How does your SO support you or not support you?

Options
124»

Replies

• jadedzen
    jadedzen Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    my SO isn't supportive in that:
    -he will put cheese on my food before serving it to me when i've asked him not to
    -he makes fun of my calorie counting
    -he makes fun of my 'bird seed bread' and 'food's food'
    -he insists on making no changes to his diet, which includes 4 white breads slathered in nutella as his his healthy breakfast, and he drinks full sugar pepsi from morning till after i go to bed.
    -he keeps a schedule of 7am-3pm which is very disrupting to my exercise routine. I am allowed to wake him after noon but he won't wake himself.
    -he is sure i will lose all my weight from my breasts

even though i was 30 lbs lighter when we met....
  • LastMinuteMama
    LastMinuteMama Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    We've always cooked fairly healthy meals at home, but in the last few years have migrated towards the exericise piece. He had never been a runner and I dared him to do a road race with me. He did. Now, we both run & workout, but just not together. He always knows when I need to go for a run and will lovingly throw my sneakers are me and push me out the door...because I'm a procrastinator!
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    I love to eat, my baby cakes cooks me whatever I want :-)

My AMAZING guy (fpacudan) tells me I'm beautiful all the time! He laughs with me, cries with me (on occasion), and makes me feel LOVED! When I'm having a bad day he reminds me that I have what MOST people want and he loves me the way I am--not in a "well, it's okay you've got X problem"...but moreso..."X is not a problem--you're perfect." He has even spent his time researching my health issues and tries to comfort me about the freakish things my body can do sometimes. He is PERFECT in every way. I love you babe!

oh and he even sits on the couch and counts my fit test results when i do insanity! :) (as he watches me pant/die from cardiac arrest). lol
  • paintlisapurple
    paintlisapurple Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    My SO ISN'T supportive:

He asks me to buy him chocolate when shopping
    He won't drink diet or calorie free drinks
    Orders pizza and asks if I want one knowing full well I've just eaten
    Never asks how I'm doing or if I've lost anything
    When I say I've lost pounds or inches, he just looks up and says ok
    Refuses to lose weight himself despite being over 240lbs and diabetic...

There are other areas he is unsupportive relating to my health and disabilities, but that's for therapy lol!

This is awful to say, but please don't let me be the only one who's SO doesn't care!

Well my husband is and isn't supportive at the same time. (LOL Contradiction I know.)
    He is because: He tells me I'm beautiful.
    He'll eat anything I cook (but he did say he would NOT eat tofu. LOL)
    He'll pretend to listen when I go on about MFP. :laugh:
    He (at the same time) isn't because: After he tells me I'm beautiful he says "to me no matter what". (um is that a compliment?)
    Even though he "listens" his eyes get kind of a glazed look to them.
    I guess I'll just say he's supportive to the best of his ability. (sigh*) :ohwell:
  • J3SSP3NNY
    J3SSP3NNY Posts: 235
    Options
    I met him on here!

He counts every calorie he eats and encourages me to do the same.
    He asks me if I really want that bag of candy/donut I keep eyeballing.
    He works out with me 5-6 days out of the week!
    He cooks for me.
    He rubs me when I'm sore from leg day.
    He tells me he's proud of me.
    He praises me and lets me know how great I'm looking.
    He checks up on my progress every day <3

He also is my inspiration! (I'm gonna post before and after since he never has #proudgirlfriendmoment)

He went from:
    315lbs
    IMG_2009.jpg
    to195lbs
    IMG_2008.jpg
    to 225lbs of muscle :)
    IMG_1493.jpg
  • J3SSP3NNY
    J3SSP3NNY Posts: 235
    Options
    I met him on here!

He counts every calorie he eats and encourages me to do the same.
    He asks me if I really want that bag of candy/donut I keep eyeballing.
    He works out with me 5-6 days out of the week!
    He cooks for me.
    He rubs me when I'm sore from leg day.
    He tells me he's proud of me.
    He praises me and lets me know how great I'm looking.
    He checks up on my progress every day <3

He also is my inspiration! (I'm gonna post before and after since he never has #proudgirlfriendmoment)

He went from:
    315lbs
    IMG_2009.jpg
    to195lbs
    IMG_2008.jpg
    to 225lbs of muscle :)
    IMG_1493.jpg

His user is hornedone
  • princessdracos
    princessdracos Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    My husband is another of the contradictions...lol. He has never been one to compliment me (which I've been fine with until now because I've always had zero self-esteem). However, he also doesn't judge me when I make a bad choice. Once I had stuck with this for awhile, he did say how proud he was of me, and when I didn't work out for a few days and decided to exercise, he said he was glad to see I wasn't going to let all my hard work go to waste. I promptly fell off the wagon, though, and have just maintained for several weeks. He never said anything negative during this period, for which I am grateful. Like someone else said, he supports me to the best of his ability :laugh: