that the theater's back door was propped open. I need to stop reading the reports, I just started crying at work reading the last one with more witness accounts.
  • carrieo888
    carrieo888 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Why do so many people in the world suck?
    Percentage-wise, there really aren't that many people in the world who "suck." But they're the ones the media feed off of. No one wants to read about a nice housewife successfully making dinner and tucking her kids in with a good bedtime story. That's not newsworthy. There will now be a feeding frenzy as we find out every detail of this guy's life, thus immortalizing him - which is likely what he wanted. It sickens me further that comparisons to the Columbine massacre are already being made - tearing off that scab again and throwing about the names of those shooters (continuing their immortalization).
  • moosegt35
    moosegt35 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    This is undoubtedly sad.

The question we would ask in England is how did he get kevlar helmet, kevlar vest, assault rifle, and a hand gun - but our attitude to guns is very different

Came here to write this, from Canada, it shouldn't be a shock to a lot of people this happened. When someone can buy these things and have them in their house, it's bound to happen! Just takes one crazy guy, this had nothing to do with the actual movie...

I would be willing to bet you my house against a 5 dollar bill that the guns were not obtained legally. People always bring up gun laws like they actually help prevent these issues. Criminals will have/get guns if they are legal or not. Cocaine has been illegal for years and coke heads still get their hands on plenty of it.
  • moosegt35
    moosegt35 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    If you haven't heard what happened, here's how it went down.

The shooter (24), who was wearing a gas mask, kevlar helmet, kevlar vest, and black tactical gear, kicked in the emergency exit door to Cinema 9, exploded tear gas into the crowd, then opened fire. 14 people are dead, 50 more are injured. Suspect was found in his car near the theater, where he had a gas mask, assault rifle, and a hand gun.

That's the skinny of it.

I'm interested to know WHY he did it.

This is undoubtedly sad.

More than that, I'd like to know how he smuggled all of these things through the door, past the ticket agent, etc etc without anyone suspecting something was off ?

He didn't, he kicked in the emergency door
  • aj_31
    aj_31 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Do you think movie theaters across the country will change anything now that this has happened? Do you think they'll send employees in to check the exit doors or maybe monitor the outside of their buildings better? I know the next time I go to a movie this will be all I think about and I'll have a hard time enjoying the movie playing.
  • NamibianRose
    Options
    I just learned that one of the people killed in this tragedy was a survivor of the Toronto Mall shooting. She's the only publicly known victim so far. Here is her blog post about the Toronto shooting she wrote just a few weeks ago. http://jessicaredfield.wordpress.com/

How very, very sad!
  • NamibianRose
    Options
    Do you think movie theaters across the country will change anything now that this has happened? Do you think they'll send employees in to check the exit doors or maybe monitor the outside of their buildings better? I know the next time I go to a movie this will be all I think about and I'll have a hard time enjoying the movie playing.

I'm not sure but my brother is suppose to see it today or tomorrow and he said in his city cops are going to be at the theaters.
  • aj_31
    Options
    I just learned that one of the people killed in this tragedy was a survivor of the Toronto Mall shooting. She's the only publicly known victim so far. Here is her blog post about the Toronto shooting she wrote just a few weeks ago. http://jessicaredfield.wordpress.com/

How very, very sad!

Wow that is so creepy. How in the world did she miss one attack to only be hit by the next. Scary!
  • NamibianRose
    Options

How very, very sad!

Wow that is so creepy. How in the world did she miss one attack to only be hit by the next. Scary!

You know what's even creepier! Someone sent me a link to a tweet she sent out the day of the Toronto Mall shooting, she said there was a man dressed as batman at the mall shouting "My parents are dead" and charging tourists to take photos with him. My mind is just so blown and it is just too sad to fathom. She also tweeted that she had to 'coerce' her boyfriend to go to that showing. The boyfriend survived. I am praying for everyone affected by this. This sort of thing is just happening more and more often and it's so disheartening.
  • aj_31
    Options

How very, very sad!

You know what's even creepier! Someone sent me a link to a tweet she sent out the day of the Toronto Mall shooting, she said there was a man dressed as batman at the mall shouting "My parents are dead" and charging tourists to take photos with him. My mind is just so blown and it is just too sad to fathom. She also tweeted that she had to 'coerce' her boyfriend to go to that showing. The boyfriend survived. I am praying for everyone affected by this. This sort of thing is just happening more and more often and it's so disheartening.

You have got to be kidding me. This reminds me of that one movie where the kid can see the death coming - changes his route or plan and ends up dying anyways. This makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.
  • miguelrunner
    miguelrunner Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    #1 on everyone's list should be PRAYERS for the families and everyone involved (including the shooter).

#2: gun control isn't the issue, just as we don't ban cars and driving because drunks across the country kill people.. Whoever wants to hurt people WILL FIND A WAY. The war is on the inside, spiritually and psychologically.

We're going to hear about this shooting for weeks to come, as someone already mentioned. Doesn't change the fact that families lost loved ones. Still, news stations will try to 1-up each other all the time selling advertising for the almighty $$$.

Theaters WILL change, just watch. No more costumes, more vigilant security, etc.

Finally, I know *I* would have been caught off-guard on this one... The smoke, the outfit he wore all would play (in my mind) that it was part of the movie.
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    If he came through an emergency exit door someone had to have opened it for him. You can't open those from the outside. I know the police have not mentioned an accomplice, but I would have to look long and hard at how else he got in. Especially if it was timed to coincide with a shooting scene. This movie has not been out so how would he know the exact time to enter? Perhaps a theater employee who got to screen the movie to make sure it worked?

He kicked the emergency exit door in
  • Calif_Girl67
    Calif_Girl67 Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    My Sister-in-laws Nephew was shot at this movie theatre last night, The bullet entered below the left ear lobe and exited behind the head at the hair line, they said a few inches over he would of been dead or had serious injuries. Very lucky kid that just graduated from HS and has a Football scholorship to a college.Very scary for all involved!!! Going to the movies will never be the same.
  • emmy3111
    emmy3111 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Heard about this first thing this morning... so incredibly sad for the families of those that have been injured and killed. :(

Truly don't understand what would make someone do something so horrific.
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    There really are no words for this .... heartbreaking, just heartbreaking. I've been sick to my stomach all day.