Unfriended for being too fat?

Options

Replies

• capnwo85
    capnwo85 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    What a jerk, hopefully they relapse and binge on some Popeye's, extra spicy.
  • KatherineVictoria
    Options
    People are awful! Don't let her bring you down at all because that is just plain ridiculous. Unfortunately we live in such a judgmental world. No one knows the story behind someone's extreme weight gain, extreme weightloss, and all the points in between. No one should be judging anyone, because sometime there is a bigger reason than just "I ate what I wanted" and "I just wanted to be skinny". You don't know the story until you ask! Ugh... that disgusts me. I'll be your friend! We are all on similar journeys, to better ourselves!
  • 19kat55
    19kat55 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    There is no end to people's stupidity. People should be better, but they're not.
  • joybedford
    joybedford Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    People like that make me feel sick we have no right to judge anyone. We have no idea what has brought someone to the point that are at in their life. I recently became involved in a project for overweight pregnant women, we gave them nutritonal and exercise advice but most of all we were their to support them pregnancy and weightloss wise. I was the midwife involved in the project. The biggest thing that i took away from the project was that these women had been discriminated against their whole lifes even by healthcare professionals. The vast majority were clinically depressed, all had self esteem issues and all felt out of control with their eating and their lifes. The successes in the group were amazing we didn,t want them to lose weight whilst pregnant and they didn,t but after pregnancy they all lost on average about 14- 21 lbs. All of them were much happier with their lives and had made lasting friendships. the important factor was that they didn,t feel judged. I loved every minute of it (apart from the paper work) and love all my women so much.
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Wooooow. I can understand wanting friends with similar goals, but to REFUSE people who are different or whose goals are different is ridiculous! People like that tend to have a "My way is the right way and the only way" attitude so I'm sure you're better off without her but I'm sorry that happened to you :(

Personally I like having friends with small goals, in-the-middle goals, AND large goals- we're all in different places with different perspectives, and can offer ideas based on our various experiences. If any of us were perfect and had all the right answers, we wouldn't be here.

Feel free to add me :)
  • NewChristina
    NewChristina Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    :noway: Uh-- flabbergasted. I don't know what else to say. Maybe "totally ridiculous". I feel badly for her. It's probably a good thing she unfriended you. :wink:
  • Poorgirls_Diet
    Poorgirls_Diet Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I had one delete me because i was fasting for my religion and she said that I wasn't taking this life style serious. I have more 170lbs to lose hun so feel free to add me I am here for the long haul
  • Reneefit135
    Reneefit135 Posts: 170
    Options
    Wow, as much support as we all need...maybe she just wanted someone with her same goals. I only unfriend if someone says something offenses or isn't supporting me. No worries, there are plenty here that will friend you. We all need support no matter how much weight we need to lose or gain.
  • Cathy_Daydreams
    Options
    Humanity never ceases to amaze me 0.0
  • sazzyp1973
    sazzyp1973 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Their loss. They could probably have gained a lot of insight having a friend with your experience with weight loss.

Don't sweat it and move on and give you support to those who are grateful for it and who will offer it back.

All the best and well done on you achievements!
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Doesn't matter, if that's how she feels about it you don't want her as a pal anyway.

Fact is that we're all here to have our own experience. You know what you want your experience to look like and can make decisions based on that, and so can she. Is it worse that she made a decision that falls within her desired experience without making a stink about it or that you came onto the motivation and support board to talk about her?
  • SaundraU
    SaundraU Posts: 77
    Options
    What a jerk, hopefully they relapse and binge on some Popeye's, extra spicy.

hmmmm that's real supportive. While her motives are awful two wrongs don't make a right.
  • EmpressOfJudgment
    EmpressOfJudgment Posts: 1,162 Member
    Options
    Don't let it bug you too much. Everyone has the right to make their experience here their own. I can sort of understand where she is coming from. From the opposite perspective, I have a difficult time relating to people who only need to lose a few pounds. However, it was a ****ty way to go about it. Don't let it get under your skin too long. Feel what you feel about it, and then shake it off and go about your day.
  • jennco3
    jennco3 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I think most of us are on here for the same reasons. To reach a goal and better ourselves. So there is no difference between needed to shed 20-25lbs or 200lbs. I really feel sorry for that person. I hope they find their brain.
  • lvpthemvp
    lvpthemvp Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    That is her loss and her fears. . . would love to have you as a friend.
  • jboccio90
    jboccio90 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    We are all here (or should be) for one thing and that improve our health.
    Whether it is 100 pounds,10 pounds or to gain weight we all share that common goal.

Sorry that happened to you.
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Josie_lifting_cats Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Sheesh.... I don't understand this. I think we can all support each other even if we aren't on the same journey.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    i unfriend people all the time for not eating the way i do. if they're not active. if they have views i don't agree with, etc.

i don't see the big deal.
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    I'll be your friend and I don't care how much you have to lose lol Some people just make me go really?
  • mmachick2011
    mmachick2011 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I notice on MFP that there is a distinction between those who have 20lbs or less to lose, the people in between, and then the obese people who have 100lbs or more to lose. I don't really give a crap anymore. I'm on here to lose weight, plan on losing it, and if you can't support that, leave me the hell alone.

Well said!! I have to admit, for people joining a site called MyFitnessPal... there is a lot of negativity to other members about weight and health!