Weight Goals for women between 5 feet 11 and 6 feet tall.

Options
RoseBred
RoseBred Posts: 96 Member
I am new to this journey and am almost 6 feet tall. I currently weight about 291 and have lost about 7 lbs. since last week Sunday since taking MFP seriously. I have a goal of about 185 to 188 lbs. Is this realistic or is it too high or low? Also does anyone have a success story they can share for someone about my height and weight?

Replies

• RoseBred
    RoseBred Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Success stories please? :-)
  • Renee2GetFit
    Renee2GetFit Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm no where near my goal yet but your goal is completely realistic. I'm 6' exactly and I currently weigh 218. My goal is 170. I've read multiple of success stories on here where women our height weigh a lot less and look great (not too skinny). I'm going to try to get to 170 and then go from there. I think anything less might not look good on me but we shall see. Good luck to you honey!
  • ksavy
    ksavy Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Your best bet will be to figure out what your lean body mass is and aim for a healthy body fat percentage. You can use one of the calculators on here :http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/ to figure it out.

I am also 6'0" tall and I started at 193 and 37.6% body fat. I figured 175-180 would be a good weight for me but now that I have been concentrating on body fat percentage I am now trying to get down to 155-160 which would put me at 22-24% body fat. Currently the scales are telling me between 163-166 so I do not have too much further to go.
  • agent99oz
    agent99oz Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I am 5'10....

My GW is around the 160 mark - with muscle....don't ever want to be skinny! I want to be phat!
  • My_Own_Hero
    Options
    Hey, I'm 5'11.5", and my goal is to weigh 155lbs (close to ideal body weight) and to have ~18-19% body fat . According to http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/bf/ and http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/ibw/, my current body fat is 26.8% and I would have a body fat percentage of 18% at 173lbs. I'm not sure if that's correct, but I guess I'll find out later.

As for your goal, I think it is attainable; and I wish you lots of luck on your journey!
  • erojoy
    erojoy Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I think it is definitely all about how you feel, and if you are happy with the way you look. I think the best answer is to ask your physician, because all of us have different bone structures and dietary needs depending on our activity levels, etc.

I'm 5'11.5'' and 197.2 lbs right now, and I want to be about 160, but with my body I could carry 150-155 and not look scary skinny.
  • cnicholexxo
    Options
    I am 5'11 & currently weigh 154 but my highest was 177 after having my second daughter.
    My goal weight is around 130 but If I'm happy with my apperence at 140 then thats where I'll stay. I just know that 154 does not carry well on my body.
    My arms and legs and good size but I carry ALL my extra weight on my tummy and hips.
  • Jesseca118
    Jesseca118 Posts: 26
    Options
    Hi I'm 6'1 my highest was 220. It took me about a 6 months to lose 50lbs which I started about 1/2011. I was down to 165 even 161 at one point. Now I'm back to 169 but that's still o.k. I'm trying to do it the right way by exercising and eating right. When I got P90X I found new motivation to be fit and then I found Turbo Fire which picked back up my motivation. If you feel like you need to keep going when you reach your goal then keep going its different for everyone. The most important part is to not give up and to keep going everyday its hard but its worth it. I still have to push myself everyday. If you have a bad day pick it back up the next.
  • ErikaLynn89
    Options
    I'm about 5'10-5'11 and weigh about 158 pounds and started at 170. For me, I still look a bit heavy at my current weight so my goal is 145. I can't stress enough though that you should never focus on the number. My weight may look completely different on someone else given the way they're shaped. For now, I think your goal is wonderful and if you're not happy then, there's no harm in aiming a little lower.
  • ahmommy
    ahmommy Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and I'm most comfortable between 140 and 145. I have a small frame. I would be okay weighing more if it's muscle.
  • mrsmastershake
    Options
    I'm 6'0" and weigh about 156 and started at 181. My goal is to be somewhere between 140-145. I think I'd be happy a little higher, but I want to give myself a 5-10 pound buffer zone in case I gain a little back. I would also be OK at my current weight if I gained more muscle after losing the remaining fat.
  • ellie319
    ellie319 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Im 5'10 and my ultimate goal is 145lbs I am now at 200...but I think your goal is attainable and I highly encourage it! good luck
  • Suezyq47
    Suezyq47 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I was part of a weight loss group at a hospital where they did a body scan of me to determine my body fat percentage. I was 240 lbs and 41% body fat. According to the weight loss doctor most women are healthy at about 25 to 30% body fat, so if I calculated what I should lose to reach 25% body fat it would be about 40 lbs to lose to be healthy. I am 5'9" tall and at my thinnest, fittest, and healthiest weight I weighed about 185 lbs and was 26% body fat. I have set my goal to be 190 lbs. I weigh 216 lbs right now and feel great and don't mind my curves at all, just want to reduce my waistline. I think it really depends on how much muscle and bone you have too. The doc told me that I have more muscle than most women and some men, so I will always weight more on the scale than most women, but that's just fine. Just monitor how your clothes fit and your waistline, because it doesn't matter how much you weigh. By the way they say your waist line should not be bigger than half your height inches, so I am 69 inches tall and my waist should be no bigger than 34.5 inches. I am currently at 38 inches, so a little more to go. Good luck :)
  • smallbore
    smallbore Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am 5'11" and 282, want to get to 175, Wii fit says I need to be 147. For now that seems unreasonable fory bone structure. I like the mirror and my body will tell me when I hit the magic number :-)
  • GettinMyLifeBck
    GettinMyLifeBck Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I'm 6ft started at 415lb I now weigh 285 and my goal weight is 220. Once I get there I will reevaluate my goal! Your ideal weight is great you can def get there!!!
  • samakain
    samakain Posts: 60
    Options
    I am 5'11".. my starting weight was 357lbs (I am now 298.6lbs).. my goal weight is 195lbs.
  • xxmzangel
    xxmzangel Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11", started at 359 lbs, my current goal is 180 lbs, and I currently weigh 270.8 lbs.
  • Kitteeee
    Kitteeee Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Jeez! so this is where you've all been hiding! lol!, there have been so many threads on the topic of weight loss twins or W/E and I could never find anyone my height haha!, all right well, this is April 20th/2013 and I am up for some tall girl friends :D, add me up!
  • Kitteeee
    Kitteeee Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    oh and I just found this calculator!, super easy and takes into account your frame size :)
    http://www.divine.ca/en/ideal-weight-calculator/c_317/?spfb=like
  • njking73
    njking73 Posts: 10
    Options
    im 6ft 1, weigh 219lb...trying to get to 200 for now , well im only on 2nd week only lost 2lb so far, weigh in again Monday.

just taking it day by day and trying to hit the 1500 calories.... im not sure I understand it really but do like this app, and love reading posts like this
    good luck peeps
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!