guns or no guns?

Options

Replies

• foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    So this thread is obviously knee jerk reaction crap to the Colorado shootings, here's the thing, if the dude wanted to shoot the place up and couldn't buy his guns legally he would have gotten the illegally. If you want to stop acts such as this here the key, go after the news groups. Jack offs like this want the fame, if you report the crime but never utter the person's name, never show his picture, only refer to him as coward, sissy, *****, loser, or other derogatory names then focus on the names of the victims you will take away the thing all this pathetic little losers are chasing, 15 min of fame. If we as a nation could come together and agree to do that you would deter so many in the future. I bet pretty much everyone on this thread can name the shooter, how many can name the victims without googling it right now? exactly.
    I can already tell you what the next few months will bring. Victims families and lawmakers will seek to tighten up laws on gun control, because not breaking the law is clearly on the top of every criminals to do list. They will then pass a law or 90 to prove that we care, this dog and pony show will run for about a month before everyone moves on to the next shiney bell the Media shakes in front of us. We will then continue to be no safer than we were before. Movie theaters are already banning costumes in theaters, the shooter didn't even show up in a costume. He propped a back door, went to get his gear, came back and went on the attack, so how has not letting a kid dress as batman to see batman make us any safer?
    For those who think a stricter gun law is what we need lets pose this question. In many states a sex offender must remain 100yards or more from schools, parks, and other places kids congregate. Violating this can result in a class A misdermeanor or by a far stretch maybe a felony. This person is going to a park with the intention of attacking a child and commiting multiple felonies as well as destroyiong that childs life, do you think the thing stopping them is a law that says they cannot go to where the kid is? wake up and quit being so stupid, pass all the gun laws you want, that just means only the criminals will be armed.

i didn't read all of this, but your first paragraph is false

mental health issues are so commonplace and governments around the globe deal with them in very ****ty ways.
  • fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    So this thread is obviously knee jerk reaction crap to the Colorado shootings, here's the thing, if the dude wanted to shoot the place up and couldn't buy his guns legally he would have gotten the illegally. If you want to stop acts such as this here the key, go after the news groups. Jack offs like this want the fame, if you report the crime but never utter the person's name, never show his picture, only refer to him as coward, sissy, *****, loser, or other derogatory names then focus on the names of the victims you will take away the thing all this pathetic little losers are chasing, 15 min of fame. If we as a nation could come together and agree to do that you would deter so many in the future. I bet pretty much everyone on this thread can name the shooter, how many can name the victims without googling it right now? exactly.
    I can already tell you what the next few months will bring. Victims families and lawmakers will seek to tighten up laws on gun control, because not breaking the law is clearly on the top of every criminals to do list. They will then pass a law or 90 to prove that we care, this dog and pony show will run for about a month before everyone moves on to the next shiney bell the Media shakes in front of us. We will then continue to be no safer than we were before. Movie theaters are already banning costumes in theaters, the shooter didn't even show up in a costume. He propped a back door, went to get his gear, came back and went on the attack, so how has not letting a kid dress as batman to see batman make us any safer?
    For those who think a stricter gun law is what we need lets pose this question. In many states a sex offender must remain 100yards or more from schools, parks, and other places kids congregate. Violating this can result in a class A misdermeanor or by a far stretch maybe a felony. This person is going to a park with the intention of attacking a child and commiting multiple felonies as well as destroyiong that childs life, do you think the thing stopping them is a law that says they cannot go to where the kid is? wake up and quit being so stupid, pass all the gun laws you want, that just means only the criminals will be armed.

mental health issues are so commonplace and governments around the globe deal with them in very ****ty ways.

So why are politicians going after guns instead of addressing the real issues? Why are they parading around in the blood of innocent people?
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    I didnt get in the last thread so I'm sure its been said before..
    guns dont kill people, people kill people...
  • foxyforce
    Options

So why are politicians going after guns instead of addressing the real issues? Why are they parading around in the blood of innocent people?

because politicians are idiots!!! but guns are also a real issue. there are many involved here.

edit: the mayor of toronto thinks our violence issues are immigration. politicians have never been smart or relied on data. they rely on votes. and clearly this is why they haven't outlawed them in the states. look at how much you people love your firearms.
    and to the other poster, we know people kill people.....................obviously. some of you are too much.
  • Feathil
    Feathil Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I live in a country where the even police don't have guns. It's great.

