Shooting @ Batman Movie Premeire

Options

Replies

• ZiezieO
    ZiezieO Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Why did people have their children in such a violent movie?

Not that it makes the crime any +/- but there were so many things wrong happening there.

Prayers!
  • peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Yeah... this is pretty sickening and frankly, terrifying. I have been to many midnight movies. Can't even imagine being a parent saying goodbye to their child as they go off to the theater with their friends, maybe worrying a bit about them driving late at night, but the next time they see their kid is the aftermath of this.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    This is undoubtedly sad.

The question we would ask in England is how did he get kevlar helmet, kevlar vest, assault rifle, and a hand gun - but our attitude to guns is very different

Came here to write this, from Canada, it shouldn't be a shock to a lot of people this happened. When someone can buy these things and have them in their house, it's bound to happen! Just takes one crazy guy, this had nothing to do with the actual movie...

I would be willing to bet you my house against a 5 dollar bill that the guns were not obtained legally. People always bring up gun laws like they actually help prevent these issues. Criminals will have/get guns if they are legal or not. Cocaine has been illegal for years and coke heads still get their hands on plenty of it.

When can I move into my mew house? The NewYork Times is reporting that all the weapons and clips had been legally purchased. The large clips had not been legal prior to 2004, but the ban on assault rifles expired.
  • Michellerawrrr
    Michellerawrrr Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Such an unbelievable tragedy, truly heart-breaking. Prayers for the lost and injured souls.
  • shrinkingsami
    shrinkingsami Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm from Colorado.
    Gunmen, bought a ticket
    sat down for a minutes in the theater
    went to a side door propped it open
    moved his car to the back of the building
    suited up
    walked back in threw tear gas and begin shooting
    in theater 9 where the shooting started, it was in a serious talking part of the movie
    in theater 8 where bullets went throw walls, it was a shooting scene
    Gun also walked up and down the isle shooting random
    Police were on scene with in 1.5 minutes, station was less then a mile away
    Police found suspect at his car, suspect surrendered with no issue
    Suspect told police, his apartment is booby trapped
    Police go to the apartment, apartment is fully loaded with bombs and a main trigger.
    Police are waiting tell morning for more feds.
    Suspect is not speaking to anyone, about this.
    Suspect was a medical student at the hospital down the street..

12 people died, 10 at the theater, 2 at the hospital. 78 people were injured.
  • d4rkn3ss06
    d4rkn3ss06 Posts: 57
    Options
    If he came through an emergency exit door someone had to have opened it for him. You can't open those from the outside. I know the police have not mentioned an accomplice, but I would have to look long and hard at how else he got in. Especially if it was timed to coincide with a shooting scene. This movie has not been out so how would he know the exact time to enter? Perhaps a theater employee who got to screen the movie to make sure it worked?

He kicked the emergency exit door in

he didnt have an accomplice he bought a ticket and went into the theater like every one else. When the movie started he walked out the exit and left it prompt open so he can enter through there the went to his car to get all his gear (bullet proof stuff and guns and ect) and barged in through the exit he left open and released the gas and started shooting.
  • ChcolateLady11
    Options
    Very sorry for the loss of life. For the families :-((
  • ZoeyRobinson
    ZoeyRobinson Posts: 301
    Options
    It is horrible and I cannot even fathom what these poor people are going through. However, I cannot stop asking myself why there were 3 month and 4 month old babies in a movie theater after midnight?
  • bbaker172
    bbaker172 Posts: 93
    Options
    My prayers go out to everyone, the victims, their family . friends and the rest of us who will never feel safe doing anything. We will all look at everyone and think "is this someone who's going to kill us' etc.

My prayers go out to all of you. Because innocence is lost for us, yet again.
  • jerbear1962
    jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    I feel if you want to go out and kill someone, just take that gun and shoot yourself. It's just so sad
  • LisaJ2904
    LisaJ2904 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Heartbraking, prayers for all xx
  • BVannillie
    BVannillie Posts: 140
    Options
    I love how people are saying gun control isn't an issue. I'm sorry but how many guns and how much equipment did he have? It was probably very easy for him to get hold of all that crap, and you don;t think that's a problem? Ridiculous! No, not everyone who has a gun is a psycho, but making it easy for psychos to get guns isn't good.
  • erinlea75
    erinlea75 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    It is horrible and I cannot even fathom what these poor people are going through. However, I cannot stop asking myself why there were 3 month and 4 month old babies in a movie theater after midnight?

