Coffee

Options
How do you make your coffee where its not loaded with sugar and cream? Or if you don't drink coffee what do you drink in the mornings?

Replies

• ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    I drink iced coffee with two tablespoons of half and half every morning. I don't drink sweetened coffee but if I did, I'd add a teaspoon of sugar (15 calories I think) or some liquid stevia. Even with the sugar and half and half, that's only 55-60 calories.
  • NataschaMarie333
    NataschaMarie333 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Honestly...I prefer my coffee cold, so some sugar free flavor shots and skim milk makes for the perfect cup for me<3

But, I'm sure there's got to be sugar free creamers out there. Sometimes when I do drink my coffee hot, some skim milk and a truvia packet is what I'll use.
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    when I drink coffee I just add a splash of milk. so it's not a ton of sugar being added.

During the summer I don't drink coffee, I switch to energy drinks. But they get pricey.
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    Coffee is a requirement for me. I add 1 cup of steamed 1% milk, 1/2Tbsp vanilla syrup, and a few packets of sweet a low.

I guess I'm really have coffee with my foofoo, not the other way around.
  • HisPathDaily
    HisPathDaily Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Hmm ... not going to be helpful here. Can't imagine drinking it with anything in it! One time I grabbed my wife's thermos by accident (as hers has sugar and cream) and thought I was going to gag! lol ...

It's just not my thing ... I drink it black.

Speaking of which ... that sounds good right about now for a post-lunch cup :)
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    I'll be of no help -- I give into the coffee monster almost every morning -- 1/4 cup half and half, 2-3 teaspoons of sugar.

I hate sugar substitutes in warm beverages (love them in cold) and I live for full fat dairy. :drinker:
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I like to have hot coffee, but (since it is summer) I've been freezing my coffee in ice trays and using them as the ice in an 8-12oz glass of light soy or almond milk. Gives me a bit more nutritional value and less sugar/fat/cream etc.
  • snelly62
    snelly62 Posts: 2
    Options
    I just drink really nice coffee. I started just having a double espresso in the morning or a long black - 0 calories. Or just a splash of skimmed milk, still very low caloric content, but so necessary as I looove coffee :)
  • SuperAmie
    SuperAmie Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I add a bit of milk so it's not black.. yuM!
  • mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    sweet n low ( dont shoot me, that's all we have @ work...OK I will bring the stevia drops tomorrow)
    fat free non dairy creamer (powder....Yes I know it has explosive components)
    Keurig....amazing. :)

can't have cream (tummy)

So my coffee is less than 30 cals.
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    I don't drink sweetened coffee. I think that this is an aquired thing. I just got used to not having it sweet and now can not tolerate sugar in it.
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    Coffee, 1.3 cup 2% milk, 1 tsp sugar...that's it.

I used to make it light and sweet but I knew it was too much so I'd start taking away a tsp of sugar every week to get used to it. Took 3 weeks. I'm good now!

:flowerforyou:
  • fabandfunat51
    fabandfunat51 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I LOVE COFFEE!!!!!

I have 3 cups in the am for a total of like 35 calories! I use a powdered creamer (look for extra creamy!) - maybe a total of 3 treaspoons and I use a little sugar free Torani Syrup, either vanilla, hazelnut or caramel as the sweetener.

Delish!
  • ambate2
    ambate2 Posts: 61
    Options
    Every morning I take a pint glass (one my hubby got from a local brewery) and put 1/2cup skim milk in it. I then fill the rest up w/ coffee (we make ours kinda strong). That is it. No flavorings, no sugar.
  • GnochhiGnomes
    GnochhiGnomes Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    How do you make your coffee where its not loaded with sugar and cream? Or if you don't drink coffee what do you drink in the mornings?

I just drink plain water or green tea in the morning.
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Hmm ... not going to be helpful here. Can't imagine drinking it with anything in it! One time I grabbed my wife's thermos by accident (as hers has sugar and cream) and thought I was going to gag! lol ...

It's just not my thing ... I drink it black.

Speaking of which ... that sounds good right about now for a post-lunch cup :)

^^^This is what I am saying ^^^ Sweet coffee is like drinking syrup.
  • jenaissance
    jenaissance Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    sugar free chocolate creamer is yummy, or a bit of milk and a teaspoon of raw honey
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Espresso made with very good coffee beans (or use a French press). I have to drink bad coffee with half and half and one sugar, but it's only 35 calories.

I also love Tangerine Zinger and Honey Lemon Ginseng Green Tea - hot or cold.

When I was pregnant and gave up everything, I drank steamed hot milk with a touch of ground nutmeg. Very relaxing.
  • woodsygirl
    woodsygirl Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I drink it black, but buy the flavored stuff. ;)
  • cheerforsteelers
    cheerforsteelers Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I do iced unsweetened coffee with a little bit of nonfat milk. Does it for me every time.