What's your favorite salad?

Options

Replies

• ronaldmcyd
    ronaldmcyd Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'll start with spinach, tomatoes, matchstick carrots, and cucumber

Then I'll add two of the following dark red kidney beans, sea salt and cracked pepper croutons, Sharp cheddar, or Italian Dressing
  • Kayletsgo
    Kayletsgo Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I awkwardly love simple salads.

Chopped chicken breast 100-200g, Iceberg lettuce, Cucumber and Tomatoes/ Capsicum. For the basic, yes, BASIC dressing, I use Balsamic Vinegar and some Olive Oil - Extra virgin.
  • papate
    papate Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    OOOOOOO, the best by far, tops, is Max & Erma Santa Fe Salad. I could eat it every day. Don't know if they got one where ever you are, if not, I am so sorry.....:sad:
  • countrygal2004
    countrygal2004 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Wow! Those salads sound amazing. Thank you everyone for sharing. I should not get bored now! I will start trying some of these right away! :happy:
  • wwk10
    wwk10 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Mixed greens
    Stinky cheese
    Fruit
    Crunch
    Balsamic glaze with no oil (Gia Russo at Publix is good and cheap)

1 oz blue cheese, pecans, strawberries
    1 oz feta, poached diced pears, walnuts
    1 oz cheddar, some canned pineapple, cruchy sesame sticks. (This is not a very good salad, but just wanted to show all you do is follow the general formula)
  • ShellyKay67
    ShellyKay67 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    spinach, craisins, sunflower seeds and a little cheese (usually cheddar or taco cheese)! SO good that I don't even usually add any dressing at all!
  • StressedChaos
    StressedChaos Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    lettuce, spinach, cheese, tomato, pineapple, broccoli, carrots
  • SportyLadyPhotographer
    Options
    bump
    I love salmon with nuts and lemon really tasty
  • WhatDoesLisa
    WhatDoesLisa Posts: 214
    Options
    Romaine lettuce mixed with herb salad, raw zucchini, yellow squash, kohlrabi, tiny, baby new potatoes, tiny turnips, fresh corn cut off the cob (not cooked, it only becomes a starch when cooked) and I chop up avocado, squeeze on lemon and salt and pepper and then toss it all together. I sometimes sprinkle on stevia and toss it around in the salad too.

This sounds nuts but the acidity of the lemon and the bit of sweet from the stevia is really good. And for some reason it cuts my need to have something sweet after lunch.

And thank heavens for the farmer's markets right now!
  • ChappyEight
    ChappyEight Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Field greens, green seedless grapes, turkey slices, baked apples, feta cheese, sliced celery pieces, with a honey lime dressing.
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    I am getting a little bored with my "same old, same old" salad and I need some new ideas. What's your favorite? Recipe?

Two that are super good.

1.) Avacados, pink grapefruit, red onion, spinach with an orange vinegarette

2.) Caprese salad: fresh mozzarella, tomatoes, fresh basil and I add cucumbers to mine. Drizzle with low fat balsamic dressing
  • redscylla
    redscylla Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I make a Spring Roll Salad that I love. It's basically all the ingredients of a spring roll in a bowl. Cold rice noodles, lettuce, cucumber, cilantro, shrimp, and hot peanut sauce. Yum!
  • cersela
    cersela Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Baby spinach as the greens, with cucumber, shredded carrots, alfalfa sprouts, green peas, broccoli, mushrooms, bean sprouts, sunflower seeds, and guacamole and/or salsa instead of dressing.
  • mnishi
    mnishi Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • beamer0821
    beamer0821 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    taco salad
    lettuce
    ground turkey or chicken cooked with a packet of taco seasoning
    tomato
    FF sour cream
    LF shredded cheese
    salsa
    jalapenos
    --sometimes if i have the extra allowance i add tortilla strips or chips broken up on top.

add any or all of your favorite "taco" toppings. its delish!
  • Amber393
    Amber393 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    I make a Spring Roll Salad that I love. It's basically all the ingredients of a spring roll in a bowl. Cold rice noodles, lettuce, cucumber, cilantro, shrimp, and hot peanut sauce. Yum!

That sounds fantastic!
  • Brittany3914
    Brittany3914 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Spinach
    Quartered or halved strawberries
    Roasted almonds
    Basamic vinegar

It's fresh, perfect for summer, and has a lot of flavor!
  • anneliesedykes
    Options
    Bump
  • PittShkr
    PittShkr Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    Tossed!
  • mslack01
    mslack01 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Spinach, shaved almonds, goat cheese, strawberries and raspberry vinaigrette...Yummy!

^^^^this...only with apples too and bleu cheese instead of goat cheese