Talk to me about Lauging Cow cheese...

Options
HeavyLiftGirl
HeavyLiftGirl Posts: 1,267 Member
What does it taste like, and would you recommend it? I am a cheese addict, and if this will help control more calories, I am all over it.

TIA!

Replies

• myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I think it's really good! It's super creamy & i love all the flavors they have. It's low in calories, but high in sodium (after all it IS processed cheese product). But I do eat it from time to time, spreading it on my breakfast sandwiches, or mixing it in when I make mashed potatoes :D

★M
  • krissagray
    krissagray Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I use this nearly EVERY day. LOVE the Queso flavor and the Sundried tomato. I use it with egg wraps, on plain chicken, tuna wraps, omelettes, just about everything. :)
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    I think it's really good! It's super creamy & i love all the flavors they have. It's low in calories, but high in sodium (after all it IS processed cheese product). But I do eat it from time to time, spreading it on my breakfast sandwiches, or mixing it in when I make mashed potatoes :D

★M

This. I love putting it on crackers. Mmmmmm..
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I loooooove the Garlic & Herb. The sundried tomato one though is vomit inducing though in my opinion! I haven't tried any of the other flavors.
  • dirtydmvkid
    dirtydmvkid Posts: 184
    Options
    Tried it for the first time last week. SOLD. and for 35cal for a wedge? Decent enough for me!
  • chauncyrenayCHANGED
    chauncyrenayCHANGED Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    It's amazing!
  • DixiedoesMFP
    DixiedoesMFP Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I like it and they also make a yummy cream cheese spread!
  • ShakeyMD
    ShakeyMD Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Love all of them!
  • AEC50
    AEC50 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    HUGE fan! I mix it in rice and pasta dishes for creaminess, throw it over baked potatoes, put it on grilled cheeses - love it!
  • RVfrog
    RVfrog Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    the only way to know what it taste like is to buy it and try it. Everyone has different taste. It's good for me, but I can't tell you that you'd like it. Try it.
  • gehlerc
    gehlerc Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Like the others who have responded, I love the Laughing Cow cheese wedges. BUT, like you, Original Poster, I am a cheese addict and I think you will be very disappointed if you expect the Laughing Cow wedges will be a comparable substitute. Just my opinion.
  • mapple322
    mapple322 Posts: 7
    Options
    It's creamy (spreadable) swiss cheese. Very light in flavor. You can spread it on celery sticks, and by the time you finish eating, you've already gotten rid of nearly all of the calories! :happy:
  • TexanThom
    TexanThom Posts: 778
    Options
    Also try the weight watchers jalapeno wedges. They are about half the price and just as good as the laughing cow brand.
  • sailinjen
    sailinjen Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    just had a snack of triscuits (cracked pepper) and a wedge of laughing cow....YUMMO!!!!!
  • ramgi
    ramgi Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I used to eat it all the time. I liked it and I forgot all about it. Thanks! I'm going to go get me some:-)
  • moonport
    moonport Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I use it to make chicken cordon bleu. It's amazing.
  • tibeck01
    tibeck01 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Love it...spread on a sandwich, cracker, or apple slices. Have loved every flavor that I have tried. The bleu cheese is pretty strong while I find the chipotle is a milder cheese. Those are my two favorites.
  • kyrstin__1188
    kyrstin__1188 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    LOVE laughing cow cheese.. I use it all the time! The light swiss is so good to use in egg salad instead of mayo too! yumm. :smile:
  • redshoeshelley
    redshoeshelley Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Love it!
    The herb & garlic makes a mean fettucine alfredo sauce substitute on your choice of pasta or shiritaki noodles (with grilled sliced portabello mushrooms and roasted red pepper strips, garlic and cherry tomaotes) .... Mmmmm good !

Oh, and stuff a chicken breast with a wedge sliced in half. Along with red peppers and mushrooms, another yummy meal loaded with protein and low cal !
  • bethygirlie
    bethygirlie Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    It's absolutely delicious. There's a flavor called Sundried Tomato Mozzarella, spread it on sourdough wasa crispbreads for a 70 calorie snack. Amazzzzzingggg!!