This is ridiculous!

Options

Replies

• RuthSweetTooth
    RuthSweetTooth Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Your dogs are beautiful Mimi - have never seen those before. They look like Pomeranians.
    lol @ the pee exercise...I think MFP should allow us to log that! :tongue:

Woody, please work REALLY hard on getting over that all or nothing thinking. That is the one thing I am working on harder than anything...and it is REALLY paying off! This is FOREVER! NOT a diet. If you have a little slip, or better yet a planned treat, make it just that...a small bump, or a small treat. Seriously. If there were ONE piece of advice I would give to anyone who has battled weight for years and years, that would be it. Well, that and try to cut as much added sugars and artificial sweeteners...oh, and sodium - lol...from your diet as possible. But seriously, the #1 thing would be to think lifestyle, not diet....and to NOT try to be 100%,100% of the time. Nobody can live their entire life "perfect". :flowerforyou:
  • blleadon
    blleadon Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I read somewhere that when you don't drink a lot, or any, water then your body holds on to what it has ans reuses the water in your system. When you start drinking a lot of water, at first it releases the uses water (pee a lot) and uses the fresh water. Idk that's what I read in more words than that, but I know that after a while your body gets used to the regular water intake and it normalizes
  • Woodmangler
    Woodmangler Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    it still blows my mind that there are people who don't normally drink water. It's water! The most life-giving, basic thing that we are biologically designed to consume, have done so for centuries and consume all over the world. It's the best thirst quencher there is, I know I don't reach for a big glass of juice or whatnot when I'm thirsty. I want water. So yeah, it blows my mind how some people don't usually drink water, even saying that sounds weird. Sorry, I know it's a little O/T, but it just had to be said.

Actually, I have been drinking water for years... it's just that I heat it and let it sift downward through some coffee grounds first. :)
  • lbesaw
    lbesaw Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    So funny....but I think the initial "system flush" will adjust. It's good to get all the toxins out of your system while you adjust to the new you program. Good luck! I drink about 10 glasses a day in addition to lots of unsweetened iced tea and a couple cups of coffee-my body has adjusted to all the fluids I consume daily.
  • amanda_ataraxia
    amanda_ataraxia Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I drink a gallon or more every single day. I think that the frequent urinating does subside. I do still have to go often, but I don't really mind it.
  • kbbradley
    kbbradley Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Well I have gotten used to the fact that I have to go more often and it seems to happen at the most inopportune tim .. . . I'll have to finish later gotta run.
  • sun33082
    sun33082 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    uuummm.

So all the people saying that your body will get used to it, and you will pee less......

What exactly is the body doing with the water when it "gets used to it"????

If you are not peeing while drinking more, that's called retaining water. Your body is using the water to flush your system and hydrate itself, but the only way you will pee less, is to excersize more and sweat it out!

Well, someone else has mentioned it, I think.. but during those first few days, once you get hydrated, you start losing water weight that your body has stored up.. so there will be more than normal trips to the restroom.. after that, it should level off.

I was going to mention that, plus I'm sure your bladder (just like your stomach) stretches and gets used to the extra amount of fluid intake. so it's not so much that you're not peeing as much, but you're just not peeing as often.
  • 2Shar
    2Shar Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I have always liked/drank water, but really not this much.. I will say that I am currently peeing my fat away.. Current 18 lbs lost due to increasing water intake to 2 liters plus of water per day.

I wonder, if I can make this last for the whole 210 lbs that I have to lose?
    What, what, what at some point you think I will have to exercise.. OH... such is life.. :)
  • amonroe1343
    amonroe1343 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    One of the symptoms of my diabetes was always being thirsty and running to the bathroom every half hour. After a year of THAT, I am happy to NOT drink so much and NOT have to run to the bathroom all the time. I drink when I am thirsty now...which isn't nearly as often, thank goodness. :)
    Question that I'm too lazy to research for myself: is frequent urination actually a symptom of diabetes, or is it just the result of frequent thirst?

Yes, this is a symptom of diabetes among other symptoms. Also, being thirsty frequently is another symptom of diabetes. There are a list of symptoms
  • QueenGorgo
    QueenGorgo Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'm at about a gallon and a half a day and I notice if I start to pee less, I gain water weight so I know I'm needing more fluids..for me my body adjusts to the amount of water and then I start to bloat, so then I check my sodium intake, increase my fluids a little at a time and then in a couple of days the water weight drops back off...
  • skeeter2584
    skeeter2584 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    When I drink a lot of water (especially within a few minutes' time), about 2 hours later I've gotta go like a racehorse!!! Obviously, you don't want to flush out all of your electrolytes, but drinking water also helps flush toxins out of your system. A common weight loss problem is water retention - if you don't take in enough water, your body will hold on to it for fear of a shortage. By drinking lots of water, you're basically telling your body that it's OK to let go of some of the water it's retaining. Unlike soda and other sweetened beverages, water is also free of calories. So drink up!!! :smile:
  • Springfield_Rocks
    Options
    Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!

it still blows my mind that there are people who don't normally drink water. It's water! The most life-giving, basic thing that we are biologically designed to consume, have done so for centuries and consume all over the world. It's the best thirst quencher there is, I know I don't reach for a big glass of juice or whatnot when I'm thirsty. I want water. So yeah, it blows my mind how some people don't usually drink water, even saying that sounds weird. Sorry, I know it's a little O/T, but it just had to be said.

Actually, I have been drinking water for years... it's just that I heat it and let it sift downward through some coffee grounds first. :)
  • Long_and_Lean
    Long_and_Lean Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    The thought of drinking a cup of coffee when I'm thirsty makes me cringe.

• nlwilliamson
    nlwilliamson Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    brb, got to pee.
  • ChelleFeegan
    ChelleFeegan Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I pee pretty much every hour - gets awkward when in morning meetings :)
  • mcfish618
    mcfish618 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Yes it does get better, it takes your body sometime to get used to it and after you stay consistent drinking water you will honestly get to the point you feel like something is missing if you dont get your water in. TMI-when my pee is clear I know my body is getting the water it needs as opposed to how dark it used to be when I did not drink water.
  • crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I have always peed a lot, about every hour. When I started drinking a lot of water, it did increase a lot, but now it has balanced out. I'm about back to where I was. I don't know if that happens for everyone or not. I just know my body has adjusted.
  • kaseysospacey
    kaseysospacey Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    uuummm.

So all the people saying that your body will get used to it, and you will pee less......

What exactly is the body doing with the water when it "gets used to it"????

If you are not peeing while drinking more, that's called retaining water. Your body is using the water to flush your system and hydrate itself, but the only way you will pee less, is to excersize more and sweat it out!

Some people's bladders will tell them they need to pee earlier than they actually do. After a while, you can go longer because you are peeing more at once.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    One of the symptoms of my diabetes was always being thirsty and running to the bathroom every half hour. After a year of THAT, I am happy to NOT drink so much and NOT have to run to the bathroom all the time. I drink when I am thirsty now...which isn't nearly as often, thank goodness. :)
    Question that I'm too lazy to research for myself: is frequent urination actually a symptom of diabetes, or is it just the result of frequent thirst?

Yes, frequent urination is the result of the frequent....or rather constant....thirst. You drink more because there is so much sugar in your blood you body cant process it so the brain sends a message to you to drink to flush out some of the sugar. Taking medication takes over that job until you can get your sugar under control with diet.
  • Maurice1966
    Maurice1966 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Yeah it's an annoying side effect of drinking lots of water. And, to the gentlmen particularly over 40 yo, might also be time to check out the old prostate gland.