Options
TaniaCorric
TaniaCorric Posts: 51 Member
what do u do withyour PB2?

Replies

• sparklelioness
    sparklelioness Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Look at it guiltily everytime i go in the kitchen?

I bought some a month ago from Amazon, was so excited to get it, but now it just sits on a shelf. I did try it, and i like how it tastes, i just never seem to USE it. Would love to get some ideas from people who use it often.
  • whamann1
    whamann1 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Forgive me, but what is PB2?
  • sparklelioness
    Options
    PB2 is made from peanuts that have most of the fat squeezed out of them. Its a natural proccess, no chemicals or weirdness involved. Its sold as a powder that you can either use dry in recipes or add water to to make your own peanut butter. Two tbs has 45 cals, whereas two tbs of peanut butter has 180. It can be bought on Netrition's site. It tastes pretty good.
  • elka67
    elka67 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I wasn't sure what to do with it either and so far have only added it to 0% greek yogurt but imagine you could add to any cake/biscuit/cereal/cream cheese/milk shakes. Perhaps curries?
  • NoWeighJose74
    NoWeighJose74 Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    I use the chocolate PB2 and mix it up a little on the watery side, then drizzle it over my protein pancakes.
  • sparklelioness
    Options
    That sounds good... I think I might order the chocolate one today.
  • jwillie76
    jwillie76 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm bumping this because I'm wondering too. I have 2 jars.
  • xcrunnergirl13
    xcrunnergirl13 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    It's really good stirred into oatmeal
  • kabarnes45
    kabarnes45 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I smoosh it into a banana. Save 150 cals and dont miss the creaminess (much).
  • BiggGrizz
    BiggGrizz Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I just had it this morning in a green smoothie with bananas and almond milk. Its a great compliment to the banana in the shake.
  • kateanne27
    kateanne27 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I use it in smoothies, mix it up and spread on apples, I also sprinkle it occasionally on frozen yogurt as a topping lol
  • russellma
    russellma Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I just got some last week and ... this is going to sound terribly sinful to some... but, I mixed it into my homemade chocolate ice cream to make chocolate peanut butter ice cream! It turned out really good!

Otherwise, I haven't experimented much with it yet. I did mix a little with water so that my girls and I could taste test it, and it was good alone, too! So, I'm thinking it would be good in banana smoothies and also for dipping apples and bananas, especially since it's not as sticky as regular PB.
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    Put it on an English Muffin :)
  • Skeels
    Skeels Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    I use it in my chocolate protein shakes.......love it
  • mellabyte
    mellabyte Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Mix it with greek yogurt and dip fruit in it. It's a good post or pre workout snack for me. Protein + healthy sugars.

Drop it in smoothies as a "protein powder".

Use it for the filling in homemade dark chocolate pb cups.

Hell. Anywhere I would use regular peanut butter.
  • _HeathBar_
    _HeathBar_ Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    1. Think of anything you would put peanut butter on.
    2. Put PB2 on it instead.
    3. ???
    4. Profit
  • lesita75
    lesita75 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried PB2 yet, but a simple google search of "PB2 recipes" brings up some good ones. This one is from the maker of PB2

http://bellplantation.com/recipes
  • elka67
    elka67 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I just had it this morning in a green smoothie with bananas and almond milk. Its a great compliment to the banana in the shake.

This sounds great, will have to try it.
  • 4myhealth77
    4myhealth77 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I put 2 Tbsp in my protein shake, or I put 2 Tbsp in 1/2 cup of plain greek yogurt along with 1 scoop of chocolate protein shake mix (sooo good), or I put it in my oatmeal. Its really very good as long as its mixed in something, but plain mixed with water doesnt do it for me.
  • NaurielR
    NaurielR Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I mix the PB2 with one tablespoon of cocoa powder, a packet of truvia, mix in some water so that its a bit on the runny side, and then dip a banana in it. Oh. My. Word. Its like dipping a banana in a liquid reese's peanut butter cup.