Things you do now that you didn't think you'd do

Options

Replies

• Jenism1
    Jenism1 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Never thought I would get up at 5:20am every weekday to go the gym to work out! Never was a morning person! Now I have been doing this for over a year!
  • TaniaW74
    TaniaW74 Posts: 27
    Options
    I now have a gym membership and go regularly 3-4 times a week instead of sitting playing computer games. Even my boyfriend is wondering what has happened.
  • BeckySue1977
    BeckySue1977 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I actually REALLY DO - no kidding, no talking myself into it - think 95% of fast food is disgusting. Amazing how your tastes change!

As a past fast-food-junkie, I find now that it still tastes good, but I don't want it because it gives me a stomach ache after eating now. I guess my body is telling me it doesn't want the crap now. So even though it still tastes good, I don't want that feeling and have lost my cravings for the most part.
  • Michelleypoo82
    Options
    This is such an awesome thread!

I didn't think I would ever be able to get through an intense workout like Insanity, but here I am into week two!
  • RobinShay
    RobinShay Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Every Sunday we would go and eat these big juicy hamburgers and basket of fries with cheese and Ranch and not share. Mmmmm. Now if we go out I can't eat it all! I have to split it and I still have trouble eating it all. I still don't have problems drinking the beer tho. :drinker:
  • johannasmith
    johannasmith Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I love this thread. I am not a runner. I am a swimmer. I ran a mile without stopping the other day. The last time I did that I was 16ish. I have no real desire to eat out period! Every single time I do I just think about how I could make something better at home.
  • checkmatekingtwo
    checkmatekingtwo Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Can't believe that I'm actually blogging about my weight loss journey (www.jodavidsmeyer.com/blog). In the past, I've kept my "diets" a secret, because I didn't want people to know when I failed. Now, I'm just putting it all out there because I'm not dieting anymore. I'm changing my life.
  • allie7383
    allie7383 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I never thought I would actually make it this far into changing my life.
    I never ran, and now I'm training for my first full marathon. I have confidence that I never ever had, and get much more enjoyment out of life.
  • Rayzback
    Rayzback Posts: 73
    Options
    I'm still new, but at the end of eight weeks I find the ability to rattle off the calorie count and serving sizes of several foods from memory now almost humorous. The entire family is eating healthier and we are exercising regularly.... capgras delusions.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I thought I would just use this site as a food journal. Now I have friends online and feel like I'm accountable for keeping up my weight loss program. Thanks guys. I even do the mini-challenges and I'm exercising every day
  • volume77
    volume77 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym for fun!
    I consider cauliflower exciting to eat
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I run.

People who have known me for years are completely blown away by this, and so am I!!

And I run for long distances (16km last weekend) and don't give up just because something gets a little bit sore or I'm a bit sweaty or there is a hill up ahead. Truly amazing :)

And I wear size 12 (US 8) pants and have done so for almost a year now. That's even more amazing than the running!
  • kingofcrunk
    kingofcrunk Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I'm part of the charity committee at my work. I just held an hour long cake sale with Krispy Kreme donuts and Bens cookies and didn't have one!

We often have 'treats' in the office (cakes, biscuits, chocolate) and I haven't had any for weeks. Its just not worth it!
  • MissMormie
    MissMormie Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    After hurting my knees I'm not allowed to run according to the physical therapist until I've gained back more muscles there.
    Yesterday though I was so frustrated with not being able to work out that, despite a good reason not to go running, I went out for a run anyway!

Even in high school I always refused to run, and now, I get so annoyed by not running I do so even when I shouldn't.

Guess I'm a runner now ;)
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    I consider cauliflower exciting to eat

Now that's just crazy talk. There are plenty of yummy and nutritious vegetables that DON'T taste like cauliflower. Why would you do that?
  • TheLessOfMe
    TheLessOfMe Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    already i've noticed myself WANT to go home after work and do some exercise! and yeah I've found I just don't find fast food that appealing anymore. The other day I was sitting outisde halfords waiting for my dad and all I could smell was the KFC from across the road. It actually made me feel a little queasy!
  • sunnymel126
    sunnymel126 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I actually eat vegetables and fruit now. Whoa.
  • writinwater
    Options
    My C25K days are Monday, Wednesday and Friday. On Wednesday night I felt myself getting a cold, so I went to the gym on Thursday (still feeling quite rubbish) without even thinking about it, because I knew it would be worse today!

Normally I would have just taken it as an excuse to skip the 3rd day all together.

Yay for self-motivation! Who knew?? :)
  • PrincessNikkiBoo
    PrincessNikkiBoo Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Eat a salad on 'Fish and Chips Friday' at work! Done it for 3 months now! :)
  • shayleeloves
    Options
    I never thought I would wake up and have the DESIRE to do something physical where I will sweat a lot and feel a burn! Working out when I was younger used to be like riding a bike but not breaking a sweat. Now I find it pointless to do anything without sweating. And I like to challenge myself and keep my heart rate up.