100 pushups, 200 squats, situps, and a plank

Options
meerkat70
meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
Anyone want to do this with me? I've tried it before and dropped out midway. This time I'm determined. I've downloaded apps, which are very easy to use,, but there are also websites:

http://hundredpushups.com/week1.html
http://www.twohundredsitups.com/
http://twohundredsquats.com/

I'll be following these programmes,doing them every other day, and logging my progress on this thread.

I'll also be doing a plank every other day - holding it for as long as I can.

Replies

• JosieRawr
    JosieRawr Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I don't do situps(I do leg lifts) I did 200 squats last night, working on push ups, I can do 120 on my sink lol (I can't do one true pushup yet) n planking sounds fun ;)

When are you starting?
  • scarlettesong
    scarlettesong Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I was just telling myself to restart these too. I also dropped out because I kept repeating Week 3 (that's normal), but I have a fitness test coming up and need to be able to do the pushups and situps. I was going to push myself for every other day. When do we start?
  • meerkat70
    Options
    I'm starting tonight (I've just done the squats), but I think any time over the next few days for people to join would be good.
  • aqua_zumba_fan
    Options
    Ooh I started this before and gave up. As I'm restarting the fitness thing tomorrow I'm gonna give it a go :) What are the aps called?
  • Ready4Change05
    Options
    I'm going to try this
  • meerkat70
    Options
    I searched for 100 pushups - you find all three that way.
  • tishajo
    tishajo Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. I dropped out last time as well because of my week long vacation. No excuses this time. I will do the 100 pushup program.
  • sissyrose10706
    Options
    I would definetly like to do this. I have started a running routine, and circuit training, and I do it all within the same time period So i can just throw this on in there. Thank you for the websites/
  • JosieRawr
    Options
    I'll start today as well then! I'm going to start with my pushups though, my legs are still recovering from my 200 squats last night!
  • meerkat70
    Options
    That sounds good to me Josie. I think it's up to each of us whether we do everything on the same day, or spread it out. Depends what fits with your routine, I guess.
  • bizorra
    bizorra Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I'm doing this! well, 200 situps and a modified 100 pushups for only 50 (I'm still doign them on my knees, once I do 50, I'll try for 100 on my toes)

I downloaded an app for my phone and for some reason this has helped me stick to it much more than any other time I've tried! I think because it keeps track of where I am in the pogram...
  • lombrica
    lombrica Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    Count me in Jane... I had all of these and punked out. So I'll give it a go again. Have the apps still sitting there. Will reset and get it started. I'm interested to hear how people test & progress... I started the 100 pushups awhile back doing knees.... after reading NROLFW realized that I need to NOT do knee pushups so this time will be much harder...

But yeah, I'm in... :)
  • meerkat70
    Options
    Excellent!

Lombrica, look for a blog by BerryH (I think it was a blog - might have been a forum post) about how to build up pushups. She has some useful things to say about incline pushups.
  • Evallusion
    Evallusion Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I will start either tonight or tomorrow evening.
  • tappae
    tappae Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I tried the 100 push-ups earlier this year. I went all the way through the program, but still couldn't do 100 at the end. I did improve my PR by 50% or so, though. I've been wanting to do the chin-ups program, but it wasn't made last time I looked. I might have to make my own plan.

Recently, I've been combining my push-ups with planks. I do one push-up, then a side plank, then another push-up, then the other side plank, then another push-up and a forearm plank, etc. It's killing my core.
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the 100 pushup starting tomorrow! Did my initial test Saturday and excited to see how this goes.
  • JosieRawr
    Options
    I'm going to do 100 pushups, 100 squats, 50 leg lifts and see how long I can plank for tonight(tomorrow night I'll do 200 squats n only 50 pushups to kinda alternate the intensity) Gonna see how this goes!
  • scarlettesong
    scarlettesong Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Two things today:

1. Could someone post the pushups and situps for a Tier 3 starter? I'm at work and apparently the websites are blocked. I plan to workout before going home and won't be able to view it. I believe my pushups are 10-12-7-7-max (at least 9).

2. For pushups, I learned the hard way that knee pushups don't cut it. If you're just starting and can't even do one, here's how to proceed.

Get in a full pushup position, on toes, arms straight but elbows not locked, body planked flat. Go down until your elbows bend at 90 degrees, and attempt to push back up. The hardest part is your body wants to break that plank. If you can't go back up, let yourself down to the ground. Don't move your hands. When you are ready, push yourself up. You'll start by pushing your upper body with your arms and then pulling up your lower body with your core muscles. Go all the way to your starting position. Repeat. Go to the ground. When ready, go back up.

Sounds silly, but the goal is to learn to push up with your arms and keep your core strong enough to go up from the floor in one smooth motion, maintaining that plank. After that, you'll be doing a full, regular pushup sooner than you think!
  • meerkat70
    Options
    hi scarlette - sorry it's taken so long for me to reply.

Pushups Day 1 10, 12, 7, 7, max (at least 9)

Situps 15 18 10 10 max (at least 14)

Have fun.
  • meerkat70
    Options
    I decided to do the 150 tricep dips too: http://www.onefiftydips.com/

Here's my week 1 day 1 log:

triceps 13 15 9 9 15
    situps 10 10 12 10 15 (app has different numbers from the website!)
    pushups 3 3 3 3 5 (I'm pathetic at pushups!)
    squats 12 10 14 12 12

Plank 45 seconds (really weak, but perhaps a mistake to try it at the end of doing all the other stuff. Started to shake within seconds! :-) )