Are you trying to hit your goal weight by a specific date?

Options

Replies

• 3LittleMonkeyMom
    Options
    I would like to be a size 8 by March 2013. Whatever I weigh...maybe even lower, I was happy at a 12/14 in my 20's but would like to be much smaller.
  • sexy_RN88
    sexy_RN88 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Ideally I'd like to be at my goal weight (or at least goal pant size) by May 1 of 2013. My husband and I are moving to a new state, so I want it to be a "clean slate" for me as far as health, appearance and confidence are concerned. Plus I'm pursuing my bachelor's in nursing, and I expect to start the program in the fall of 2013--I don't want to be an overweight, out-of-shape unhealthy nurse! I want my patients to be able to look at me and see that I follow my own advice and that I can take care of my physical and mental wellbeing.
  • cbevan1229
    cbevan1229 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Nope, no specific date. However long it takes is ok, as long as I continue to see progress.

I am, however, excited to know that I will be a leaner, sexier me when our 10th wedding anniversary rolls around August 24th. I won't be quite back to my wedding weight, but I'll lighter than I've been since the first year.
  • debrafm
    debrafm Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I have a few goal dates. I want to be at a specific weight by the day before my September vacation(about 20 lbs) and another specific weight by Thanksgiving (about 37 lbs)
  • PenelopeElisaMoreno
    Options
    I'm trying to lose another 60 lbs by the time my boyfriend and I move to California (end of Summer 2013) ... so I have to lose around 5lbs a month to meet my goal. Totally do-able huh?
  • Runner50266
    Options
    Yes 5 years ago LOL!! Seriously I will be happy if most of it is gone within the year.
  • SafioraLinnea
    SafioraLinnea Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    I set a time goal of 1lb of loss per week. I figure that since it took me several years to put the weight on, it should take me a long while to lose it too! My goal date should be in early January 2013. However, I am not going to kill myself to reach that goal. If it takes me until June 2013, that is perfectly fine with me too! All that matters is that I get there. I would adore the opportunity to be my goal weight by my college graduation in 2014 and I'm giving myself plenty of time to not only reach that goal, but MAINTAIN it!
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    First goal was to be 200# by December 31, 2012. I changed that to 230# since I've learned my body likes to play the gain-lost-gain-lost game every 2 weeks. I feel like I gave up on the 200# goal.

My original. long-term goal is 140# by January 1, 2014. I picked 140# because it's the highest weight deemed "normal and healthy" for my height according to those damned charts. No clue if I'll get there. I think I weighed that little when I was 7 or 8 y/o (33 years ago). What I'd like, and is my underlying motivation, is to be a low enough weight to not have to shop in the fat women stores.
  • JmeJinxx
    JmeJinxx Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I have about 65lbs more to lose and would like to accomplish that by the end of spring semester / mid-May 2013. I don't think it's attainable with the rate I'm going but at least 50 lost by then would be awesome!
  • fitpilatesqueen
    Options
    No timeframe, it will take as long as it has to.
  • gmpuggles
    gmpuggles Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    It wasn't necessarily my goal weight, but I did want to get under 200lbs before I turned 30...too bad that didn't happen last year. So I figured that would be a nice goal to get to when I turn 31 next month.
  • Josette89
    Josette89 Posts: 244
    Options
    I have been trying to get to 190 by August 3rd. That is the day that I'm going in for surgery and the surgeon didn't say that I needed to lose weight, all of the blood work came out good, but I want to lose this weight for myself and I know healing is easier and faster when you are not over weight. I am not quite at my goal yet, but I'm still trying. 14 days and seventeen more pounds to go. Even if I hit 200 0r 199 I will be so happy.
  • Kera885
    Kera885 Posts: 59
    Options
    I'm trying to lose 30 in the next two months before my 22nd birthday, it probably won't happen, but it's something to focus on for now.
  • freew67
    freew67 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    <~~~~~~~~ 1 year 100lbs which would be Aug 8th of this year. Unfor I wont make it to a year since I hit that goal on Mon. :)
  • Romans624
    Romans624 Posts: 822
    Options
    I have an approximate weight loss goal by mid-aug this year. After that I hope to reach goal weight by.. maybe April of next year hopefully at the latest. The end goal weight is somewhere from 130-150 lbs. We will see :)
  • Josette89
    Josette89 Posts: 244
    Options
    No timeframe, it will take as long as it has to.
    It's always easier to have a goal, because then you have a way to push yourself to do it and when it should get done by. If you just say, "well sometime next year" The next year will come and then you will say, "well, okay, sometime next year" it will not get done in a timely fashion. Then, you go on ten years later saying, "ugh, I should have done this twenty years ago".
  • beezlebubb
    beezlebubb Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I think not having a goal date will keep me going longer, because previously I would set a date.
    Then as that date got closer and closer, my goal would typically become less attainable because it was so close and I had so far to go. Then I would give up, fall "off the wagon" so it were, and restart a few months later when something else was coming up that I wanted to look good for.

At this point, I want to be healthy and fit for the rest of my life, so there's no need to set a date. I know I'll get there, and I will work hard to get there as soon as possible, but having a date would just crush me if I didn't meet it.
  • beezlebubb
    beezlebubb Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    <~~~~~~~~ 1 year 100lbs which would be Aug 8th of this year. Unfor I wont make it to a year since I hit that goal on Mon. :)

AWESOME JOB! If I could make this font bigger and a bright color I would! Thats amazing!!!
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    Set a goal of 50 lost by my 40th birthday-July 31, 2012-one pound to go!
  • braign
    braign Posts: 89
    Options
    My New Year's Resolution was to lose 30lbs this year, and I'm on track/ahead of my goal right now so who knows! Maybe I'll exceed my goal and lose 40 this year, wouldn't that be awesome!? Thinking about standing on the scale at midnight on New Year's Eve being 160 or below would be mindblowing for me!