guns or no guns?

Options
1373839404143»

Replies

• StephanieDJL
    StephanieDJL Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    To answer the initial question, no guns.

Unless you're in the special forces/police or a farmer/hunter.

Okay. I am a hunter.

Anyone else want to be a hunter?

I'm a hunter, and if someone breaks into my home I'm a hunter of humans. I'm pretty sure that still qualifies as a hunter.

I think hunting is BS but I added it in there to appeal to American ~ideals. Guns aren't necessary for the general public & the argument concerning 'those who couldn't get guns legally would get them illegally' is also crap. Sure a minority would but I'm going to go out on a limb here & assume people like the college guy who just shot up a movie theatre don't have ~connections.

Seriously, why would anybody need a gun?

'omgzzz to protect ourselves!11!' - from what exactly? Oh yeah, other morons with guns...

How about rapists, people with knives, people with anything that could be used as a weapon, people breaking into my home to steal things. Are any of those good enough reasons to own a gun, oh Anointed One?

Oh, I know ... it's not worth taking a criminal's life if he's not actually trying to take mine, right? Well, next time someone breaks into my home in the middle of the night, I'll just ask him if he's there to kill me or rape me, and I'll tell him if he's only there to rape me, I'll put my gun away.

On second thought, I think I'll just not ask any questions, put a bullet through his chest, call the cops to drag his corpse out of my house, and go back to sleep.

Do people frequently break into your home? If so, what's to stop them shooting you first? Unless you sleep with a loaded gun in your hand...

What about drive by shootings? School shootings? Or just being shot while you're innocently enjoying a movie? Imagine you're in a situation where a moron is intent on mass murder, shooting at anything that moves, everyone pulls out a gun & starts shooting, is there going to be more or less chaos?

Stranger danger is hyped up by the media and there's a higher chance of you getting raped or killed by someone you know.

My aunt was murdered in her own home in an upscale neighborhood. Keep telling me that this **** doesnt happen you ignorant ****.

Ffs where did I say it didn't happen?
  • StephanieDJL
    StephanieDJL Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    To answer the initial question, no guns.

Unless you're in the special forces/police or a farmer/hunter.

Okay. I am a hunter.

Anyone else want to be a hunter?

I'm a hunter, and if someone breaks into my home I'm a hunter of humans. I'm pretty sure that still qualifies as a hunter.

I think hunting is BS but I added it in there to appeal to American ~ideals. Guns aren't necessary for the general public & the argument concerning 'those who couldn't get guns legally would get them illegally' is also crap. Sure a minority would but I'm going to go out on a limb here & assume people like the college guy who just shot up a movie theatre don't have ~connections.

Seriously, why would anybody need a gun?

'omgzzz to protect ourselves!11!' - from what exactly? Oh yeah, other morons with guns...

How about rapists, people with knives, people with anything that could be used as a weapon, people breaking into my home to steal things. Are any of those good enough reasons to own a gun, oh Anointed One?

Oh, I know ... it's not worth taking a criminal's life if he's not actually trying to take mine, right? Well, next time someone breaks into my home in the middle of the night, I'll just ask him if he's there to kill me or rape me, and I'll tell him if he's only there to rape me, I'll put my gun away.

On second thought, I think I'll just not ask any questions, put a bullet through his chest, call the cops to drag his corpse out of my house, and go back to sleep.

Do people frequently break into your home? If so, what's to stop them shooting you first? Unless you sleep with a loaded gun in your hand...

What about drive by shootings? School shootings? Or just being shot while you're innocently enjoying a movie? Imagine you're in a situation where a moron is intent on mass murder, shooting at anything that moves, everyone pulls out a gun & starts shooting, is there going to be more or less chaos?

Stranger danger is hyped up by the media and there's a higher chance of you getting raped or killed by someone you know.

My aunt was murdered in her own home in an upscale neighborhood. Keep telling me that this **** doesnt happen you ignorant ****.

Ffs where did I say it didn't happen?
  • Timmmy40
    Timmmy40 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Guns! Try and take them from me. I AM A LAW BITING CITIZEN. I will be buying more guns this coming fall. This is a free country and it is my constitutional right to bear arms given to me by the 2nd amendment!
  • jaymek92
    jaymek92 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Would you be happier if I moved out of my parents' house and started having a bunch of kids and went on welfare?

Why are talking about kids? He didn't say anything about you having kids, he's making the point that you don't know what real responsibility is while you're still living at home with your parents. You don't even know what the real world is like yet. By the way, you completely ignored my post and never responded...
    I have a job and I'm going to school and paying off my loans. I'm partially supporting myself. My point with the kids is that I don't know how he expects me to have the responsibilities he has when I'm not him. I am responsible enough to stay at home while I'm able to and not pop out kids. I will never have the responsibilities he has, even if I do move out right now.
    What post did I ignore? I can't find it. Please repost?
  • LadyBeryl
    LadyBeryl Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I didn't read all of this thread but here is my opinion for the record:

First, I am a Colorado gun owning markswoman, daughter of a Army officer who was a sharp shooter and the granddaughter of a woman who always carried a Dillinger. I have no problems with gun ownership.

However, there is NO reason for ordinary citizens to own assault weaponry that can in seconds kill 100s people. Assault weapons/ammo should be banned. No gun control will occur because every single lawmaker is either in the pockets of the NRA or afraid of them.

The tragedy on my neighbors resulted in a BOOM to the gun industry. More people bought guns because of their propaganda and public ignorance. They continue to LIE stating that someone will be taking away guns and as a result, stupid people buy more ammo instead of saving their money or using it to EDUCATE themselves or their children. The NRA is has the ignorant public duped for their own financial gain.

Pitiful.
  • Scott
    Scott Posts: 204 MFP Staff
    Options
    This thread has been locked. What started as a civil, well formulated discussion completely derailed. We will do our best to go through and enforce the guidelines. The numerous guideline violations include:

1. No Attacks or Insults and No Reciprocation

a) Do not attack, mock, or otherwise insult others. You can respectfully disagree with the message or topic, but you cannot attack the messenger. This includes attacks against the user’s spelling or command of written English, or belittling a user for posting a duplicate topic.
    b) If you are attacked by another user, and you reciprocate, you will also be subject to the same consequences. Defending yourself or a friend is not an excuse! Do not take matters into your own hands – instead, use the Report Post link to report an attack and we will be happy to handle the situation for you.

Just because someone has an opposing viewpoint then yours does not give you the right to attack them. Provide constructive and helpful counterpoints or do not participate in the conversation.

2. No Hi-Jacking, Trolling, or Flame-baiting

Please stay on-topic within a forum topic. Off-topic or derogatory remarks are disrespectful. Please either contribute politely and constructively to a topic, or move on without posting. This includes posts that encourage the drama in a topic to escalate, or posts intended to incite an uproar from the community.