That guy with fries

Options
124»

Replies

• laus_8882
    laus_8882 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Poutine? Oh my goodness... that's chips and gravy with 10x more deliciousness. Why don't we have it here in Australia?

Once again the Southern Hemisphere gets shafted.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Get yourself some fries this Sunday.
  • fatboymax
    fatboymax Posts: 90
    Options
    fries. you just writing the word made me want to punch you in the face...if it meant I could get those fries. (nothing personal. sorry.)

Oh were fighting for fries.....it's on.... so bring it! haha
  • Katahna
    Katahna Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I haven't read any of the posts on this one, but seeing the title made me want fries.

mmmmmmm.
  • jodyw83
    jodyw83 Posts: 38
    Options
    I just try to grit my teeth and get through it. It's going to suck for sure, but after a few weeks it's really not so bad. And then after a while longer it's even easier. I went to the fair today and while I looked at the fried everything booths I didn't have anything. And when it came time for lunch, I got a fruit and cheese plate and a small side of mac and cheese. I know it doesn't seem like it now, but it will definitely get easier to the point that you will surprise yourself!
  • artickb22
    artickb22 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Perserverence! Easier said than done but works everytime!
  • ccynthia9891
    ccynthia9891 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Sugar free gum and water helps a ton to try to distract from those cravings. But when it's just too much to bear, go ahead and have a little of the thing you're craving. Don't go overboard with it though. And if at all possible, try to substitute a healthier version of those fries you're craving--maybe you can even make some of your own at home?
  • softsculptor
    softsculptor Posts: 102
    Options
    If I'm craving something, avoiding it is a disaster. I end up eating large amounts of other foods trying to avoid it. I end up eating more calories than I would have eaten if I just ate the food I was craving in the first place!

So, I would say, have some. Order the smallest order they have, and throw (or give) half of it away. And then enjoy!

Yeah, definitely eat some fries. You won't be happy until you do - just figure out how many calories each one is (roughly) and allow yourself a fixed amount. Then exercise later to make up for it ;)
  • softsculptor
    softsculptor Posts: 102
    Options
    Most of the time I ignore the craving, stick to my plan, and feel awesome for being so darn in control of myself.

If it's something I've been wanting for a while, I find a way to plan for it. I'll plan a day of really light eating or plan to eat it on a day when I'm doing some major exercise.

Also excellent advice...I do this without even thinking about it (re: planning in advance).
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    I let myself have junk. I just don't go overboard with it usually. Small portions. And I don't usually buy junk to keep in the house. I make it so that I have to go somewhere in the car to get it.
  • lillauraseymour
    lillauraseymour Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I allow myself one junk food meal a week, still do a workout and log it.
  • NettyIOM
    NettyIOM Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Every Friday, a colleague who sits in front of me buys himself Chips, Cheese & Gravy for lunch (Chips = Fries in the UK). He then proceeds to eat it in front of me. I hate him. :tongue:
  • gabeej
    gabeej Posts: 45
    Options
    I HATE poutine. It grosses me out like no other.
  • OnionMomma
    OnionMomma Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Poutine is poutine and Julep fries are Julep fries... actually, no direct connections unless you take a poutine with the julep fries!

I have not found pics of the Julep fries... but the damn poutine.... I did, full of them.... yummmmmm!!(drooling like Homer!)

poutine.jpg

NOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

I haven't had this since high school when we did a trip to Cananda to help in a camp. YUMMY!!!!!!!
  • bluebug53
    bluebug53 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I must have come a long way in my plant strong/healthy journey, because that looks totally disgusting!
  • fatboymax
    Options
    Poutine? Oh my goodness... that's chips and gravy with 10x more deliciousness. Why don't we have it here in Australia?

Once again the Southern Hemisphere gets shafted.

Poutine is one of those foods that tastes delicious, looks terrible, and you can only eat it once maybe twice a year. I am sure there are foods like that in the southerm hemisphere that we do not have.
  • jennifer52484
    jennifer52484 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Don't do it!!! Especially where you want it so bad. It is not like you have to give up french fries forever. You just have to train your mind and body first. Get control over your eating habits and once you are comfortable with it, then if you still really want them introduce them again but this time you'll hopefully be wiser.
  • fatboymax
    Options
    Don't do it!!! Especially where you want it so bad. It is not like you have to give up french fries forever. You just have to train your mind and body first. Get control over your eating habits and once you are comfortable with it, then if you still really want them introduce them again but this time you'll hopefully be wiser.

Thanks. I never thought of it that way and I will from now on!