I could do With a Hug

Options
13»

Replies

• Lilower
    Lilower Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey, hugs to you for sure ((((( ))))). Definitely keep in mind that what you are doing IS working and that it's all about you. When it comes to your body, your frame of mind and your health, focus on how you are feeling and what you are seeing & not others. Especially their approval/disapproval ratings. Sounds to me like you are doing everything right. DO IT FOR YOU! :smile: :smile: Keep up the good work! Stay strong & be proud!
  • dandaninc
    dandaninc Posts: 392
    Options
    Personally, I'd piss in his coffee. Then you can laugh at him all the time too. That's ridiculous. Congrats on your progress and don't starve yourself just because your dad's being an *kitten*.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I AGREE!!!!

You need to do this for yourself and honestly try to ignore the bad advice.

You know exactly what you are doing and you are doing a fantastic job!! KEEP AT IT!! This works and it's the best way to loose weight for LIFE!!
  • ali117
    ali117 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Who are you losing weight for? You or your dad? If its you! Then you are doing great you have lost 1 stone that makes you a strong and capable woman. Start a gratitude journal and look for 5 things everyday to be great full for. This will help you focus on the positives and keep you in a good headspace and remember we are all here. oooooooooo
  • lamlam2468
    lamlam2468 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Ew, your dad sounds like a jerk. Sending virtual hugs your way, and the patience to deal with unkind people. Remember, you're doing this for yourself, not anyone else. Take a deep breath, and keep doing what you're doing. If it's working, you're fine!

I completely agree! :flowerforyou:
  • Reneefit135
    Reneefit135 Posts: 170
    Options
    ouch- I feel for you. As a parent, I know how I agonize over the well being of my children. Im assuming that is what is motivating your dad- however poorly he is handling it. Keep your head up-- you are doing great! If you must take something from your dad's behavior-- take the fact that he loves you from it. Other than that-- ignore his adivce and do what you are doing!

I agree, thats a healthy way to look at it. Hugs to you and like another MFP member said WE are proud of you...be proud of yourself.
  • blondie6688
    Options
    Aw I'm sorry, I can relate, my father was unsupportive too. You are doing GREAT!!!! Every lb lost (or stone) is an accomplishment. Pat yourself on the back... and look forward . There will always be someone to try and bring us down. DONT let him... then he will win. He probably means well, just doesn't know what to do to support the way you need it or would prefer it. You will get lots of support here. Remember, you're doing GREAT!!!!
  • frando
    frando Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone!

I'm hoping the situation would have calmed by tonight's dinner, but I'll avoid putting the cheese out :P

My Mum and sister came in that evening to show me something on youtube and Mum just said ignore it and carry on as it is working. This is rather odd as she used to be rather... well unsupportive but now I have solid evidence it works and that I'm sticking to it I think she's changed her mind.

About my Dad; at the start of the year he was diagnosed with being borderline diabetic (which has increased my likely hood as well), it was his wake up call as it were. He used to feast on fatty cheeses and drink copious amounts of wine and eat rather badly then he cut back to just the monthly stilton and choice wines and exercised regularly at a rather posh hotel gym and has lost a lot of weight. Everyone in the family, including myself, said how proud we were of him. He's roughly where he wants to be weight wise and he's not so likely to develop diabetes, I can't help but think this has something to do with it all.

That I don't tell my parents a whole lot about my life these days, I find its better not to. They only found out last night that for the past three months I've been going to the gym. They have no idea I'm on chemical contraceptives to help alleviate period pain, to them it's just me being 'wimpy' every month or so :/

Ah well.

Thanks again and I'm feeling so much better and when I was listening to my playlist in the gym I thought Lady Gaga's lines were rather apt in 'Born This Way' :D

Have a good day everyone :3