Are you trying to hit your goal weight by a specific date?

Options
I'm trying to meet my goal by my 22nd birthday, which is November 9 :) that's 16 weeks away I'm hoping to lose about 15 more pounds.

Replies

• TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    No timeframe, no goal weight, when jiggly things that shouldn't jiggle don't then I am there.
  • AliciaCharmaine
    Options
    I would like to hit my goal weight by May 31, 2013. My son graduates the first week in June and I want to be a better version of myself.
  • emnk5308
    emnk5308 Posts: 736
    Options
    I'd like to be at my goal by Dec 16 =) My 21st birthday! 40 lbs, 5 months.... =)
  • KuroNyankoSensei
    KuroNyankoSensei Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    My sister is getting married in May of next year, and I have to be a bridesmaid XP . . .
  • Ayeshat
    Ayeshat Posts: 209
    Options
    thats great that you set yourself a reasonable goal to achieve in a healthy way (I Ib a week 'they' say) I think you'll do great! good luck.. where my downfall came was always in preparation for a specific event.. like a ticking time bomb lol. For me it was just better to think in terms of food (what i want to stop and start eating more of) and exercise (dash amounts of times a week).
  • Altarian
    Altarian Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Need to hit mine by October 10th. Not sure what will happen if i don't get to mine since i need to lose the weight for a D.O.T physical for my current job.
  • CRody44
    CRody44 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Before I die.
  • MsDivineM
    MsDivineM Posts: 48
    Options
    My goal is 100 pounds more by Christmas 2013, which is my 40th birthday! I will then be smaller then I was in high school!
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    I was worried about it at first but now I measure my success by my performance and haven't weighed myself in a long time.
  • KatKatatrophic
    KatKatatrophic Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Lose remaining 6 ( I might go up to 10 ) pounds by August 15th.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    When I first started out, I started a 12 week program and somewhat arbitrarily said that I will lose 20 lbs by the end of the 12 weeks. I also made other goals which were not weight related.

As long as the goal(s) are realistic and healthy nothing wrong with it. Just don't use it as an excuse to do extreme things just to hit the target by the date. Also, consider setting goals that are not driven by scale weight. That's a very crude indicator of progress.
  • tarabatton
    tarabatton Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I have a few goals....My first is to loose another 15.5 by Aug 31 for Vegas and my next is to be at 83 lbs lost total by March of 2013 for my wedding. I am going to readjust my goals again next March.
  • lode_1
    lode_1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping to lose at lease 5kgs by the 7th of Nov (21st bday)
  • lode_1
    lode_1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping to lose at least 5kgs by the 7th of Nov (21st bday)
  • mgs68pony
    mgs68pony Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    The only goals I am really setting for myself now is clothes sizes. I have really decided (to a certain degree anyway) that I do NOT care what number shows up on the scale as long as I like the way I look and my clothes fit....then I don't care what my weight is. I and the good lord are the only ones who know what number is there. For me, this is about getting healthy, not skinny so the number is really irrelevant.
  • Spitbubblr
    Spitbubblr Posts: 54
    Options
    I would like to lose 25 pounds by the start of September, and overall lose it all by December, maybe early November.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    I didn't aim to hit it by a specific date, but I hit my goal on my 39th birthday. That was sweet. :happy:
  • Rockmyskinnyjeans
    Rockmyskinnyjeans Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Initially, I wanted to hit 140 by August 3rd, but it was unrealistic, given my metabolism issues. Now, I have no date and I just want everything in the right place more than I want to be a certain number :)
  • rbl1225
    rbl1225 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    YES I wish to lost all of it by the time I graduate which I think is stretching it a bit :/ that would be in April so it is possible! I have a little over 60 to lose. But being in school there are always a few set backs but that is life. If not by then I am aiming for next October my 21st birthday!
  • GeorgieLove708
    GeorgieLove708 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Not really. I would like to be healthy by my 10 year reunion. And that's 5 years away. Even if I only ever lost 1 pound a week and plateaued a lot that would still give me plenty of time as long as I stick with it.