100 pushups, 200 squats, situps, and a plank

Options

Replies

• ChrissyLpwe
    ChrissyLpwe Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I really want to do those 100 push ups..I can do the squats and is that 100 sit ups,then i can do that too. The plank Im at a 30 second plank..how long is the goal then?
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    When you say do this with you... you mean go through the program as they outline it? Or jump right in and do the 100, 200 and so on?

I ask because I am just starting this and there's no WAY I'm getting close to that number just yet.

If it's to do the program then I'm all in.

We're going through the programme.

Welcome to all the new people. :-)
  • meerkat70
    Options
    I printed out the entire 6 week schedules for this, a few weeks back, and then tried the push-ups and could only do three. then i gave up lol

I'm that bad at pushups. Don't give up.

Try incline pushups, rather than trying straight off for the full pushup. So do a straight pushup with your hands on a step, or a chair. If that's still too hard, you can do it against the wall. Run the programme for six weeks, and then you can drop your incline and run it again. The only way to build strength is to... well... build strength! :-)
  • Qskim
    Qskim Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • A_Shannigans
    A_Shannigans Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Ok I did the initial tests. I'll take the weekend off and begin Monday.

Pushup test (better than I expected) 12
    Situp test (worse than I expected...way worse) 15
    Squats (again better than I expected) 31

I guess I know where all my strength is :D

So... I do column 2 for push ups and squats and column 1 for situps
  • meerkat70
    Options
    I'm in! I really want to do those 100 push ups..I can do the squats and is that 100 sit ups,then i can do that too. The plank Im at a 30 second plank..how long is the goal then?

I didn't really have a goal in mind - just to build it up and hold it as long as I can. Once I feel I'm doing it long enough, I'll switch to one legged. :-)
  • joyfulteach
    joyfulteach Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm going to try!! I'm going to have to do a modified push up to start with though as I can't even do one real one!! Also I really want to focus on the planks as I read they help with the mom belly the most. :-) Will start on Monday!!
  • meerkat70
    Options
    How are we getting on? I start week 2 tomorrow. :-)
  • A_Shannigans
    Options
    Day 1 Complete

Pushups 6,6,6,4,4, 15
    Situps 10,3,4,3,3,27
    Squats 20,13, 15, 11, 11, 30
    1 Plank for a whoppin 15 seconds
  • joyfulteach
    joyfulteach Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Day 1:
    Incline push ups: 2,3,2,2,3
    Squats test: 30, Day 1: 12,10,14,10,10
    Plank: 25 sec
  • meerkat70
    Options
    Day 1:
    Incline push ups: 2,3,2,2,3
    Squats test: 30, Day 1: 12,10,14,10,10
    Plank: 25 sec

well done!
  • meerkat70
    Options
    Day 1 Complete

Pushups 6,6,6,4,4, 15
    Situps 10,3,4,3,3,27

Nice work! Planks are *hard*.

(Nice kitteh!)
  • A_Shannigans
    Options
    Day 1 Complete

Pushups 6,6,6,4,4, 15
    Situps 10,3,4,3,3,27

Nice work! Planks are *hard*.

(Nice kitteh!)
    I'll have to get a more recent picture of him up... He's huge now and not so fluffy but he's very soft and he has thumbs. He also has 10 digits total (he thinks he's human).
  • laraeverhage
    laraeverhage Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    For those of you doing this challenge - how do you enter the plank in your exercise log on MyFitnessPal? I tried to log it, but I don't know how to estimate the # of calories burned - even though I know it isn't a lot. I at least want to track so I know when I'm getting better!
  • meerkat70
    Options
    I tend to enter everything I do for this as calasthenics.

30 July

plank - 65 sec
    situps - 16 18 18 16 20
    tricep dips 18 18 13 18 20
    puships 4 6 4 4 6
    squats 19 19 13 13 20
  • Mellie289
    Mellie289 Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    I saw this last week when I was finishing up the 100 miles in July challenge and not ready to start a new challenge. I would like to do this now to work on strength more than cardio for August. I hope it's okay if I jump in here!

Week 1 Day 1 Complete

Pushups 10, 12, 7, 7, 10 - I will be doing these on my knees until I get to 100 (after that, I'll start over and work on real pushups))
    Situps 9, 9, 6, 6, 10
    Squats 13, 16, 9, 9, 15
    Dips 6, 6, 5, 5, 10
    1 Plank for 60 seconds
  • meerkat70
    Options
    Hi Mellie, you're most welcome - and well done there!

For pushups, you might want to try incline pushups rather than knee ones. The balance of opinion is that knee pushups don't build the right kind of strength to work towards doing full ones, while incline pushups do. Hope that helps. :-)
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    Bump-- to come back later and check it out.
  • Mellie289
    Mellie289 Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    Hi Mellie, you're most welcome - and well done there!

For pushups, you might want to try incline pushups rather than knee ones. The balance of opinion is that knee pushups don't build the right kind of strength to work towards doing full ones, while incline pushups do. Hope that helps. :-)
    Thanks for the tip - I'm working on getting up to a reasonable number of full pushups with the 30 DS workout as well. I can now do the walkout pushups (maybe 5), but I'd rather do a modified pushup and get the numbers up initially before going back and achieving the same with proper pushups.

I just looked up the incline pushups and I'm not sure I can do those at home - I don't think I have anything solid and sturdy at a good height to try that (unless anyone has some suggestions). I think the bed/sofa are too squishy and the counters too high... maybe the chair I'm using for the dips will work. I'll try that tomorrow night.
  • A_Shannigans
    Options
    Day 2 complete

Pushups 6,8,6,6,15
    Situps 5,6,3,5,27
    Squats 8,11,8,8, 32

1 Plank at 30 seconds (but it about killed me)