What's in a name? What prompted your MFP name?

Options

Replies

• Jackieonappy
    Jackieonappy Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I have the same name on facebook. My name IS Jackie and my hair is nappy (locs). LOL.
  • emrys1976
    emrys1976 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Emrys is the name my spiritual community knows me by. I decided my weight loss was also a piece of my spiritual journey so I use it here, too. 1976 is the year I was born. The best year EVER!! :laugh:
  • rhonniema
    rhonniema Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    My name is Rhonda.
    I wanted Rhonnie but someone who isn't active has that name!

So I became rhonniema ¬_¬
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    A bodybuilding friend of mine calls me Minnie (cuz I'm smaller than I used to be) and I live in Maine - voila!
  • mamabear0222
    mamabear0222 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    My kids call me Mamabear and the numbers are their birthday
  • abbezen
    abbezen Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    abbeca= my most favorite cat that traveled across the country with me...and I lost in Mississipi while traveling back to Montana.....
    Zenyatta= my most favorite racehorse in the world
    = abbezen

Abbeca was taken on MFP. Who would of thunk....?
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    In college I wrote a fairy tale and I named one of the main characters Autumn Starr-I used AutumnStarry cause I had it for my mapymyfitness name (AutumnStarr was taken there) so I figured I'd use the same thing here as well :happy:
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    name and losing weight or mind....sometimes both
  • ohmykai
    ohmykai Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    My son was going through a phase saying "Oh my Gosh", well his name is Kai...So I combined them, lol!
  • terrappyn
    terrappyn Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I have an obsession with turtles and Terrapin is usually taken so I played with the letters a but and came up with Terrappyn. Most people think I came up with the name after Grateful Dead's album Terrapin Station. Although I did grow with GD playing in my house thanks to my dad and his GD obsession it is really based on my love of the cute little reptiles. :)
  • erinxo13
    erinxo13 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    I used erinxo on everything...and that was taken so i added my fave number 13 haha
  • Owlie45
    Owlie45 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Its my name on another site
  • _Tara_R
    _Tara_R Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    My name is Tara and my last name begins with R.
  • ki4yxo
    ki4yxo Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I used my call sign I got from the FCC. (ham radio)
  • emrys1976
    emrys1976 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I have a deep seated love of oragami and basket weaving...

Wow, I'm offended by that profile pic of yours, bikermike. Not because of the derogatory and misogynistic comment in regards to women, but because you forgot to include that anything with balls comes with problems, too. I enjoyed your comment, however.
  • aqua_zumba_fan
    Options
    I love aqua zumba ;)
  • NikkiSixGuns
    NikkiSixGuns Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    This post is so much fun! Thank you!

Mine seems comparatively lame. Well, just lame. It's a nickname from HS. My first name is Nicole and a friend started calling me Bob Nicolata. Not sure where she came up with it, but there it is.

I didn't think I could use some of my more colorful nicknames on here, but I see that lots of other people threw caution to the wind!
  • Funsoaps
    Funsoaps Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Because I make Fun Soaps, in cupcake-styles in bakery scents (like Maraschino Cherry, Chocolate Chip Mint, etc.)...I make them soapscicle-style, and all sorts of fun bakery shapes.
  • tripitena
    tripitena Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    It's my name, and 420 is a good number. :laugh: :wink: :smokin:

Maybe the best number ever
  • Amryfal
    Amryfal Posts: 225
    Options
    my username is the same on almost every forum i'm a member of. it's Welsh for "multitudes."

"Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself,
    (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

~Walt Whitman, "Song of Myself."

it seemed fitting - i'm a gemini and we're well known for being several people in one skin ;o)
    also, i never, ever get the dreaded "this username is already in use" message LOL