Coffee

Options

Replies

• ekking69
    ekking69 Posts: 44
    Options
    I will NOT give up my coffee for any diet. I'm using the vanilla creamer by whoever is on sale. :) As long as you don't overdo how much you use, you should be fine.

I've used the low fat and sugar free varieties and find I use more of the low fat to compensate, so what's the point in that? And the sugar free kind give me headaches. I do love Stevia as a sweetener. It's the only one that DOESN'T give me a headache. So there's a natural sugar free substitute you could use to cut out the sugar calories.

I've tried doing tea in the morning before, when I'm doing a really restrictive diet, but it just doesn't cut it for me. It's gotta be coffee.
  • GymBunnyDG
    GymBunnyDG Posts: 31
    Options
    I drink my coffee with Soya instead of milk, and sweetner or natural honey instead of sugar. Soya tastes great, low cal and high in vits and calcium, also has a good protein content also. Fab alternative to milk. I also use it in my oatmeal. You can even get light soya!
  • Missy0224
    Missy0224 Posts: 29
    Options
    I drink a lot of coffee. Nestle makes a liquid sugar free caramel machiatto creamer. 1 tablesoon is 15 cal 1 gram of fat and 2 carbs. I also add 1 sweet n low or truvia packet to it.
  • cowgirlup327
    cowgirlup327 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Try changing up the type of coffee you get - various sources/countries, flavors, etc. Some have their own natural sweetness (Sumatra is usually good for that). I add 1-2 tablespoons of half-and-half and no sugar. I used to use fat free half-and-half, but reading Michael Pollan's "Food Rules" changed that for me. I'd also suggest that if you want sugar, try the evaporated cane sugar or Sugar in the Raw rather than the processed white sugar or a fake sugar substitute. A small amount of the real deal is going to be better for you in the long run than eating lots of unnatural products (just my opinion). Honey is also an alternative to sugar as a sweetener for coffee and even better, raw honey naturally has antibacterial properties.
  • MelisRunning
    MelisRunning Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    I drink my coffee STRONG and black! Creamer and sweetener is for sissies! :drinker:
  • jazzedorange
    jazzedorange Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    It all depends. I have a bunch of different creamers in my fridge. I can do the sugar free but my husband can't :smile: SO...
    I use a splash of sugar free creamer (What ever flavor I'm feeling for the day) and that's it... about 35 calories. Sometimes if I need it a little sweeter, I'll use a half of a packet of TRUVIA no calorie sugar. It is the best tasting out of all of the sugars substitues!
  • danfan1972
    danfan1972 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    In summer, I make my own iced. I add a little sugar to the hot coffee, then cool it and keep in the fridge.
    Then pour over ice, then I add unsweetened almond milk or 2% milk. Almond milk is thicker than 2% so a nicer consistency in the iced coffee.
  • GnochhiGnomes
    GnochhiGnomes Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I like my coffee like I like my presidents: Tall - Hot - Black.

Although I can not speak to Barack's hotness: We can not deny that he is tall and black.

:laugh: :drinker:

Actually I think I would add a bit of milk to that coffee. :drinker:
  • macjenkins
    macjenkins Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Coffee Mate has sugar free creamers. I LOVE the sugar free french vanilla and peppermint mocha.
  • allisonmrn
    allisonmrn Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    I have a Kuerig-so my morning coffee consists of 1 K-cup REVV and 1 K-cup of Kahlua flavor coffee mixed with 4 drops of liquid stevia extract. YUMMMMM
  • katiekrusher
    katiekrusher Posts: 143
    Options
    Black :drinker:
  • hlandry6
    hlandry6 Posts: 230
    Options
    I just add flavored coffee mate 1 TBS and i am good to go!
  • MtnKat
    MtnKat Posts: 714
    Options
    Splenda with a teaspoon of chocolate creamer.

I just include it in my calories....I can't stand it any other way...I tried lol.
  • katiekrusher
    katiekrusher Posts: 143
    Options
    Creamer and sweetener is for sissies! :drinker:

Cheers to that!
  • RMCoffey
    RMCoffey Posts: 27
    Options
    This is a great idea - Off to freeze some coffee :happy:
  • Kathy53925
    Kathy53925 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    BIG (22 oz) mug, 18 oz of coffee and 3 TBLS of Coffeemate creamer. I have not used sugar in my coffee since I was 17. :)
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I like my coffee the same way I like my women - bitter and murky.
  • nade0069
    nade0069 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    i drink mine black
  • GnochhiGnomes
    GnochhiGnomes Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Strange. I never knew people put cream or 'creamer' in their coffee. I guess its an American thing.
  • pichild
    pichild Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    1 mug coffee. 2 Tbsp fat free creamer, 1/2 pack truvia, 1/2 Tbsp sugar. 88 calories