If I don't want to binge on junk food I don't buy it into the house, because then lack of willpower has nothing to act on anyway. Same deal with guns. It's just been a part of your country for too long and people don't like things being taken away from them. You're just going to have to keep on dealing with school shootings etc.
  • fiveohmike
    Options

because politicians are idiots!!! but guns are also a real issue. there are many involved here.

edit: the mayor of toronto thinks our violence issues are immigration. politicians have never been smart or relied on data. they rely on votes. and clearly this is why they haven't outlawed them in the states. look at how much you people love your firearms.
    and to the other poster, we know people kill people.....................obviously. some of you are too much.

Why arent people flipping over the worse mass death in texas?

http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/23/us/texas-truck-wreck/index.html?hpt=hp_t3
  • jojo52610
    jojo52610 Posts: 692 Member
    Options

^^^This
  • fiveohmike
    Options
    I live in a country where the even police don't have guns. It's great.

If I don't want to binge on junk food I don't buy it into the house, because then lack of willpower has nothing to act on anyway. Same deal with guns. It's just been a part of your country for too long and people don't like things being taken away from them. You're just going to have to keep on dealing with school shootings etc.

Ya because these shootings ONLY happen in the US.....
  • foxyforce
    Options

i am going back to prevention

people already invest time in collission free driving courses, or choose to not drive due to the anxiety. i didn't even read the article because it doesn't pertain and is totally not applicable, kind of like the "knives kill people, let's ban knives" argument. it is nonsensical.
  • Feathil
    Feathil Posts: 163 Member
    Options

They don't happen here! It's great. Only shootings in Ireland are drug dealers ****ing each other up
    But like I said, you're gonna have to put up with them because there are too many in circulation to get rid of them and people are too stubborn. They're useless for anything but killing, and if people can't control themselves enough over chocolate cake, I don't trust them with a gun.
  • fiveohmike
    Options

i am going back to prevention

people already invest time in collission free driving courses, or choose to not drive due to the anxiety. i didn't even read the article because it doesn't pertain and is totally not applicable, kind of like the "knives kill people, let's ban knives" argument. it is nonsensical.

Ah gotcha....some human life is more valuable than others?
  • Sockimobi
    Sockimobi Posts: 541
    Options

^^^This

I find this so reassuring. Thank goodness it's people that kill people.
  • fiveohmike
    Options

They don't happen here! It's great. Only shootings in Ireland are drug dealers ****ing each other up

No they just try and blow each other up:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/apr/09/northern-ireland-bomb-attempt

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-17877896

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/19/northern-ireland-bombs_n_1217264.html

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/04/28/us-irish-bombs-idUSBRE83R0AP20120428

You guys should really regulate bombs over there.
  • foxyforce
    Options

you clearly want a one size fits all solution

i hate to break it to you. but people will inevitably die. they will be shot, stabbed, raped, dismembered, tortured, crashed, exploded, etc.

you have to break it down piece by piece though, start a thread about explosive awareness if you are really THAT interested in it.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options

^^^This

You're so pleasant.
  • foxyforce
    Options

your edit is so ridiculous
  • fiveohmike
    Options

your edit is so ridiculous

No its not, that person wanted to tout the moral superiority of their country.
  • FretheMJsmokingcannibal
    Options
    If we wanted to make a more civilized society, banning guns is not the solution. The problem in our society is everyone think they are owed something, we fail to enforce the rule of law, we fail to enforce law already enacted, our kids fail to learn, our society fails to teach, we fail to punish those who need punishing and instead we punish the victims.
    If we are to make a more civilized society we need to fix the problems stated above. More responsible people means less crime, not no crime but less crime. Even if there is less crime you should always be prepared to defend yourself against those who are willing to do you and your harm. Even they can't get a weapon legally, they will find away to get a weapon.
  • Sockimobi
    Sockimobi Posts: 541
    Options

^^^This

You're so pleasant.

I forget it's sometimes necessary to put "/sarcasm" at the end of an obviously sarcastic statement.

I didn't require the same from you to interpret yours as such.

The previous thread was full of this "guns don't kill people" sentiment. I was mocking it.

Edited: I don't even know how to spell sarcasm :)