Talk to me about Lauging Cow cheese...

Options

Replies

• chocolateandpb
    chocolateandpb Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I like all of the flavors - great on crackers or bagels, or mixed into scrambled eggs or rice. A great, portion controlled way to indulge in a little creamy cheesy treat.
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    Stuff it in mushrooms and bake 'em.~
  • lauralind5
    lauralind5 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Its awesome ! I use it as a spread instead of mayo/mustard whatever. I also use it to dip crackers (the special K crackers really good!) or carrots.
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    I like it...and I'm not a huge cheese fan. But these are just the right size to take a couple eggs and turn them into scrambled eggs as well as perfect for an afternoon snack. If you like cheese, I think you'll love these! And you can have a couple wedges without killing your calories for the day
  • Elizabeth_M
    Elizabeth_M Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I love it better than cream cheese, although, as already posted, it is high in sodium - it's really a cheese product. :)

I love the light one on celery sticks (2 wedges go a long way with a whack of celery sticks!) with a dash of seasoned salt. REally yummy!

P.S. The flavour is quite mild, for the plain ones.
  • laurasimmons
    laurasimmons Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    It is very good on crackers and they have a lot of different flavors.
  • RedVelvetCurls
    RedVelvetCurls Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I love Laughing Cow cheese! I choose the Light kind, not the Extra Light. It tastes better.
  • oh_em_gee
    oh_em_gee Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    I like it. It's creamy and spreadable and very low cal for cheese. I prefer cheese from a block, but it's good. My friend adds it to mashed cauliflower and likes it a lot
  • linda1243
    linda1243 Posts: 166
    Options
    Deliciousness. Also much cheaper at Target (with food section) than Jewel. I've found it's about half the price.
  • Yes2HealthyAriel
    Yes2HealthyAriel Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I was expecting more out of them. Taste kinda like cream cheese but a whole lot less flavor, very bland in my opinion. I couldnt eat it, thought it was disgusting. I would choose reduced fat cream cheese a million times over before buying Laughing Cow again. Also Laughing Cow has a horrible after taste to me
  • mellabyte
    mellabyte Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I used to use it more often, the little flavored triangle ones. They're tasty with some carrot sticks, grape tomatoes, etc - or pretzels if you're not carb-phobic. I also used to use as a spread/lining for veggie wraps.

I do like those baybel little cheese wheels too (they're a laughing cow brand). The light ones are only 50 cals and I like to pop one before or after I work out sometimes.
  • horses1jessi
    horses1jessi Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I want some now...
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one who doesn't like it? I find it boring. Real cheddar or goat cheese will always have my heart. I'm not a food snob or anything; I just really like real cheese.
  • michelle2482
    michelle2482 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I like them, especially the chipotle flavor but I can't get away from the feeling that I'm eating 'fake' cheese every time I have it. It's kind of like low-cal ice cream. I'd just rather have the real thing and plan for it, or exercise it off!
  • DKritter
    DKritter Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Cracked pepper Triscuits and the Laughing Cow is my absolute favorite!!! :-D
  • ecrim
    ecrim Posts: 17
    Options
    I just got them for the first time and I'm in LOVE. I needed a little guilt free creaminess in my life and they do the trick.
  • michelle_mareshfuehrer
    michelle_mareshfuehrer Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I LOVE IT!! It is creamy and tasty. I usually spread the Queso Fresco Chipotle one on a whole wheat wrap, then put baby spinach, black olives, and turkey and have that for lunch. VERY good. It's also a great snack!
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    i JUST started using it a couple weeks ago and i love it! i've only tried the tomato & basil/swiss flavors. :) i've used them for celery toppings, and sandwich spreads.
  • SomeMorr
    SomeMorr Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Blue cheese and the garlic & herb are my fav. The sundried tomato is my least fav. I love it in place of sliced cheese on sandwiches, burgers and crackers. It spreads really easily and is addicting!
  • rebeccasedwards
    Options
    I love it. I have put in on a bagel for breakfast.