Spinach - what to do with?

Options

Replies

• tomusiakl
    tomusiakl Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Yep. Freeze and use in smoothie. Just add a banana top it and the smoothie will be just right.
  • lori8431
    lori8431 Posts: 68
    Options
    Beach Bum Spinach salad is excellent. I also just dice boiled eggs in with 2 cups of spinach with either olive oil or Hidden Valleys dijon mustard salad dressing. I even diced half banana in this fruit salad and believe it or not..YUMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!..Sorry fruit salad made with strawberries, mandarin oranges, spinach, green onion, cucumber and marketside raspberry vinaigrette.
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Spinach in salads

Eggs Florentine.

Spinach Artichoke dip (with the non-fat cheeses)

On sandwiches instead of lettuce

Pesto (Basil + Spinach, arugula is good for this too)

just google spinach recipes and have fun!
  • tuffytuffy1
    tuffytuffy1 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I make a spinach salad:

Baby spinach
    Sliced red onion
    Grated egg
    Crumbled bacon
    Red wine vinegar
    Olive oil
    salt
    pepper
    pinch of sugar

Delicious!
  • samlawali
    samlawali Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    i make a spinich and cottage cheese canneloni, its one of my favourite meals. i make up a big batch (6 portions) eat 1 and freeze the others so have handy meals to put in the microwave. let me know if you want the recipe :-)

oooooo - Can I have the recipe! I love me some spinach and anything closely related to Italian food is right up my alley. Would love to see your version! Thanks.
  • sunshine_gem
    sunshine_gem Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    i make a spinich and cottage cheese canneloni, its one of my favourite meals. i make up a big batch (6 portions) eat 1 and freeze the others so have handy meals to put in the microwave. let me know if you want the recipe :-)

oooooo - Can I have the recipe! I love me some spinach and anything closely related to Italian food is right up my alley. Would love to see your version! Thanks.

Ditto! I've been trying to find things to do with cottage cheese other than just eat it out of the tub and this sounds delicious!
  • Lainnee
    Lainnee Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Save these pearls of wisdom!
  • mommymeesh
    mommymeesh Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Sautee in a tsp. of olive oil, add minced garlic and a small amount of parmesan cheese.....delish!
  • saustin201
    saustin201 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Spinach salad with strawberries, almonds, cherries and vinagrette (sp?) is delish and packed with vitamins and minerals.
  • LMBalfour
    LMBalfour Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Can I have the recipe?! This sounds good. :)
  • LMBalfour
    LMBalfour Posts: 14 Member
    Options

Can I have the recipe?! This sounds good. :)
  • shirley_beans
    shirley_beans Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I combine it with ricotta cheese when I make stuffed shells, baked ziti, lasagna, etc. Another thing I do a lot is use it in echilladas.
  • kjw1031
    kjw1031 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Bumping to read recipes later.

If no one has suggested it, get a big "Green Box" to keep spinach fresh. I've had mine for a while and they work great, but I don't know if they're hard to find now?

I put a paper towel in the bottom and empty a big container of fresh spinach into it. It keeps it fresh for weeks.
  • StillChangingAmie
    Options
    spinach, fat free ricotta, part skim mozzarella, garlic and basil stuffed inside rolled up strips of eggplant, covered with tomato sauce and baked.

mmmm ^-^
  • honestykay
    honestykay Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Bump for all these great recipes. WoW. Thanks. I love spinach in white pizza. My Favorite!!
  • jojorocksforeva
    jojorocksforeva Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Spinach is amazing its my favorite its nutritious Its very low in calorie you can do actually a lot of stuff with it from salads to soups to anything you want put it on some homemade good for you pizza lol i usually have it raw with something .
  • Tdk4685
    Tdk4685 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    mix it up in scrambled eggs and cheese.
  • tappae
    tappae Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I like to saute it with a little garlic and then sprinkle lemon juice and ground cayenne on it. The whole bag cooks down pretty small and it's super tasty, especially with chapati.
  • sarahmichelexo
    sarahmichelexo Posts: 42 Member
    Options

I would LOVE the recipe!
  • joconnor09
    Options
    I put spinach in lasagna. It's a great way to add some color and some vegetables- and you honestly can't even taste it! (good for kids...) I recommend frozen because it cooks up better, but I've made it with fresh before and it tastes great too. Just be prepared for the first couple pieces of lasagna to leave a bit of a puddle in your lasagna pan from the water cooking out. Again, no real taste difference, and after those first couple pieces (and scooping out the water) I had no problems with it.