how often do you weigh yourself?

Options
124»

Replies

• HeavyLiftGirl
    HeavyLiftGirl Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    Every Friday. I like to do it like this so all week I have something to look forward to. Very motivating.
  • Bookers23
    Bookers23 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Everyday, multiple times a day but officially on Sunday's. I like to see the tiny fluctuations so that I can really see the difference all foods make, whether it be high sodium or not. Over the course of time I can see which foods effect me most and have been able to modify as needed for great success. The scale is a great tool for me, keeps me motivated and educated about my body. I don't care about a two pound increase one day because from experience I know why it happened as well as when it will be off.
  • kathymillard1970
    Options
    I used to weigh myself everyday, but it drove me crazy now I weigh myself every Saturday.
  • nicolio8699
    nicolio8699 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    everyday! i will literally balloon up 6 or 7 lbs for whatever reason some days---but it keeps me on my toes. and i know better than to freak out too much about it. i only track my weight, however, once-ish a month if there is a difference:)
  • Takarameri
    Takarameri Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily and keep a spreadsheet and graph with a trend-line. I try not to worry about the fluctuations and pay more attention to the trend-line. I also measure with a tape measure every two-four weeks.
  • rlmadrid
    rlmadrid Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I seem to have fallen into a trap of weighing myself everyday, one day the scales will tell me something different to the next (either more or less).

How often should i be weighing myself?

Thanks.

I do this too! I love knowing how food, water, and exercise cause variation in my day-to-day weight. However, I check in once a week. That way I get to see a trend.
  • Longisland2NC
    Longisland2NC Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I would like to get myself back to weighing once a week (like I did on WW) ....I found I would not get discouraged if I did not see the scale move daily.....but the temptation to get on the scale every morning (it STARES AT ME on the bathroom floor) it so tough to resist!!! so I think I may put it away, and just bring it out for a weekly weigh in! ~K
  • Schmelvie
    Schmelvie Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every day, and I log it in a spreadsheet with a graph. I can deal with the dips and spikes with no problem. What's really motivating to me is when I see the graph consistently trending downward over time. It makes fluctuations seem non-existent when you're looking at a long term graph. It was so motivating to me that I actually used this strategy for three years straight as I worked up to an Ironman in 2005. Now that was a great looking graph!