10 years together... what a difference 2 years can make!

Options
Cheri_Moves
Cheri_Moves Posts: 625 Member
005-002.jpg
042-1.jpg

Tomorrow will mark 10 years married to the most wonderful man I know. He was my high school sweetheart. He was the one I "grew up" with. He was the man who stood by my side through 9 years of infertility. And subsequently, he is the the father of our son.

He is also the man who watched me get bigger, while I watched him do the same. Over the years, we gained a lot of weight together. Eating out, eating anything we wanted, making excuses together. Being very inactive. Well, this all changed about 2 years ago. Starting with him.

In the past 2 years, my husband has lost around 100 pounds
107-001.jpg Before
008-1.jpg After!

In the past 1+ year, I have lost 75 pounds
209.jpg Before
079.jpg After!

I look back on the years we've spent together, and I'm filled with mixed emotions. The damage we did to ourselves through years of unhealthy living, which in turn led to stress, depression, lack of intimacy, caused a strain on our marriage. BUT, we have been able to mend much of this through our journey over these past 2 years. Getting healthy has given our marriage the new life it needed.

To celebrate our new life, we are doing an Olympic duathlon in September... he is a cyclist and I am a runner :drinker:

Replies

• rusialeelee
    rusialeelee Posts: 143
    Options
    WOW that is AMAZING.. no words.... wow..... !! power couple! :D
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    Wow you both look great. That's awesome you did it together
  • chrissyrn04
    chrissyrn04 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    That is AWESOME! Its amazing that you two could do it together and move closer together because of it!
  • italiankrystal26
    Options
    Congrats and Happy Anniversary! 10 years is awesome! You both look amazing!:flowerforyou:
  • dailyguy
    dailyguy Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Great job and congratulations to both of you.

Now remember, it's not just about loosing weight. It is about getting healther, leaner, and stronger: "Healthy Fit"
  • ambarr82
    ambarr82 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Amazing results!!! Congratulations to you both. :happy:

And HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!
  • startime72
    Options
    Congrats to the both of you! What an incredible accomplishment. Keep up all the good work!
  • teekee08
    teekee08 Posts: 10
    Options
    Your story and success is truly inspirational and beautiful!! Congrats to your renewed commitments!
  • snelson1966
    snelson1966 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I love your story, thank you so much for sharing. My husband and I are on a similar journey this year, working together to get healthy and fit. Well done, congratulations to you both. Wishing much peace, happiness and good health.
  • Mpowered1
    Mpowered1 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    That is so inspriring and sweet!
  • jcjsjones
    jcjsjones Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    LOVE THIS! You both look wonderful, and what a way to motivate each other! Congratulations!
  • raindance_maggie
    Options
    awww, this gave me the sniffles. i love your story and you both look amazing. your son is adorable and congratulations for all goodness that is in your life and will continue to present in the years to come.
  • Nixenne
    Nixenne Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Amazing and inspiring! Congratulations on all you've accomplished together, and thank you for sharing this. :)
  • xarge
    xarge Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Incredible pictures! Kudos to you both!
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    what a great story!! amazing love and strength!!!
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    That's so sweet. Congrats to the both of you!!
  • go4itjoanna
    go4itjoanna Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to both of you! You know that I think you are an inspiration.
  • Romans624
    Romans624 Posts: 822
    Options
    I am so glad you two did it together and got to reap the rewards, TOGETHER! Congratulations to the both of you... you seriously earned it. You both look great as well, and have an adorable son!
  • gonna_do_it_56
    gonna_do_it_56 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    You both look fantastic and thank you for showing your progress.....its great motivation...
  • ladyluch99
    ladyluch99 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    What an awesome job you both have done! It must be so nice to have the love of your life to do it with. I'm happy for you both. Great job!!! Cheers!:drinker:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!