anyone using unsweetened almond milk?

Options
124»

Replies

• DivaMoe40
    DivaMoe40 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    how do you get your almond milk stuff to taste good?

I too made smoothies with almond milk. I have tried the unsweetened and it was a little bland so I added a package of Splenda. I then tried the Vanilla flavored Diamond Almond Breeze and that was just enough sweetness without adding the Splenda. I don't know what brand you are using but I like the Diamond for a better flavor and taste.
  • DivaMoe40
    DivaMoe40 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Unsweetened vanilla almond milk + a banana + chocolate protein powder = the best damn thing I've ever tasted in my life.

Yum! :happy: That sounds good! I am always looking for smoothie ideas. I am going to have to borrow that recipe :drinker: .
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Unsweetened vanilla almond milk or unsweetened almond/coconut blend. Both delicious in place of regular milk!! If you're looking for a way to sweeten your shakes without artificial flavoring, try Truvia or honey.

Agree. Unsweetened almond/coconut is my favorite. I've gotten to where I want to drink that straight. Even the sweetened almond milks have less sugar than cow's milk though, so I would start there & then if you can get acclimated to that, move on to the unsweetened stuff.

As long as we're sharing recipes, here's one of my favorite shakes.

8 oz unsweetened almond/coconut milk
    scoop of vanilla protein powder
    2 tablespoons cocoa powder (the bitter unsweetened kind)
    1-2 tablespoons peanut butter

YUM - 400 calories and it usually gets me to lunch - and I'm a big boy.