Weight Goals for women between 5 feet 11 and 6 feet tall.

Options

Replies

• amanda6564
    amanda6564 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I am 6' exactly and weigh 320 lbs. My goal is 200lbs, but I am prepared to change that number depending on the way that my body looks. I use to think that losing a ton of weight would make me look funny because I have a large frame, but I have lost 89 pounds and feel amazing. I also look normal. I still need to lose more weight, but for now my overall goal is 200lbs.

Good Luck on your weight loss journey and please add me. :)
  • RunFarLiveHappy
    RunFarLiveHappy Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    5'10" (I know the OP says 5'11-6'0 but I figured I'd post anyway)
    Medium/Large frame
    SW: 300#
    CW: 189#
    GW: 170#
    Long term goal: 160-170# depending on BF% and clothing size once I get to 170!
    Strong not skinny!
  • kelmcfar
    kelmcfar Posts: 63
    Options
    hey! I'm 5'11 my highest weight was 216 my current weight is 173 my goal weight is 155. ALMOST THERE!
  • Shari325
    Shari325 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    oh and I just found this calculator!, super easy and takes into account your frame size :)
    http://www.divine.ca/en/ideal-weight-calculator/c_317/?spfb=like

This calculator can be deceiving. 50# ago it would have said I was small to medium framed, not it says I am large framed. As I gained weight, my wrists and fingers have gotten bigger. I think the medium frame is accurate.

I am 5' 11' - 6' 0" (depending on who is measuring me) I currently weigh about 323. My highest weight (before MFP) was 380. I lost down to 230 and gained back up to 340.
    My goal is 185, my dietician says 150. I think I will be too thin at 150. I weighed 185 at 20 when I got married, I looked good at that weight. Ultimately, I will stop when I feel I am at a good weight.

ETA: The calculator states I should weigh 171-186
  • landmsmommy
    landmsmommy Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I am 5 10 and currently at 168 25.6% body fat, I got down to 154 and it was to small and hard to maintain. I now have more muscle and feel great where I am at, I am a size 8 and medium btw :) Sounds reasonable.
  • landmsmommy
    landmsmommy Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I am 5 10 and currently at 168 25.6% body fat, I got down to 154 and it was to small and hard to maintain. I now have more muscle and feel great where I am at, I am a size 8 and medium btw :) Sounds reasonable.
  • layapooh15
    layapooh15 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10 at 185 but feel kinda fat still hah but I'm getting better but my goal weight is about 150-160 with muscles :)
  • savannahrsmallwood
    Options
    I'm 6'0 and I currently weigh 265. My goal weight is 185 and I am having a hard time getting motivated enough to start a hard core diet and work out! I have been reading a lot of the posts on here and there have been so many amazing weight loss stories! I have FINALLY decided enough is enough and I need to put everything I have into loosing weight! Thank you all for putting your stories on here for everyone to read!
  • hot2def
    hot2def Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    BUMP! I'm tall also!
  • kindasortachewy
    kindasortachewy Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    Love all the tall women!!

I am 5'11 - I started at 213

I am down to 181

My first goal is to get to 160 and see how I feel

I think I would like to be 149.
  • cinrn68
    cinrn68 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and started at 220. I'm now at 173 and I feel so much better, but my ultimate goal is to get to 150 and see how it feels. I weighed 145-150 until I was about 23, then put on pounds and pounds until I hit 30. I was around 190, then I had 2 kids, 4 years apart. Between "reward" eating (I'm a nurse, so whenever I had a bad day, I would eat. Heck, even if I had a "good" day, I would eat!!) and not exercising, I ended up at 220 by December 2012. I decided that 2013 would be THE year that I took charge of my health, weight, and fitness and have not looked back. I'm more fit now than I was in my late 20's and I feel fantastic. I'm now finally at a "normal" BMI, but I still have 23 lbs to go to get to my goal. Like some of the others have said, it's not so much about the number as it is about feeling happy at whatever weight "suits" you. Good luck! You can do it!!
  • Jlennhikes
    Jlennhikes Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    It seems to be very individual. I'm always surprised at how differently people carry weight. Do you want to be slim and healthy or hottie skinny? (which I've never been in my life ... well, maybe when I was 17 ;) I'm 5'10", and I'm happy at 160, thrilled at 155.
  • wbandel
    wbandel Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11", started at 247, now I'm at 166. My goal was originally to get to 165, now I may try to lose 5-10 more lbs depending on how I look. Really I just wanna lower my bodyfat percentage at this point.

OneYearFrontampSide_zpsc36b9042.jpg

This is a photo of the progress I made being on here a year.
  • djsmommie
    Options
    I'm 5'10 /5'10 1/2 , I started at 256 & I am now at 230 ..my goal for right now is 200 , sounds crazy I know . The weight I'd love getting down to and eventually will is 180 . ( :
  • Glamazon90
    Glamazon90 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11 and currently about 250. The time I remember really liking my body was high school and I was about 170 back then. So that's my goal but I will see how I feel when I start dropping the pounds :) I was 210 when I started college and I looked alright just had pretty big thighs lol.
  • Glamazon90
    Glamazon90 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11", started at 247, now I'm at 166. My goal was originally to get to 165, now I may try to lose 5-10 more lbs depending on how I look. Really I just wanna lower my bodyfat percentage at this point.

OneYearFrontampSide_zpsc36b9042.jpg

This is a photo of the progress I made being on here a year.

You look great!!!
  • NatashaB8
    NatashaB8 Posts: 202
    Options
    I am 6'0" and started about 177lbs. I thought I would look great by 160 but I am on 162 and have a long way to go.

I have a healthy BMI and have started strength training to lose the body fat as thats what concerns me more these days, staying away from the scales!
  • saschka7
    saschka7 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and I'm most comfortable between 140 and 145. I have a small frame. I would be okay weighing more if it's muscle.

Me too. My sister, mother and I are all 5'10" and all have different size frames.

I have a medium frame and am most comfortable around 140 and 145, but my mother who is large-boned with broad shoulders looked anorexic when she was 145 and then my sister, who has a small frame, looked lumpy at 145!

I myself topped out at 176 and looked and felt absolutely horrible.
  • lastspen
    lastspen Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'0" and I'm working to get to 175. However if I'm happy with my look, I'm willing to stop anywhere under 200.
  • hisushi87
    Options
    Hey guys I'm new here but decided it was time to make the changes to my body I've always wanted, at the beginning of the summer I was 180 pounds at 5'11 which is almost overweight for my height. I've been gently increasing my exercise and watching what I eat particularly in the evenings and have managed to get myself down to 165 pounds. My goal weight is 155 though I might get there and decide I want to be 150 if it doesn't make me look too skinny.
    Good luck everyone you all look fantastic, it's very inspiring!
    xxx
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!