stomachflu Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Big bowl of lettuce
    Chicken or hamburger cooked in taco seasoning
    mushrooms
    hard boiled egg
    tiny bit of cheese
    Topped with french fries
    Dressing as needed (I'm on a catalina kick *laff*)
  • laur4mar
    laur4mar Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    mixed greens, apples,blue cheese crumbles,pecans, raspberry vinagrette dressing-YUMO!

I ended up at Wendy's one day for dinner and had their Apple peacan chicken salad, and became obsessed and started making my own version of it!... so I do the above with craisins and some chicken and I add some spinach in the mixed greens... so yummy!
  • marsellient
    marsellient Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    We eat a tossed salad so often that I created recipes for the everyday salad and my honey mustard and balsamic dressings on here to speed up the logging; however, we also make lots of bean salads, and two other favourites are pearl couscous with arugula, olives, feta and lemon dressing, and grilled peach and prosciutto with arugula. Right now I'm making roasted beet and barley salad...also over arugula. Meals in a bowl, so great for summer!
  • TammiAcker
    TammiAcker Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I call it a "Fiesta Salad" cause it's a party in my mouth! :)

Any lettuce blend you like, I prefer the iceberg prepackaged kind with purple cabbage and carrots
    tomato
    grilled boneless skinless chicken breast
    tbsp fresh guacamole
    tbsp fresh salsa
    That's it! Easy filling and low calorie :)
  • jennla32
    jennla32 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Lettuce, salsa, light sour cream, and a chopped up Morningstar Black Bean veggie pattie. OMG it's soo good.
  • iamkatyg
    iamkatyg Posts: 17
    Options
    I almost always have my salads with a bed of spinach, rocket and watercress, cherry tomatoes, cucumber (grated and squeezed of excess liquid), and beetroot then I alternate the main bit, today was tuna and guacamole, yesterday had turkey steak, bacon and egg. Flat leaf parsley, red onion, pickled chillis, gherkins, olives and feta is a nice one too...
    I also usually like to sprinkle mixed seeds on for a nice boost of omega 3, currently I'm on sunflower/pumpkin/hemp/golden linseed and flaxseed!
  • MissyMissy18
    MissyMissy18 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness this is my favorite topic. I love making salads!! A few of my favorites:

1. mixed baby greens, 1/3 C black beans, cilantro, diced mango, 1/4 avocado, 2 T feta cheese, add grilled chicken for extra protein.

2. mixed baby greens, chopped green onion, hard boiled egg, 2 slices uncured turkey bacon,1/4 C peas, 1 T unsalted sunflower seeds, 2 T blue cheese, sometimes add sliced grapes for a little sweetness and, again, chicken or shrimp for extra protein.

3. greens, sliced steak or a chopped up turkey burger patty, strawberries, blue cheese or goat cheese, sliced almonds

my dressing is always a bit of olive oil and vinegar (balsamic, white balsamic, or red wine). I put it in a travel shampoo bottle to take to work, shake it up and drizzle it on!
  • countrygal2004
    countrygal2004 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Kristy161089
    Options
    Moroccan Chicken Salad

* Chicken breast coated in moroccan seasoning and cooked until crispy/ tender (depending on your taste)
    * Dry roasted pumpkin (butternut squash)- cut into cubes
    * Raw walnut pieces
    * Leaves of your choice ( I like spinach and baby rocket)
    * Bit of Greek yoghurt mixed with dijon mustard and a bit of sweetener (or honey mustard dressing) if you want a sauce
  • Kristy161089
    Options
    Moroccan Chicken Salad

* Chicken breast coated in moroccan seasoning and cooked until crispy/ tender (depending on your taste)
    * Dry roasted pumpkin (butternut squash)- cut into cubes
    * Raw walnut pieces
    * Leaves of your choice ( I like spinach and baby rocket)
    * Bit of Greek yoghurt mixed with dijon mustard and a bit of sweetener (or honey mustard dressing) if you want a sauce

Oh and some cherry tomatoes!
  • Doberdawn
    Doberdawn Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Bump will post later when on outer not phone
  • ladytinkerbell99
    ladytinkerbell99 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    I make a very healthy California Summer Salad. This my favorite. :heart:
  • gimpy117
    gimpy117 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    cole slaw!!!!!!
  • ridemhi
    ridemhi Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Just about any vegie would be in there. I have used chicken, steak, shrimp, or crab all are really good, pepper rings, and avocado
  • Sister_Someone
    Sister_Someone Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    The "Whatever's in the fridge" salad. Never fails. You just open your fridge, chop a bit of every single veggie you can find, add some protein of choice, a little bit of your favorite dressing, toss and enjoy!
  • danipetal
    Options
    The other day I randomly tossed some baby spinach leaves, raw carrots, shredded coconut, misc veg together and then squeezed orange juice over it.:love: It sounds weird but I like the orange juice better than dressing.
  • Hodgie12345
    Hodgie12345 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Salad Niciose every time ! Heavy on the anchovies and olives, light on the olive oil - lots of asparagus and a hard boiled egg, three new potatoes, some crunchy green beans, a heavy green lettuce type, no tomato and a few capers. WOW MY PANTS ! Hodgie x
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    Romaine Lettuce - Chopped Cucumber - Creamy Cucumber Dressing.

Quick, easy and delicious.
  • adriennegurat
    Options
    bump
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    So many to choose from

But all in all my favourite is the one that comes in the middle of the cheese burger, for some reason it always tastes great