Have any of you been asked when the baby was due.

Options

Replies

• paleirishmother
    Options
    Yep, recently. I had just HAD my baby 3 weeks before hand. I was annoyed.
  • Blaineyyy
    Blaineyyy Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Last week.

And my way of handling it? Cry, moan, whinge... get off my butt and burn the phantom baby jelly.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I have twice......Tell people you are expecting a child and they get all nosy and think they deserve to know when.....
  • futurestarz
    futurestarz Posts: 510
    Options
    Years ago when my youngest was 5, we went to Six Flags (Missouri), I thought I looked good, but, the young man(very young) suggested I might not want to ride the ride because it was advised against for pregnant people. He was such a fresh faced earnest boy that I didn't have the heart to tell him that I wasn't pregnant. It has always stuck with me. FYI: that 5 year old is going on 19 :noway:

I had the same thing happen to me, except at Cedar Pointe. I was only about 19 and with a few friends. It was so embarrassing. What a wake up call!
  • SFbarmaid
    SFbarmaid Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    yes, this happened to me at the gym, about a year ago ( a year after I had my son.)

The fat dude on the treadmill next to me asked if I was expecting...I said, no...are you? I was pissed. He looked like he was pregnant with twins.

*kitten*$hole.
  • JamesterCK
    JamesterCK Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah! I used to work at a doctor's office and one of the patients that I was giving a shot to was like, "So when are you due?". I was so embarrassed; I said, "Actually he's 6 months old....so yeah....". I hate when people do that, I would never presume that anyone is pregnant because you just never know and it hurts to hear that.
  • asugar
    asugar Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Yes it has happened to me once in my twenties, once in my thirties and once in my 40s. It feels terrible! Some women were just born with a little pooch and that is me! Learning to embrace,y curves and be happy I am healthy!
  • shellygalliher
    Options
    I was at a convenience store once and the clerk asked me "when are you due?" I replied "about 12 years ago". She looked very confused. I paid for my stuff and left. :)

That happened over 10 years ago (my kids are 22 and 24 now) and I still remember it. But, oh well, I am sure it was innocent and I have had a lot worse things said to me.

But no matter what anyone says to anyone on this site, we all know that we are doing what we can do to lose it, so just keep on keepin on! :)
  • MNguerita
    MNguerita Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Mine was a little differend, was at a barbecue with a friend and we were going dancing after and an elderly mother type was asking me if it was a good idea that I go dancing in my condition. She of course thought I was lying when I told her I was not preggo, either that or she was too embarrassed to apologize for her comment. I didn't let it get to me. Too bad it didn't motivate me to get my butt in gear back then!
  • LaGordita87
    LaGordita87 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Only once did i have someone say something about me being pregnant when i wasn't and i was only 16, but in the ladies defense i was in babies r us and i was buying a pack n play, bouncy seat and a few other baby items, i regularly watched, ok practically raised babies in my family, from the time i was 13, and i needed supplies lol most of my cousins were pregnant pretty young and still wanted to go out all the time and i loved/love being around kids so thats how i spent my teenage years, raising my teenage cousins babies. she told me i shouldn't lift the pack n play box while i was pregnant and that she would get someone to help me, i had to inform her i wasn't and she said she was sorry she just assumed i was because of all the baby items i was buying.

I am surprised i don't get more comments though, i still wear most of my maternity shirts because i like the way they hide my fat belly and i could careless if it makes me look pregnant, i would rather have someone assume i am pregnant because i wear a shirt that makes me look pregnant than have them see my actual fat under my shirt because it's clinging to my belly more than a maternity shirt would. But i am weird about stuff around my belly, it's the part i hate the most and i do all i can to hide it, i would even wear a shirt that looked like a tent if thats what it took
  • Gidzmo
    Gidzmo Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    LMAO! I remember this guy giving up his seat on the train for me as he thought I was pregnant, I didn't have the heart to say I wasn't or to embarrass myself further.

At least some guys are willing to do that at all!

And yes, a few have asked if I was pregnant. :noway: I was a bit younger and quite heavier then!
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    No, but im sure people thought about it.
  • cairoqueen27
    cairoqueen27 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    "I was always told, unless you can see a head coming out.
    Or the person says " i cant wait till this baby is born"
    Dont EVER ask if they're pregnant. "
    I wish people would follow this rule - it would save some heartache and embarrassment
  • Dani_wants_to_be_fit
    Dani_wants_to_be_fit Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    No, but a few people thought I was a football since they said I was so fat if they kicked me over I would roll down the hill like a football.... People are cruel -_-
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend and I were in line at the grocery store buying snacks to eat during a movie one night. The lady in front of us smiled and asked us about our "bundle of joy" on the way. I was confused at first then I got pissed and told her I wasn't pregnant. She felt awful, and kept apologizing, only making it worse. She even went on to say that she thought I was pregnant only because of the shirts the "young girls wear these days with the empire waist". Her rambling made it worse, so I handed my BF my snacks, then went out to the truck and cried.

Another time I was at work and a lady asked if I was expecting because my boobs looked huge. This was a compliment and a slap in the face at the same time.
  • BrieLP
    BrieLP Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Actually a couple of times.

Once when I was way smaller i worked at a gym and a lady came in and asked me when i was due, i told her i wasn't pregnant and she replied. "Oh well you just need to work out then like me" I just laughed because I was in no way fat back then!

Then a few years ago I was at a bar (beer in one hand cigarette in the other) and someone asked me when my twins were due. I was like um im not pregnant, but thanks for calling me fat! Apparently she thought I was dating her exboyfriend and his new chick was really pregnant with twins.....
  • acmilan11
    acmilan11 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Many times I've been offered a seat on the train :embarassed:
  • ktbug1186
    ktbug1186 Posts: 266
    Options
    I NEVER ask a woman if she's pregnant. I don't care if she looks like she's about to pop! Because you never know, and it could be extremely hurtful to the person!!! People are so insensitive!!!
  • BrieLP
    BrieLP Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I admit to having done this ("are you pregnant" not once, but twice). I think I've trained myself to stop doing it, even if I'm thinking it.

Yeah I've had a few friends at work that started to gain weight i never asked if they were and once they really started showing they told us all they were pregnant, i would never do that to someone so i would never ask.
  • aimelee
    aimelee Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    people ask me this ALL THE TIME! then again, i am 31 weeks pregnant... :wink:

Really though, i cannot imagine how mortifying that would be. So sorry you have all had to deal with that. People shouldn't say a d@mn word unless that baby is crowning!