Online dating??

Options

Replies

• devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    I did it for like 6 months -- met a ton of losers. But you know -- it only takes one. I met my husband on match.com four years ago. I pity the fool who looks down on two people who are absurdly happy and in love.
  • AJ_Pete
    AJ_Pete Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    I have had good a bad experiences with it. Well, good and odd. I have actually met some great guys, but there have also been some real weirdos.
    Going out into the world and meeting someone isn't something on my priority list right now, so it's nice to be able to reach out to guys in my area that I wouldn't have otherwise met.
  • legs_n_bacon
    legs_n_bacon Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Have you tried www.christianmingle.com? Meet the partner God intended for you....
  • MissShancey
    MissShancey Posts: 464
    Options
    i met a guy on plenty of fish .. dated for almost 5 years ...
  • MissShancey
    MissShancey Posts: 464
    Options
    Have you tried www.christianmingle.com? Meet the partner God intended for you....

:laugh:
  • ChrisRS87
    ChrisRS87 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I'd imagine dating sites have to have a higher concentration of the socially awkward. If they weren't they would have had more success meeting someone day to day. Though I can also imagine those that just don't have the time to meet someone, but I believe these to be the minority, and in pictures taken from the right angles, indistinguishable from the creeps.
  • LonLB
    LonLB Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    IMO it's for a certain type of person or situation/attitude.

I used it. I was sick of the same old BS, and thought I was ready for a "girlfriend" type relationship. 'That' is why I used one.
    I went on a few dates, dated one girl for a few months (she was actually probably a good girl but was a little crazy for me), and also met my wife on one.

It worked out great because we would have hit it off anyhow, but would have never met, without the dating site because we never would have been in the same places.
  • dlwyatt82
    dlwyatt82 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    My wife and I met by playing World of Warcraft, does that count? :laugh:
  • hollace_noel
    Options
    u just have to use good judgment when meeting up with people, there will be some wierdos to weed thru. i met my botfriend on plenty of fish and weve been together over 2yrs now :) good luck and always meet in a public setting
  • still_crafty
    still_crafty Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    have you tried myfitnesspal.com?
  • DawnAnonymous
    Options
    My friend met her now husband on-line: plentyoffish.com. She said she had a hard time because 9 out of 10 guys were just looking for a one night stand.

Either way, I might have thought it was weird back in the day but now all bets are off. Seeing her get married and start a family from meeting a guy on-line has changed my perspective. We live in a technological society...
  • LonLB
    Options
    I did it for like 6 months -- met a ton of losers. But you know -- it only takes one. I met my husband on match.com four years ago. I pity the fool who looks down on two people who are absurdly happy and in love.

YES
  • LonLB
    Options
    One other thing I'll add. If you are not good at reading people online dating is going to lead to a bunch of BS for you.
  • ChrisRS87
    ChrisRS87 Posts: 781 Member
    Options

Lol! at least you'll know that they intend on taking care of their bodies!
  • PittShkr
    PittShkr Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options

I didn't say you could come up for air did I?
  • StarkLark
    StarkLark Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    As a guy that is not weird or strange.. it works great.

Funny thing is EVERY girl I have met that tries it, has stories similar to the OP.
    I find this to be absolutely true on both counts.
  • chocolateandpb
    chocolateandpb Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Bump to read through this later because I'm considering giving online dating a try (again)...it's just so hard to meet single guys when every one of your friends is married and has kids! I did match.com about 8 years ago and it was just one one-night stand after the next (don't judge). Not what I'm looking for now.
  • christyd4
    christyd4 Posts: 191
    Options
    I met my BF on an online sports message board we've been together a little over a year about 16 months
  • LonLB
    Options
    As a guy that is not weird or strange.. it works great.

Funny thing is EVERY girl I have met that tries it, has stories similar to the OP.
    I find this to be absolutely true on both counts.

Yep...I met one girl and I could swear it wasn't even the same person I saw a picture of
  • AprilRenewed
    AprilRenewed Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I will always say that eharmony is awesome because it's how I met my husband! We've been together for 3 years, married for 2.

And I met my best friend on a blogging site - turns out she lived right by me! We've been BFFs for...wow...going on 7 years now.