Weight Goals for women between 5 feet 11 and 6 feet tall.

Options

Replies

• 2stepscloser
    2stepscloser Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    My goal weight is 200 and I'm 6ft. It may change as I get closer but I would be tickled to see that number :)
  • SuffolkSally
    SuffolkSally Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I'm 6' exactly. I'm not sure what my highest weight was, but I'd lost some before I joined MFP last year weighing 208lb. My initial goal was 180, which I reached without much difficulty. I'm now 170 and aiming for 160 with lower body fat and more muscle! I'd have hit my goal long ago if I'd been consistent! But it's still a success tale - not falling off the wagon is ideal of course, but being able to get back on is what's essential, and where MFP support comes in. It can definitely be done, good luck!
  • hjameee
    hjameee Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am 5"11 and 3/4, almost 6 feet as well. I weigh 220 right now and my goal weight is 190-185. I have broad shoulders and hip bones. I've never been under 200 in my adult life, so I have no clue what I will look like at 185. I'll figure out if it is low enough once I get there. At my heaviest I was 261. It took me a year in a half to lose the first forty by trying to eat well and exercise.
  • dropitlikeasquat88
    dropitlikeasquat88 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11'' and my original goal was 140 (down from 160). When I got there I didn't like how I looked so I got down to 133 which I now know was scarily unhealthy and I was way too skinny but still unhappy with my body. Over last year's holidays I gained back up to 138 and I'm now sitting at 140-145 and putting on muscle. I look much better at around ~143 average than when I was 10 pounds lighter!
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    tallgirl_zps94d43f88.jpg
    I'm not afraid of you.
  • upsidedownjelly
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and my goal is 170ish. I'm currently 240.... I've seen tall girls look amazing at 200 pounds, and other tall girls look great at 130. It depends on you... Also I suspect the girls who looked good at higher weights did a lot of weight training.

When I was in high school, my doctor told me that 190 was totally acceptable for someone my height (I played basketball). I thought she was nuts, and I think she might have been trying to boost my self esteem to avoid disordered eating. But anyway. looking back, she was right. I looked pretty darn good at 185.

mybodygallery.com is a decent place to look, to see how different weights look on different people.
  • njking73
    njking73 Posts: 10
    Options
    Hiya, totally struggling, no weight lost, eating 1400-1500 calories, but one says I should eat 2230 ??

weighed myself and no weight lost, which I don't understand,

im 6ft 1, does anyone know hoe much I should be eating - pleaseeeee
  • katinachaos
    katinachaos Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I think setting a goal that you feel is attainable is more important that one that is some ideal weight based on what another person weighs. I am the same height and size as many other women but they weigh substantially less than I do, so I set a goal that I think will get me to a healthier size and is something I feel is not overwhelming. I further break down my goals into reasonable amounts that I will reward myself at (this weekend is one of my goals, first camping event of the year, aiming for 250, the "reward" is more just showing off a new me to friends I haven't seen in a while, but also not counting calories like a mad woman). The next big goal is 200# by fall with a reward of some fancy clothes off the web that I can't currently fit into. At 200 pounds I won't be skinny by any means, but it's a goal I'm happy with and feel like I can do, so that's what's important to me.
  • Rissy3636
    Rissy3636 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm 5"10-11 and my first goal is 190, with my ultimate goal to be decided. I weigh 244 currently. I know I will be fairly happy with 190 but would love to get down past that. Right now my BMI is 34 and going down to 180 I would be about 25, which is slightly higher than healthy range. I think 170-175 will be my ultimate goal.
  • Rissy3636
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and my goal is 170ish. I'm currently 240.... I've seen tall girls look amazing at 200 pounds, and other tall girls look great at 130. It depends on you... Also I suspect the girls who looked good at higher weights did a lot of weight training.

When I was in high school, my doctor told me that 190 was totally acceptable for someone my height (I played basketball). I thought she was nuts, and I think she might have been trying to boost my self esteem to avoid disordered eating. But anyway. looking back, she was right. I looked pretty darn good at 185.

mybodygallery.com is a decent place to look, to see how different weights look on different people.

We are at nearly the same place. I weighed 180 my first year of college and looking at pics of myself I looked great! I think 170 will be my ultimate goal, because I still had a jiggly tummy at 180, although I would take that in a heartbeat, lol. I definitely will have some lean muscle mass because I lift weights.
  • emancipateurself
    emancipateurself Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'0 and my goal is around 190 pds. Currently hovering in the 215 range....It all depends on your frame as well and how you feel. Some people that are this tall have small frames, I am not one of those.
  • k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    Options
    I am new to this journey and am almost 6 feet tall. I currently weight about 291 and have lost about 7 lbs. since last week Sunday since taking MFP seriously. I have a goal of about 185 to 188 lbs. Is this realistic or is it too high or low? Also does anyone have a success story they can share for someone about my height and weight?

