Over 200 Club Back to School (open group)

Options

Replies

• lstpaul
    lstpaul Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    I'm at 235.8 this morning, which is up 1.2:grumble: ... I guess not surprising since I haven't been able to work out all week until today (just went for an hour walk with a friend :happy: ). Maybe the scale will be kinder in the morning after I get back to the Y for a workout.
  • Momma2four
    Momma2four Posts: 1,534
    Options
    Still waiting on andrea, see what she posts her weight loss to be. Right now jlb123 is in the lead. Great job jlb123!!!!!

lstpaul, bump in the road. Move on! You are making great strides. Being sick this week is that bump in the road. Now your feeling better and you can move on toward your goal. :flowerforyou:
  • andreasoulcastle
    andreasoulcastle Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    no weight loss, or gain
  • snowflakes
    snowflakes Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Down one pound:happy:
  • healthyjourney
    Options
    I'm the same, when I pass my mirror, from the front I appear smaller that my backside. Seems like all my weight or most of it is on my buttocks,
  • mscocoa30
    mscocoa30 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Sorry, hope I'm not too late with posting my weigh in. I'm down exactly 2 lbs from 234.1 to 332.1.
  • Momma2four
    Options
    Hey Girls, how are you all this morning.

Here is the site to check your percentage. I think jlb123 has the highest percentage. But check it out and see. Who ever has the highest percent picks this weeks challenge

http://menshealth.about.com/library/blpercentage.htm
  • andreasoulcastle
    Options
    I need to try to put more of an effort to get out and exercise....and realizing that I don't need to go to the gym I can take walks around my house.
  • mscocoa30
    mscocoa30 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! This week I managed to lose 2 pounds. Then towards the end of the week I would lose a pound then gain it back. I went up and down one pound all this week. Finally today I got on the scale and it went down some more. At the start of the week I was 234.1. Now I am at 231.9. That's 2.2 pounds! Anyway, a pound or two may not seem like a lot to some people but it sure feels like a victory to me. I know a lot of y'all know what I am talking about. YEAH. It feels good when you work hard and it happens, even if it is a fraction of a pound. LOL
  • Momma2four
    Options
    Hi everyone! This week I managed to lose 2 pounds. Then towards the end of the week I would lose a pound then gain it back. I went up and down one pound all this week. Finally today I got on the scale and it went down some more. At the start of the week I was 234.1. Now I am at 231.9. That's 2.2 pounds! Anyway, a pound or two may not seem like a lot to some people but it sure feels like a victory to me. I know a lot of y'all know what I am talking about. YEAH. It feels good when you work hard and it happens, even if it is a fraction of a pound. LOL

Congrats!!!! Every pound is exciting. As long as they are coming off. I am so excited for you.
  • Momma2four
    Options
    Okay, again I have done soooooooooooooooooooooo bad this weekend. I have lost my mind. Every weekend I am out of control. Week days, I am doing great. Yesterday I was over on my calories but I walked for 2 hours. Today I have been lazy and I have pigged out. Literally Pigged out. This can't be good. I have to get back in control. My husband has a Christmas party coming. The outfit is 1 size to small I would really like to lose the weight so I will look decent in this outfit......
  • andreasoulcastle
    Options
    OK personal goal, to get down 15 pounds by Christmas...so that is 223. I think this would get me into my size 18 pants!

Excited to start...not excited to turn down all the pies , breads, cookies, cakes, cocktails this holiday season.
  • lstpaul
    Options
    Momma2four: I had a really bad day yesterday too ... ate a couple of DAYS worth of calories, and no exercise! Feeling sorry for myself! :explode: Aargh! Let's get back on track today.
  • snowflakes
    Options

Oh happy day!!! Way to go:flowerforyou:
  • snowflakes
    Options
    OK personal goal, to get down 15 pounds by Christmas...so that is 223. I think this would get me into my size 18 pants!

Excited to start...not excited to turn down all the pies , breads, cookies, cakes, cocktails this holiday season.

Sounds like a great goal. My vise is warm bread or warm cookies out of the oven. The calorie counter shows me that 3 of my favorite cookies are 600 calories. :noway: :noway: YIKES! I'm with you to make it through the holidays.
  • Momma2four
    Options
    mmmm warm bread or cookies!

andrea, 15 pounds is a great goal.

lstpaul, yes we can get back on track today and I have. Could have drank more water but the day is not over. Did not eat great, but I am staying within my calories so I will take it for now.

See ya all later
  • snowflakes
    Options
    HI!
    It is my hope that this group will check in daily to give support. Today I am HUNGRY... I woke up hungry, had two pieces of french toast, and now I want breakfast again. Many days haven't been this hard but today:grumble:
    I really want to stick with this. I know it will be worth it. self talk self talk:laugh:
    Is there a weekly challange that I missed?
  • lstpaul
    Options
    checking in:
    calories - bad again :angry: ... I've resurrected some bad snacking eating habits
    water - didn't do well all day yesterday with drinking my water, but drank a lot at night to almost meet my goal
    exercise - none yesterday ... I'll do well tonight though with 90 minutes at the Y.:happy:
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    Sorry I have been MIA. Work is still crazy but I'm taking a minute of my lunch break to post.

This may not be a hard challenge for you all, but my challenge this week is NO fast food. It's hard for me because I'm travelling so much with work and if I challenge myself to no fast food whatsoever, it's easier for me to say no.

I can normally go for weeks at a time with no fast food with no problem -- I normally don't even miss it, but last week and this week have been ridiculous and although I'm making decent decisions about what I order, I know I could bring something healthier along with me so I'm not tempted to stop anymore. So, NO FAST FOOD.

And my personal challenge for the rest of the week is to exercise at least 60 minutes each day through Friday and log every thing that passes my lips. I'm working 13+ hours each day this week and I've discovered it's really easy for me to talk myself out of exercising & logging after a long day at work. Ugh, I can't wait to get back to my normal work schedule in November. It's so funny that a normal 50 hour work week seems like a vacation after a few 65+ hour work weeks. IEverything really is relative, I guess.

We can do this! :drinker:
  • Momma2four
    Options
    HI!
    It is my hope that this group will check in daily to give support. Today I am HUNGRY... I woke up hungry, had two pieces of french toast, and now I want breakfast again. Many days haven't been this hard but today:grumble:
    I really want to stick with this. I know it will be worth it. self talk self talk:laugh:
    Is there a weekly challange that I missed?

We do check in with support. I understand what you are going through. You are right though if you stick it out you will be so proud. I too am having a rough day, it is rainy and really windy. I can't get out to exercise and all I want to do is eat, eat, eat. We can overcome this though. Have a small snack. Also tell your self that you are worth this battle. You are worth being healthy. You deserve it. You deserve to be comfortable. You can do this. We can do this. :flowerforyou: