a special kind of fat that won't go with dieting...

Options

Replies

• lunchlady1208
    Options
    "Oh, I've got this medical condition [...]"

Me too, it's called I-love-food-and-sleep-ness. It's a horrible, horrible thing.... :sick:

You have that too?? They should make a cream for that or something.

Maybe there is an injection for it.....cause I have it too!!!
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    How did you manage to keep a straight face?

It is sad though how many people are happy, almost proud, of having a label for a condition (correct or otherwise) so it becomes a burden they are so strong for living with rather than something they should work on to better themselves.
    It took a LOT of effort not to burst out laughing, but I just smiled.

Had it been one of my colleagues and I was part of the group, I might not have been so reticent.

I know there are medical conditions and certainly some ethnic groups are pre-disposed to fat retention, but this was a Caucasian, English woman who I had previously passed in the corridor on the way to my room. She was in a sleeveless dress and I could see from her arms that she had the typical signs of someone who was overweight, but not morbidly obese. She was taller than average - she was about 3-6" taller than me - and I'd say that she was maybe a UK size 16. And of course she and her colleagues were knocking back drinks like there was no tomorrow. I had 1 large glass of white wine in the time they had about 3-4 rounds of drinks!

As my dear old dad would say...there but for the grace of God go I" :happy:
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    too many stupid people

/twitch
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    What in the sam hell....
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    ::face palm::
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    this is kind of off topic... but lately i find myself seeing obese people and feeling really bad for them.. I've been getting an urge to carry little MFP cards and kindly slip them one and kind of try to in-a-nutshell-but-without-the-kindness- get them to WISE UP. THat's not what I mean out loud of course... I mean how do you kindly suggest someone could be happier with another view, another outlook, an option that's worked for me... without appearing negative, nasty, condescending or rude? I love the fact that there are old/fat/ partially crippled people at the gym trying to improve their health. The ones I see struggling to stay upright while waiting for a bus might be on a plan, or they might feel hopeless or not know an alternate plan exists and I have an urge to 'help.' I know I can't butt in like that, but I just wanted to put it out there that it's crossed my mind... So Kyle, I'm not sure I could have restrained myself... it would have depended on my mood (and probably on whether or not I'd had a few cocktails.) end of stray thought.
    I must admit, when I see fat kids I want to scream at them and their parents. But it's not that easy and I'm not that brave.

One of my very best friend's grandson is 11 yrs old and has gone from a skinny kid to a chunky chump. It worries me when I see him so big at such a young age as it reminds me of how I was at that age. His mum & dad who I love dearly are both normal weight - there isn't an oz of fat on his dad who is naturally skinny and his mum lost a lot of weight herself after having kids and she keeps herself trim. I know he could hit puberty and lose it all - just as his brother has - so maybe I'm worrying unnecessarily. But as I was a fat kid, who has always had body-dismorphia issues and went from a normal size in my 20s and ended up as a really fat 30/40-something, I can't help but worry. :ohwell:
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    hahahahahaha WOW!!! People will believe anything so that they do not have to work out.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    hahahahahaha WOW!!! People will believe anything so that they do not have to work out.

is an epidemic even on this website.
  • soehlerking
    soehlerking Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    awww this is equal parts hilarious and sad...
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    :"I know this to be true because I just made it up."
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    LMAO.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    That's totally what I'm telling people from now on. "Oh I have this condition...."

Awesome.
  • atrjohnson
    atrjohnson Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I too know someone with this condition. She is not an obese woman. She is slightly overweight but there are parts of her body that are the normal size that she is and other parts where the "fat tissue" collects so to speak. Due to the way she dresses, she covers everything, you would not know it from looking at her. Most people assume she is just a slightly overweight woman but this is a real medical issue. Let's be careful before we judge anyone I don't care what I see them doing. My business is mine and theirs is theirs.
  • martymum
    martymum Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    nvm
  • csoda
    csoda Posts: 2
    Options
    Excuses are like adipose , most everyone has some! OMG Really lady?????
  • jennjay523
    jennjay523 Posts: 14
    Options
    That is what I call an excuse... Really???
  • HamsterNut
    HamsterNut Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    aps2011153f4.jpg

did she look like that?

Photo is of lipedema patients they cannot lose their fat in their areas where they are affected sadly just made an interested photo especially C with the really odd shaped distribution
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options

Hey!! I used my PCOS as an excuse for being so heavy for over three years!

Then I took a walk.

It's much easier to say you've "tried" everything than to actually "do" something.
  • mslack01
    mslack01 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    thank god! its just adipose fat. i can now go back to eating the entire Chili's menu in one sitting.