Shedding 103 - 106 lb@2lb a week at most, recommended by MFP, translates to 51 weeks (+/-) is a good place to work towards. You don't seem to have any outside factors affecting the reasoning behind your weightloss, so you're more fortunate in that regard, where you can reassess once you've reached your 188lb goal weight.

There's no blue print to suit everyone. It is not about whether we think 188 is too much or too low for you; It should be about where you feel comfortable in your body. It's about how your fat distribution sits on your body; Where you want it off from; Where your fat chooses to come off from first to last; You can reach 188 or even 185 and still carry fat where you do not wish it to be. At that moment you will obviously choose to shed more bad fat, once you've reached your desired weight. IF at 185 - 188 you have achieved your ideal body, then stop.

106lb isn't easy to lose. It's a lot of work. A lot of discipline. A lot of sacrifice. Weeks with some results and some with no movement whatsoever (not the scale, not the tape measure, not the photos and not the clothes ~ minimum checks), but you have to find it from within yourself to stick to it and push through ~ despite!! It's 106lb ~ it will not just come off; You can't will it off, as you know of your recently lost 7lbs. And it's just not about coming off ~ It has to stay off!!
  • Rissy3636
    Options
    Hiya, totally struggling, no weight lost, eating 1400-1500 calories, but one says I should eat 2230 ??

weighed myself and no weight lost, which I don't understand,

im 6ft 1, does anyone know hoe much I should be eating - pleaseeeee

It is different for everyone depending on your activity level and so forth. I'm currently eating 1800-1900 calories and I've lost about a pound a week with that so far. I'm 5ft 10in and I workout about 3-4 times a week (but didn't at first).
  • Bells89
    Bells89 Posts: 19
    Options
    I'm somewhere betwen 5'11 and 6'0. I started at 210lb in August, I saw a picture of myself and almost started crying. All fall I tried to start getting active but didn't do so well. Ended up weighing about 197 lb around christmas, still 10lb but that took me 4 months haha. This week I weighed in at 173 and I'm starting to feel really good about myself. I'd like to get to somewhere around 150-160 which I think would look good on me. I've been down to 145 before and I looked horrible, but then again I didn't have any muscle and just looked bony. I think it's so fascinating how women the same height all look so different at different weights. Some girls look great at 180 or 200, whereas others can weigh 130 and not look at all sick like I did.

Keep going strong tall ladies!!
  • Rissy3636
    Options
    oh and I just found this calculator!, super easy and takes into account your frame size :)
    http://www.divine.ca/en/ideal-weight-calculator/c_317/?spfb=like

Thanks! That was very helpful. I always figured I have a large frame, but that just proved it. :)
  • juliejules134
    juliejules134 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    6 foot 3 here. My goal is anywhere between 185-195. I have a ways to go but I know I will be rockin out by then. :) Keep up the good work and nice to know so many tall girls are out there! :)
  • bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    i am 5'10" currently weighing in at 200lbs (down from 224lbs) and my goal weight is around 170/175lbs
  • Footballgirl83
    Options
    I'm 5' 10". My highest weight was 276. I'm currently at 254. I'm working in small goals. So my next goal is 240.
  • jmccurdy10
    Options
    Depending on who measures me I fall anywhere between 5'10" and 6'... Either the weight I am carrying around is pulling down that or I am shrinking.. maybe both.. gravity can be funny.

My goal number is 175. I am more going on size goal and how I feel... If I get down that low.. great... I started at 275 (and at my heaviest a few years ago was 284), if i get anywhere close to that but am comfortably in my goal size (14) then thats fine with me. I have always been a curvy girl and hope to always be. :)

When I was younger in my early 20's I was about 145 lbs. I know theres no getting back there because I actually have muscle and streghtn now. :)

I try to focus on the 10% chunks. But seriously... who doesnt have a little mini party in their own head when the scale goes down even a little...
  • beastiebaker
    beastiebaker Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies!

I started using MFP in the second week of January. I have logged in like clockwork everyday, charting everything. I've lost 30 pounds so far. Now, to my real point...

I started out at 203. I'm 5'10" and am naturally muscular. My original goal weight was 150, but as I learned how I liked to workout, I figured out that weightlifting not only complements my frame, but makes my body look completely different at whatever number I've had in mind. I'm currently at 173, which is roughly what I weighed when I got married two-and-a-half years ago - but I look so much better. The weights have made this 173 so much healthier than my wedding 173.

What I'm trying to say is this: ultimately, your weight is just a number. What you need to really consider are things like your cardiovascular endurance, your muscular development, your blood pressure and heart rate, but MOST OF ALL: how your body FEELS, not necessarily how it LOOKS. I still have days when my mirror upsets me, but I still know that I FEEL amazing.

It's about changing your perspective re: your own interpretation of your body. Your body has to feel good and like it is yours, and then your goals for how it looks will be healthy and realistic and make you happier than you thought they could.

Good luck ladies, keep it in beast mode! :tongue:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!