4 Week Mini-Challenge

Options

Replies

• SRW31
    SRW31 Posts: 11
    Options
    I'm ready to start...First time starting a challenge, but I'm up to it!!!

Starting Weight: 192.8

July 30:

August 6:

August 13:

August 20:
  • Fit_2013
    Fit_2013 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Ready to start today :smile:

SW- 192.9 lbs

July 30 -

Aug 6 -

Aug 13 -

Aug 20 -
  • LeandieE
    LeandieE Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Yes, the check-in's are done via the message boards. So there's a check in each week, but the ultimate goal is to lose 6 lbs by the end of the 4 week period. :) Good luck!! :D
  • MaryG418
    MaryG418 Posts: 3
    Options
    I want in too! I am starting 2 days late but I like the idea of being accountable to a group.

My starting (this morning) is 141.

My overall goal weight is 120.

I also need movitation and support with getting up and working out in the morning, becuase that is the only time I will be able to do it. This morning I put my alarm out of my bedroom with my workout clothes right next to it, and it worked, and I got a 2 mile run in!
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    155 by August 20th? I'm in :)

Current weight 161
    Final Goal weight: 130
    August Goal weight: 155

July 30:
    Aug. 6:
    Aug 13:
    Aug 20:
  • Mysonmyreason
    Mysonmyreason Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    HELLO

COUNT ME IN

Current weight 219
    Final Goal weight: 159
    July 30 -

Aug 6 -

Aug 13 -

Aug 20 -
  • bcw660816
    bcw660816 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Leaving for Florida on 31 August and want to lose every extra pound I can before then.

July 23rd - 216.2
    July 30th --
    August 6th --
    August 13th --
    August 20th --
  • LeandieE
    Options
    Hey Guys!!

Excellent work for everyone joining in so far!!! It's hard work for sure, but try to just think of each day one a a time. Be good this ONE day and then think of tomorrow separately in the same way. I find this makes it a bit better, because I don't feel like I have weeks and months stretching out ahead of me.

Also, I found this fabulous website talking about how to exercise and eat based on what really works for weight loss - proper nutrition in moderation and regular, varied exercise. I particularly like the way the information is presented because it's easy to read and outlines some simple steps. I read it and thought: "Yeah, I can totally follow these easy steps!"

http://www.hussmanfitness.org/index.html

Keep up the good work everyone!! :D
  • freya33
    freya33 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Hi Count me in. At the moment it is so hot, far to hot to exercise but that is just an excuse.... I need a challenge. I really need to lose the weight I have put on over the years. I lost some at a boot camp last year and then put it back on ( and more) plus lost all the fitness. I can remember how good I felt whern lighter and fitter and need to hold onto that.
    I usually weigh in kg ( I think it is part of my avoidance of reality 70.7 is over 11stone ( how did I get from 9 stone to well over 11 )
    4 weeks I can do it

26th July 155 lbs
  • emiskins
    emiskins Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'm in too! Please friend me if you want! I having used MFP for about 6 months and I could use some friends.

Starting weight --- 178.8
    July 30th --
    August 6th --
    August 13th --
    August 20th --
  • Suaso
    Suaso Posts: 48
    Options
    Count me in :)

CW: 163
    GW: 157

July 30th --
    August 6th --
    August 13th --
    August 20th --
  • LeandieE
    Options
    Alright my fellow challenge takers!!! The weekend is here. Don't lose sight of your 1.5 lb goal this week. Have that glass of wine or bottle of beer, but just the ONE!!! One day of binging and ruin your whole week of hard work, so don't let it! :D Monday is around the corner!
  • careyannal
    careyannal Posts: 161
    Options
    I'm late but would like to take you up on the challenge!

Start weight: 164
  • jaszed
    jaszed Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Alright, here goes my first MFP post. I am ready to take on this challenge and I say better a little late than never.

Current Weight: 162.2
    Goal Weight: 120

Challenge Goal Weight: 154lbs

154 will put me in a healthy BMI for my height!

July 30th --
    August 6th --
    August 13th --
    August 20th --
  • rdonald57
    rdonald57 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm in if i can use the 3 pounds lost last night as part of the contest
  • bwdcjk
    bwdcjk Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I will join to. I have lost 30 lbs already but do not want to stop. 30 more to go!

Starting weight --- 178.4 lbs

July 30th --
    August 6th --
    August 13th --
    August 20th --
  • oliviawink
    oliviawink Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    oooh, oooh, ooooooh, I'm in too! Been here a while (1.5 years) and have been slow and steady losing weight. Getting close to my goal weight but been plateaued for about a month (mostly cause I was on vacation and not really counting). Need this push to lose my last 12 lbs, and after that my focus will not be the scale, but will be BF%. Anyway, here's my deets...

Starting weight --- 153
    July 30th --
    August 6th --
    August 13th --
    August 20th --

I noticed some people mentioned they are interested in friends. I will look for you and friend you. Others, feel free to friend me too, just please note in the message that we are in the mini-challenge together. I get all sorts of confused when people friend me with no message. IDK, it just feels weird
  • oliviawink
    oliviawink Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    I want in! I need something to kick-start my motivation. I'm trying to familiarize myself with MFP, do you guys eat back all calories you exercise?

Startng Weight: 159

1st post....right here :)

depends on how much I exercise. Basically anything under 300 calorie burn I try not too, anything above that I try to eat back about 1/2. Also, depending on your settings makes a difference about whether or not you should eat them back. Some people like to set their calories low (like 1200) and eat back their exercise so they eat about 1400-1600 a day, others set it higher and don't. Doesn't matter so much as long as you pick and approach and stick with it. Basically 1 lb=3500 calories, so if you're looking for 1.5 lbs you need to burn 5250 calories more than you eat. Hope this helps!
  • metzica
    metzica Posts: 24
    Options
    I know I'm late but count me in too! :)

Starting weight --- 187.6
    July 30th --
    August 6th --
    August 13th --
    August 20th --
  • Sarrah87
    Sarrah87 Posts: 4
    Options
    Just saw this, but i want in. Today is my first day back in the routine, but here we go!

Starting Weight: 141
    Goal Weight: 115