It's not the infants that bother me. I've taken a couple of my kids to movies when they were that young. I timed it around naps and if they woke up I just nursed them back to sleep. It's the 4 and 6 year olds that are disturbing. It's late. It's a violent movie. It's no place for kids that age.
  • devl110
    devl110 Posts: 32
    Options
    say on tv i think he wanted to be famouse thats why he smiled in his mug shoot!
  • shrinkingsami
    shrinkingsami Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    he "smiled" because he claims to be the joker and we all know the joker has a **** eating grin on his face
  • motherbetty
    motherbetty Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    All involved are in my thoughts and prayers.
  • Onemoodycuss
    Onemoodycuss Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    This is undoubtedly sad.

The question we would ask in England is how did he get kevlar helmet, kevlar vest, assault rifle, and a hand gun - but our attitude to guns is very different

Came here to write this, from Canada, it shouldn't be a shock to a lot of people this happened. When someone can buy these things and have them in their house, it's bound to happen! Just takes one crazy guy, this had nothing to do with the actual movie...

It's the crazy guy's fault, not the fact that guns are legal here.

Agree!!! This is a horrible tragedy and if the man wanted to kill those people he would have found a way to do it, gun or not. Tragedies like this always bring out the anti-gun people who try to turn a tragedy into a political move. :explode:

When things like this happen the tragedy isn't only the loss of life but all the "anti" people that come out and try to politicize it but still get nowhere on the issue. The anti-gun, anti-music, anti-video game, anti-movie lot always come out. To think any one thing is responsible is just naive. It's just as naive to think any one of these things is not a factor. Admittedly, it's not the legality of guns but the crazy guy that's to blame, but the fact of the matter is that knives can be gotten at the supermarket. Bats and golf clubs can be obtained at a sport goods store. How hard does one have to look to get a brick? But more often than not these crazy ****s go for the guns to do the most and maximum amount of damage. Gun control needs to be discussed. Yes, I understand the right to protect your home and all that, and I even agree. But where do you live when you need an assault rifle and body armor to defend your home?
  • miguelrunner
    miguelrunner Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I love how people are saying gun control isn't an issue. I'm sorry but how many guns and how much equipment did he have? It was probably very easy for him to get hold of all that crap, and you don;t think that's a problem? Ridiculous! No, not everyone who has a gun is a psycho, but making it easy for psychos to get guns isn't good.
    You're right. We should scrutinize EVERY person that wants to buy a gun, no exceptions. We should also scrutinize anyone that wants to buy a car as well, no exceptions. Also, anyone that wants to buy a beer should go through rigorous psycho evaluation. Can you imagine what *could* happen if someone drank and drove?? The consequences could be disastrous!

Food for thought: how may "shootings" happen at gun practice ranges, where EVERYONE has a gun??
  • now_or_never12
    now_or_never12 Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    This is undoubtedly sad.

I would be willing to bet you my house against a 5 dollar bill that the guns were not obtained legally. People always bring up gun laws like they actually help prevent these issues. Criminals will have/get guns if they are legal or not. Cocaine has been illegal for years and coke heads still get their hands on plenty of it.

When can I move into my mew house? The NewYork Times is reporting that all the weapons and clips had been legally purchased. The large clips had not been legal prior to 2004, but the ban on assault rifles expired.

Yup, all the weapons were legally obtained. Whether they are obtained legally or not if someone wants a gun they are going to get one. Not sure if it's the same in the US however here in Canada they have Police/Security personel stores. You can go in and purchase vests, uniforms, etc etc. They do take your name and information and check ID however all the stuff is easily attainable which is scary.

Still unclear as to why he did what he did but he had some sort of plan. He had his apartment boobytrapped in case he didn't make it to Police custody alive . . . any officer that entered his apartment would of also died due to the explosives.

VERY sad situation. We recently had a large shooting here in Ontario (Toronto... only a month after the Eaton Centre Shooting).
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options

#2: gun control isn't the issue, just as we don't ban cars and driving because drunks across the country kill people.. Whoever wants to hurt people WILL FIND A WAY. The war is on the inside, spiritually and psychologically.

I don't agree. People may still find a way, but guns make that way so so so much easier. Look at the Norway shootings last summer. Gun control may not solve the problem, but it would make it much harder to kill so many so quickly.