Afraid to say anything at alll

Options
124»

Replies

• Chan0629
    Chan0629 Posts: 19
    Options
    Whoa! Not only are you awesome for pushing yourself but you are from my hometown! One meal at a time my friend, one day, one moment! We're here to support you! You can do it!
  • 4mybabys
    4mybabys Posts: 7
    Options
    Don't be afraid. I am glad you shared and we're here to offer support. Sounds like you have a good plan to start with.
  • Mamasota
    Mamasota Posts: 144
    Options
    I think I'm on my 6th or 7th try - I've lost count but I haven't lost faith.
  • JillSkigirl
    JillSkigirl Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Never Give up.... keep trying. One very small piece of advice. Start with focusing on one or two things instead of five or six. For example, try focusing this week on eating whole grains and 30 min. or more of exercise per day. That way at the end of the week you will feel you've accomplished something and can begin building a new habit. I've found in the past that trying to change too many things at once lead me to disaster because I can't do all of it, then feel unsuccessful so therefore give up. I have a medical condition that is forcing me to change the way I have exercised for many years. Been depressed about it along with some stress and anxiety over work and family have caused me to gain 20 lbs over the last two years. My goal this week is no alcohol (I'm a one glass of wine a day girl), work on new exercises every day and eat a healthy breakfast. We can do it.
  • ladyshellbelle
    ladyshellbelle Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    you made the first and most important step.. you want to lose weigh.. well done honey.. I shall be watching your progress and us Yorkshire Roses are like little jack russells if we see you cheating :) just be realistic and honest :)
  • j77r68
    j77r68 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    WELCOME !!!!

Take it ONE pound at a time. Break everything into mini-goals. The larger the goal the more intimidating , so break them down to where they don't feel as daunting and they are achievable. That works for me. I still have a ways to go but I got to where I am by thinking "one more pound- that's all I want.

Good Luck in your new healthy lifestyle
  • 1jlazymom
    1jlazymom Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Well you are taking the first step by setting goals and trying again. Don't get discouraged everyday is a new day and don't beat yourself up for a bad day accept and move on. You will find lots of encouragement here.:smile:
  • riddler55
    riddler55 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi Woodmangler,

Sometimes half the battle is making the first step. I'm just getting started myself. I see we're the same age. Keep the positive attitude and commit to tracking both food and exercise. I can see that Myfitnesspal takes care of the tedious details of pulling together calories, carbs, fat, etc. It looks like a great tool for making some realistic changes. I'm encouraged by that. I hope you are too.