30 day shred friends!

Options

Replies

• Laurie1267
    Laurie1267 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I started yesterday. Me and Jillian already dont like eachother....

During the punching sequence, aim for her face :laugh:

Starting Level 2 Day 1 today. Love the workout feeling afterward.

Good luck!
  • mindiek2
    mindiek2 Posts: 21
    Options
    I started it a week ago today so tonite I am going to tackle Day 7 Level 1. I am switching over to level 2 in 4 days and I am a little nervous! I am so determined to stick with this I am even taking my video and weights to the lake to get my workout in on the weekend :)
  • mondesa
    mondesa Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I got thru about 20 days and hurt my knee so i had to take a break I will be starting back in the next few days feel free to add me, It is a tough workout!
  • JillABeaN25
    JillABeaN25 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    To the girls who have the big boob issues: I feel ya! I have been a DD my whole life and two or even three sports bras used to be required to work out without my chest hurting from extra bounce/movement. The answer: Moving Comfort sports bras. They're on Amazon. They're not cheap (between $30-$60) but they are hands down the BEST sports bras I have ever used. I only need one, they last forever, and they hold you in place! There's no uniboob issues, no embarrassing extra bounce, and your balance is better for it!
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I just finished Day 5 level 1 last night. The pushups totally kill me, and I hate the side lunges in the 3rd circuit, but overall it's definitely a good workout. I am trying to keep up with my "other" workouts too and add some cardio. By the end of the week I'm exhausted! Last week I did the DVD Mon - Thurs, did weights and Zumba on Friday and took Sat/Sun off. This week, I'm going to try to do the DVD Mon - Fri (or Sat if I'm not dying). Next week I should be starting level 2 on Mon/Tues.

I think it's a good, effective workout, but I will say that I still love Chalene best. :lol:
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    To the girls who have the big boob issues: I feel ya! I have been a DD my whole life and two or even three sports bras used to be required to work out without my chest hurting from extra bounce/movement. The answer: Moving Comfort sports bras. They're on Amazon. They're not cheap (between $30-$60) but they are hands down the BEST sports bras I have ever used. I only need one, they last forever, and they hold you in place! There's no uniboob issues, no embarrassing extra bounce, and your balance is better for it!

OMG, YES!! Moving Comfort makes the *best* bras. I got mine when they went on sale at ****'s, probably 3-4 years ago and they are still going strong. They totally make everything stay put. Well worth the $$.
  • MsDac
    MsDac Posts: 2
    Options
    Totally starting tomorrow! I've done it a week here or there over the past year or so but have never made it the full 30 days. I'm a newbie on the site (as you can tell by the missing photo), just joined yesterday! Would love to have new friends!

JillABeaN25 thanks for the Moving Comfort suggestion!
  • Janerf1
    Janerf1 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Today will be L1D3 for me. This is my 3rd attempt. I was doing it for like 10 days straight at level1 then I'd get bored and give up or get distracted with other challenges. This time I'm following her to a T! You're supposed to do 2 days shred, 1 day cardio, 2 days shred, 1 day cardio, and then a rest day I believe? Then start level 2. It says it somewhere on the video.

But yes I'm going to do this.

I didn't even realise this was how it was supposed to work! Make no wonder my muscles were in bits last week! lol had a rather long weekend, so I will be starting again tomorrow, although I don't have hand weights I just use jars from the cupboard! Anyone who's on level 2 or 3 do you need hand weights? I mean for the exercise cause I don't want the jars to break and end up with curry & chicken sauce everywhere :-D
  • juliemarie911
    Options
    starting today!!!!!!!!!!! let's do this together!
    :)
    julie
  • emilypurplefrog
    emilypurplefrog Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'm wanting to start in a few weeks. I have the DVD and I've attempted to do Week 1 Day 1 and was unsuccessful at continuing, but I would like to try again very soon!
  • amanda8o
    amanda8o Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I've been doing it everyday the only day I missed so far was when my daughter fractured her arm cause I was in the ER most of the night,other than that it's been every day along with my regular Turbo Jam and strength training and I haven't had any problems,and have seen great progress.I think it's all about how you feel,if you need a break take one,it's a personal thing and you have to decide what your body is telling you.
  • nicholerenee82
    Options
    I'm beginning 30 day shred tonight :) Please add me. I would love to have others I can keep track of progress with. All about motivation :)
  • linzoz
    linzoz Posts: 5
    Options
    I'm on day 6 of the Shred. The pushups are a bit of a joke, but I am getting better at them. As a big breasted gal myself, trust me when I tell you to get yourself a heavy duty compression bra and you won't end up with two black eyes after each jumping jack. : )
  • linzoz
    linzoz Posts: 5
    Options
    I finished day 8 this morning, finally finished the whole workout without resting or anything. keep pushing it guys and gals it will get easier. The jumprope was the hardest for me to conquer in level 1, so hard to keep jumping!!

watch when jillian is talking to the blonde while they are doing the bicep curl lunge things, the other girl in the background cheats and stops lunging but keeps doing the bicep curls :)

HAHAHA! I totally saw that a couple of days before. Big cheater.
  • lunchlady1208
    Options
    I'm on day 2.....
    The first day was tough but I did it...today was harder...Oh....my arms and thighs!!!! lol But it is a good lame, so I'm psyched!!!
    PLEASE! Anyone to support and motivate, feel free to add me!! I'm usually on several times a day.
  • mixtaplix
    mixtaplix Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Gonna get going (again) on it tonight. This time, no rest days unless absolutely necessary. They seemed to turn into rest weekends, and then the excuses started. This time, pushing through! Anyone, feel free to add me!
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Hey all.. I finished Day 1 Level 1 last night and I was BEAT!. This workout is no joke and I cant wait to build more stamina. I had no idea you were supposed to do 2 days shred and 1 day cardio with a rest. I am gonna probably mix this up with my Kinect Dance Central. Feel free to add me!! I can use ALL the support I can get. :happy: :smokin:
  • maybaby90
    maybaby90 Posts: 8
    Options
    How do you guys log your exercise for the 30DS?
  • 80Ben
    80Ben Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Today will be L1D3 for me. This is my 3rd attempt. I was doing it for like 10 days straight at level1 then I'd get bored and give up or get distracted with other challenges. This time I'm following her to a T! You're supposed to do 2 days shred, 1 day cardio, 2 days shred, 1 day cardio, and then a rest day I believe? Then start level 2. It says it somewhere on the video.

But yes I'm going to do this.

I didn't even realise this was how it was supposed to work! Make no wonder my muscles were in bits last week! lol had a rather long weekend, so I will be starting again tomorrow, although I don't have hand weights I just use jars from the cupboard! Anyone who's on level 2 or 3 do you need hand weights? I mean for the exercise cause I don't want the jars to break and end up with curry & chicken sauce everywhere :-D

it's not... you do level 1 every day for 10 days, then level 2 for 10 days, then level 3 for 10 days.

I just did L1D2... it was a bit easier than yesterday, but I'm a bit more sore. I went for a run before, and I'm actually looking forward to tomorrow's workout!
  • tdtobin
    tdtobin Posts: 1
    Options
    I am starting tonight. Really excited to see the results. Need all the support I can get, feel free to add me :smile: