can you date your brothers ex wife

Options

Replies

• KapuaK
    KapuaK Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    NO...no matter what it may cause family drama. With so many other women in this world it's better to err on the side of caution then to dive into her world like that....especially since you have a nephew who could be confused about it all.

There are other fish in the sea.
  • Jillian11905
    Jillian11905 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Ummm I say no. Even though it was a while ago I wouldn't. I wouldn't even date someone my sister or friend had a crush on.
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    faceoff_zps3bd8dcae.gif \m/

lol so funny
  • NataBost
    NataBost Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Read title. Nope. Read explanation. Nope.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,594 Member
    Options
    Just off tangent here:

If 2 identical twins marries 2 identical twins and both married couples have kids, aren't they really siblings? Things that make you go HMMMMM.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Think of the child and how he/she will call you "Uncle Daddy."
  • spoonful
    spoonful Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Erm... erm... um... sure. Why not!
  • benefiting
    benefiting Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    of all the women in the world to date, you want to date your brother's ex??

try again.

This.
  • SamanthaD1218
    SamanthaD1218 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    So you potentially become your nephew's step father?

I'm reminded of an old song...

My little baby then became a brother-in-law to dad
    And so became my uncle, though it made me very sad
    For if he were my uncle, then that also made him brother
    Of the widow's grownup daughter, who was of course my step-mother
  • spoonful
    spoonful Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Negatory!

Dude.... Your brother put his junk in that. No. Just no

ROTFL
  • David_AUS
    David_AUS Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Only you can really answer this.... If you are doing this out of a genuine love for each other - nothing anyone says will sway your decision. If there are other drivers driven out fear - loneliness, guilt, filling that hole in your heart then I would suggest ponder on these resolve them and see where the feeling takes you. I love this quote from cool runnings .."A gold medal"..."if you not enough without one you will never be enough with one"... Life is to short - live the life you love!
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    to quote the immortal Cranquistador..
    NO.
  • CrusherKun
    CrusherKun Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Ok before you come here and immediately say no.. listen to the story..

I have only met her once before and that was ten years ago.. they divorced 8 years ago.. i havent seen her or talked to her in ten years.. then she brings my nephew up for vacation to visit my parents.. and we kinda hit it off. it wasnt expected. And if i am single and she is single whats it hurt right.. or am i way off base..

now you bring up they have a child together.. well he hasnt seen his son in years.. he is not in his life he doesnt even pay child support..

am i just making this stuff up in my head that it is ok because we really like each other or should i just not do it..

wOw - Jerry Springer is that you?
  • missbp
    missbp Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Hmmm . . .

I am going to go with, sure. Why not?

I hate to be judgmental, but your brother sounds like kind of a jerk. He has a kid whom he does not see or support. That's just not cool.

The ex wife sounds pretty cool, considering that she brings her child around to see his/her grandparents.

Things to consider . . .
    1) How your relationship will affect the child. He/she already has a dad who totally dropped the ball. Don't be the uncle who does the same.
    2) Are your parents cool with this?

Good luck!
  • CrusherKun
    Options
    So you potentially become your nephew's step father?

I'm reminded of an old song...

My little baby then became a brother-in-law to dad
    And so became my uncle, though it made me very sad
    For if he were my uncle, then that also made him brother
    Of the widow's grownup daughter, who was of course my step-mother

What kind of music did you grow up listening too!!!
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    If you're not that close to your brother, I'd say go for it. If you have a good relationship, REALLY question just how much you want to be with her, over how much you want to keep that relationship with your brother.

And if you do decide to date her, prepare for the family backlash.
  • DSTMT
    DSTMT Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Going to weigh in as one of the only people to say I don't really see an issue with this if you are open about it and tread carefully. The kid doesn't have to call you 'Uncle Dad" and any future kids you had together would be their half siblings. To me, this is no different than when a partner passes away and that person's brother/sister ends up with their widowed spouse. It's more common than you think.

If you go for it though, make sure you keep your distance for any child support hearings and family court proceedings. That is their business, not yours... and if you meddle, you could lose more than a brother, it could alienate you from a lot of family.

I agree with this
  • NathanB2002
    Options
    NO. Don't go there!
  • cad39too
    cad39too Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Relationships, even the best ones, come with their own drama at some point....why have a relationship that begins with drama?!
  • CrusherKun
    Options
    WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT........ we are all ignoring one simple fact (and maybe no im too lazy to read all 14 pages of response)

Dude.....What does she look like?