This is ridiculous!

Options
I have never drank water.... other than a quick sip at a drinking fountain or whatever...

Now I am drinking water... because I want to "follow the program" ... and I know me; If I skip something or cut a corner I risk screwing up the whole thing...

What was I talking about??

Oh yeah... ridiculous.

I have to pee about every 10 minutes... I am getting more exercise walking to the bathroom than I get... uhh... exercising!

Does the body get used to this and the urge to go subside later or??

Replies

• DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    I pee so much now... =X
  • hlp423
    hlp423 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    LOL! I think you will get more used to it haha! I drink tons of water mostly because I sweat alot both at work and during workout times. Good for you for increasing your water intake!
  • thebzax
    thebzax Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat! Recently increased my water intake a LOT (gone from drinking soda all day to purely water) and I'm constantly needing to pee! Hopefully it'll get a bit better, but if not, it's a side effect I can cope with, seeing as it's so good for me :)
  • emmaprocopiou
    emmaprocopiou Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    i am always running for the loo, dont think it gets easier but i am also on some water tablets to aid by BP meds, which is even worse.
    just think of all that extra exercise :) especially if you have to run upstairs , could count as cardio? :happy:
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    I've noticed it does get better, although I still have to visit the bathroom more than I'd like to! But it does burn a few extra calories, all that walking to and fro!
  • mchristians
    Options
    I am pretty sure your body will adjust. You are doing a good thing by flushing your system. Keep up the good work!
  • KIMBAILEYWILLIAMSON
    KIMBAILEYWILLIAMSON Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    LOL, I go to the bathroom REAL often too!
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    For lack of a better term, I p-ss like a race-horse anymore. I have always drank a lot of water, definitely upped it with this whole lifestyle/diet thing, but I pee constantly. Annoying ... lol
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    One other thing, for the ladies, especially those who have had kids: since I stopped drinking soda and started drinking water and lost some weight, that womanly problem of springing a leak when I laugh has gone completely away, even though I still drink coffee like it's going out of style.
  • Acidique
    Acidique Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Oh yes. Lots of urinating. :D But, if you drink a lot of water and DON'T have to urinate you were probably a little dehydrated to begin with.
  • acstansell
    acstansell Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    You'll get used to it. I drink about a 1/2 gallon a day and I usually have to pee about every hour or so. The first week I started, I ultra-hydrated to flush my system and drank 2 gallons a day. That was an every 20 minutes thing.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    You will get used to it somewhat, so you won't have to go quite as often. But if you drink a lot of water, you'll need to pee frequently. Common sense.
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    Bright side of getting so much water... I pretty much do not want to drink anything else... its like "MORE fluids?!"
  • Wonderwoman2677
    Wonderwoman2677 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I can drink one cup or 3 cups and still have to pee every hour. So, I drink about 2 cups an hour while I'm at work. Not as much while I'm at home.
  • buzzcogs
    buzzcogs Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    You will pee more just generally when you drink more water but that is a good thing! peeing often = much more healthy!!!
    However generally your bladder calms down and you pee less often than when you first start.
    Ain't no tax on peeing so pee away! It's a free country! ;-0
  • MountainDont351LBS
    Options
    I have a gerbil bladder as well. One water in, one water out.
  • Jackieonappy
    Jackieonappy Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    LOL Your body gets used to it and you'll pee less often after a while. Trust me, I understand, I drank a gallon of water yesterday...
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    I've been peeing for three years straight.
  • TheLessOfMe
    TheLessOfMe Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    i'm sure the people at work think there's something wrong with me the amount I pee! I get strange looks from my dad and he knows that i'm dieting!!
  • staceface519
    staceface519 Posts: 167
    Options
    your body WILL subside once it gets used to how much more water your putting in your body. . . i was always dehydrated so i started drinking more water and peed every 20 minutes for a week. . . the second week it was once every hour. . . now i drink almost half my body weight and pee a lot less but my bladder and body got used to it. . stick with it and it WILL get better :)